+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Darkening Deeps, from Beta to Head Start

Default Darkening Deeps, from Beta to Head Start

Im just wondering if anyone has noticed a serious difference in the difficulty of Darkening Deeps from the difficulty in Beta 6/7. Please share your thoughts.
    Last edited by Xuhybrid; 02-27-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhybrid View Post
    Im just wondering if anyone has noticed a serious difference in the difficulty of Darkening Deeps from the difficulty in Beta 6/7. Please share your thoughts.
    I didn't do DD in beta (played Defiant) but I think the Spider boss is a bit too hard for a level 23 group. The giant werewolf thing feels just right, but the Spider boss feels like far too much of a ramp in difficulty, the only way I've done it is with a least one high 20's DPS class and a good tank/dedicated healer and off healer.

On that note it's extremely hard to target the cocooned player, it takes at least 5 - 10 seconds of constant clicking to find a part of the cocoon that actually registers as the cocoon and not the player trapped inside. This might be the reason why the boss feels too hard now.

And the final DD boss is a joke.

Soulwalker

Well, just yesterday I tanked through all DD as a 23 Justicar/Shaman tank. For werewolf we needed three attempts to figure out what the (censored) was going on, and I liked it
    Spider went down on the first try, though a few times I broke a sweat trying to keep all adds kicking my thin elven frame. Healer was cocooned twice, at least, and that posed no real problems.

These two look pretty much okay to me, after rather easy first boss. Kept me on my toes.

And last boss trio was a joke. Too easy, in my opinion.
    Last edited by fR0z3nS0u1; 02-28-2011 at 12:11 AM.

Soulwalker

We had group of lvl 21/22's and did fine. Tho one wipe in spider boss when he cocooned me(healing cleric) but second time he just cocooned our rogue which was off healing with bard and we didnt have problems on that time.

Rift Disciple

Make sure you have a 2 healers or at least a support healer and its easy. With only 1 healer the spider is hard.

I tanked DD fine, there were no issues other than when someone accidentally pulled double groups.

The spider boss is simple if you have a good tank that can do some AOE pulling to keep the little spiders on it. The DPS just needs to watch for webs.

The werewolf is easy if your tank is specced properly and can remove mind control from itself and keeps the werewolf in the dark.

A lot of these fights would be impossible if you have bad tanks that do not spec properly or bad dps that cannot single target properly.

The instance is fine as far as difficulty.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by fR0z3nS0u1 View Post
    Well, just yesterday I tanked through all DD as a 23 Justicar/Shaman tank. For werewolf we needed three attempts to figure out what the (censored) was going on, and I liked it
    Unfortunately, someone in my group insisted on explaining every boss in detail, including the werewolf. Even though the goblins are shouting instructions at you during the fight. On-screen messages appear during the spider fight telling you who it's going to cocoon as well...

Biggest problem with the spider boss was a wall suddenly materialising and locking out everyone but me and a DPS.

In fact, all the boss fights so far have been quite intuitive. Example: Boss with adds takes no damage til you kill the adds. Illustrated by the beams between the adds and the boss.

Realm of the Fae was much better. No insistence on following "the guide" for that one. It actually felt like something new, and the last boss was suitably tough.

Soulwalker

The spider's cocoon is line of site, so just running circles around the pillar will keep it off of you if you're a healer.

Thanks for the feedback. I went through the dungeon again with new people and it was far easier. I think our first tank was a complete fail. His health dropped way too fast for me to keep up at the spider/last boss.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by LOLtex View Post
    I didn't do DD in beta (played Defiant) but I think the Spider boss is a bit too hard for a level 23 group. The giant werewolf thing feels just right, but the Spider boss feels like far too much of a ramp in difficulty, the only way I've done it is with a least one high 20's DPS class and a good tank/dedicated healer and off healer.
    Did it in a group me (reaver level 25 or 26 - don't remember exactly) and rest of group was 23-24. First we had to figure it out but as we were doing this for the first time actually but then once we did figure it out that fight was very easy. All it took was to take adds as soon as they spawn on myself as they were doing no dmg to me. Rest of group also managed basing on health bars and comments from healer fairly easy
    The werewolf is easy if your tank is specced properly and can remove mind control from itself and keeps the werewolf in the dark.
    Unless something is different on expert level I never had to do it. Effect fades long before you can start pulling out of moonlight again.
    Cyrus guild

Cyrus topic on Rift forums
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...cated-members!

Quote Originally Posted by grapesoda View Post
    The spider's cocoon is line of site, so just running circles around the pillar will keep it off of you if you're a healer.
    They patched that actually. Its not a perfect fix but it largely ignores LoS.

It's actually my favorite of the <30 dungeons ... I even ran all the way over there to run it last night even though I'm defiant.

I also think its slightly easier since Beta which makes it perfectly tuned for me. As long as you're ok with it being 22-26 and realizing that if you're Cleric or Rogue tanking it you probably want to be closer to 25-26 to succeed.

Alsio Kudos to Trion because D-Deeps has some very creative mechanics which had a lot of bugs in Beta (like the Werewolf staying in light and getting like 20 stacks) all of which seem to be fixed.

Shadowlander

The key is a good tank and aoe damage. First run there I joined a group as my dps inquis along with another inquis. We stomped through it really fast and the spider boss was cake with the aoe damage of 2 inquisitors.

Later that day I went with another group and this time I was the healer. It was horrible, we had lousy dps especially lousy AOE dps. It took forever just to get to Deepfang so I already had a bad feeling about it. Sure enough we wiped 4 times in a row because of the damn spiders that nobody could kill while I ran out of mana.

A couple days later I went through there with my ranger and also had a smooth run.

After being let down by Fae I really liked this dungeon. The first dungeon with an actual dungeon feel to it that goes down pretty deep with fun boss fights.

Rift Disciple

Default huge difference

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhybrid View Post
    The difference is huge, the leveling instances are so boring now its a snooze fest. They are incredibly easy.

I only hope the lvl 50 stuff is more interesting.

All i so ( lock/necro ) is AE the crap out of everything... reminds of of WOTLK. yay !

Did the entire thing with a group of 20-23 people, was quite underwhelmed by the bosses. The only boss that was really interesting was the werewolf boss

+ Reply to Thread