+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LFG Tool?

Soulwalker

Default LFG Tool?

I'm very, very late to the Rift party compared to many here, so forgive my ignorance; I was just wondering if there had been anything said regarding a future implementation of a LFG tool to make partying up for dungeons easier? Or maybe there is one and I've completely missed it?

Don't get me wrong I'm very, VERY glad this game isn't That Other MMO, but IMO it is a very solid feature to have for us dungeon runners, so I'd love to see something along these lines.

Thanks!

Shadowlander

the devs have said they are working on one but that it wont be in for release. I think it well make it easier to do dungeons and make it mroe exciting :P more pugs to heal for me!!!!

Soulwalker

The lfg tool should be server only an you still have to run to the dungeon yourself, otherwise if they bring in the same LFG WoW has 99% of all LFG tool pugs will just be rude taking gear off the correct role etc etc.

tbh i would be quite happy without having it at all but thats my opion

Soulwalker

Not picking a debate at all, just wondering how doing it the old-fashioned chat-spam way avoids that problem?

I really miss a LFG tool (I'd prefer cross-server, since I often play in the off hours when not many people are on). In beta, I didn't do a single dungeon because I usually gave up after an hour of trying to get a group. I have yet to do one in the live version, for much the same reason.

Shadowlander

We NEED a dungeon LFG tool. I miss it too much to be without it.

Cross server too. The battlegrounds are cross-server why not make the LFG tool the same...

I find the /lfg channel totally empty. I wonder if people realise there is a /lfg channel.

/lfg is /1 on my shard

to weigh in im pro cross server lfg function

I wouldn't mind the tool being look in your own server first, then after 10mins reach outward towards cross server find.

Shadowlander

honestly if they make a lfg tool, it shouldnt have the option to tele to the instance, While it is convenient, it kinda of gives a loss of feel for certain dungeons as to running into the actually instance and having to meet up there gives a much more adventurish feel.

Soulwalker

Default Every time you use LFG tool God kills a kitten.

Let's put it this way. If your only concern is to quickly get gear then LFG tool is for you. If you want to spend months or years in a friendly environment with nice community, where RESPONSIBILITY is not an empty word, then you should never ever wish for LFG tool.

If the game population will ever decrease below some reasonable amount then yes, LFG will make a sense. But if it brings anonymity, like in certain unnamed game, things will go downhill pretty fast. Like it went in that certain unnamed game.

Shadowlander

If they implant a LFG tool let it dont be X server please!

Soulwalker

Default Lfg

In theory I am game for a LFG tool. There is an LFG channel; please make use of it. One of my guildmates ran to RoF so we could run it. (We are defiant) We would like to say good job on the invisible walls in the water by the way, first time we have ever been stopped by them. My main concerns with an LFG tool are loot, player capability, and level. On the issue of loot, runbreakers would need items specifically to break them, and or just becuase they can. In a PUG you may be getting a subpar player and not realize it. In a tank/healer this can be very dangerous thing. DPS can be carried much easier. If you get a tank and or healer at the minimum level for the instance they might not hit the mobs, and or have the mana pool required to heal it. Some possible fixes that I propose: On the issue of loot make items a little more specific to the classes. In the cases of a cleric mail with spell power/wis/int should only be lootable to them. The same goes for, plate, leather, and cloth. While I understand this may be unfair to some, it will lead to less abuse which is better for everyone in the end. When it comes to player capability have a ( while I hate the idea of borrwing a tool from wow its a necessay evil in this case) requirement for the achievment already and an item level requirement. As for the lower end of the level spectrum for entering its an easy fix. Just up the level required to use the LFG tool. As for concers mentioned by other people. A discovery requirement would be completly understandable. How unfair would it be to just que up for an unstance and run it haveing never entered the zone and level. You would know nothing of the area and why the instance is there. Same server versus cross-server. While it is not as convient as a push button sit back and wait tool there is a LFG channel provided for our use. If people are not using it that is on them; I can not force them to nor will I waste the effort trying. If they were to implement a LFG dungeon tool it would be better if it was cross-server to reduce lazyness.

If anyone has anything to add and or wishes to flame me by all means you are welcome to.
    Thank your for your time have a nice day.
    Last edited by TBoeske; 02-27-2011 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Left out some things.

Soulwalker

I always used dungeons to get away from the questing in wow so I loved the lfg feature. I wasn't always in it for the gear, just the enjoyment of a break! I have not done any dungeons in rift so idk what those are like, but i'd be all for a lfg tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryss View Post
    Let's put it this way. If your only concern is to quickly get gear then LFG tool is for you.
    No, it's not about gear. It's about wanting to be able to enjoy the game's content without having an hour or more of "doing nothing". Have you tried making a group at 4am on a week day? It's frustrating and "not fun", even on my server that currently has a 2h queue.

If the game population will ever decrease below some reasonable amount then yes, LFG will make a sense. But if it brings anonymity, like in certain unnamed game, things will go downhill pretty fast. Like it went in that certain unnamed game.
    That game didn't go downhill because of the LFG tool. The community was the same before the LFG tool, Flying mounts and such contributed much more to the death of world activity as well as the lack of incentives to go "out in the world". If that game didn't have a LFG tool, I would have canceled my subscription a year sooner than I eventually did. It allowed me to actually do low level instances with my alts, which was impossible before, unless you spent several hours building a group.

A LFG tool doesn't mean you can't do your groups manually, by the way. You can. It would simply offer the choice, and I think that's much better than forcing one's preferred style on other players.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast