+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Role Designations for Raids/Instances

Default Role Designations for Raids/Instances

It would be very beneficial for Trion to add a way to designate your role as you entry a raid/instance.

1. Healers would have a quick way to identify the raid tanks.
    2. Tanks and DPS would have a quick way to identify the Healers.
    3. Adds to the games already superior polish.

You guys support this .. chime in!

Soulwalker

cause typing "hey guys, who's the healer?" is hard. Stuff like what you are suggesting is nice in theory but takes away from communication. Communication builds teams and teams work better than individuals. I actually enjoy typing in party again for the first time in 3 years. It is nice to get to know my group and have them be on the same server, making the game feel like an actual community rather than a bunch of random people I bump into.

Soulwalker

I think I'm missing something here, is there a secret dungeon finder I don't know about?

How are you getting into groups without people knowing who is the tank and who is the healer before they're in the instance?

EDIT: They do have these in place already,
    • tank
    • melee dps
    • ranged dps
    • healer
    • support
    Last edited by Knighty; 02-28-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Soulwalker

I do so support Shoz in his opinion.

Please do not make the game a clickfest like One Certain Game has become It is an integral part of an MMO - talking to people, gettin' to know wnat they can do
    Had a fun time once trying to decide who's gonna tank, and then just ruled it as whoever keeps the aggro on first few pulls - tanks, the other one goes damager
    Last edited by fR0z3nS0u1; 02-28-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Telaran

Look for the colorcoding.

I noticed it during warfronts where it's in place as well.

It even takes into account your soulbuild so when i change to a heavy riftstalker it shifts from dps to tank. It also accurately identifies certain souls as ranged and others as melee from what I've seen.

I do think maybe it has riftblade as melee though. But then again it was prolly supposed to be.
    "The promise of a friend is to stand by you when you're wrong. When you're right practically anyone will stand by you."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayushi View Post
    Look for the colorcoding.

I noticed it during warfronts where it's in place as well.

It even takes into account your soulbuild so when i change to a heavy riftstalker it shifts from dps to tank. It also accurately identifies certain souls as ranged and others as melee from what I've seen.

I do think maybe it has riftblade as melee though. But then again it was prolly supposed to be.
    thanks for the info ... i appreciate a mature response.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoz View Post
    cause typing "hey guys, who's the healer?" is hard. Stuff like what you are suggesting is nice in theory but takes away from communication. Communication builds teams and teams work better than individuals. I actually enjoy typing in party again for the first time in 3 years. It is nice to get to know my group and have them be on the same server, making the game feel like an actual community rather than a bunch of random people I bump into.
    you are not a team for instantaneous rift raids, or for the in the future LFG feature. Additionally, this designation doesnt stop a team for communicating at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighty View Post

EDIT: They do have these in place already,
    • tank
    • melee dps
    • ranged dps
    • healer
    • support
    Ive been looking for something like this. I kinda pieced it together from running BGs, but wasnt sure.
    Avilee <Ravens Fury> Cleric

+ Reply to Thread