+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Care and Imprisonment of Changelings - Ridiculous & Uncompletable?

Default The Care and Imprisonment of Changelings - Ridiculous & Uncompletable?

So I picked up this Story quest yesterday. Here's the requirements:
    - Gnarladon Bough Ash from Gnarladon (Zone invasion)
    - Fiery Tar of Maelforge from Cinderon (Zone invasion)
    - Messenger of the Vigil tear (unknown source)

Now I'm all for hard quests, but this is silly and borderline uncompletable. Here's my problems with this quest:

- You get it at level 20. At level 20 though, you're leaving to Gloamwood and won't know when the right invasions are happening, so the quest comes way too late.
    - An invasion happens every 2 hours or so. Which one appears to be random. That would mean that if I want to be certain I get the items, I need to be in Silverwood for 8 hours straight.
    - Once you finally get it, the item doesn't actually drop. This is the beauty of raidbosses. The group of players there is so big, it doesnt fit into one raid. There's usually 3+ raids completely filled. That gives me a 33% chance for my raidgroup to tag the boss and get the drop. Cinderon was grey for me. I couldn't loot and I didn't get the item in the invasion loot window either. Doing the math, 8 hours in step 2 * 33% chance of getting the boss tagged = 24 hours of idling in Silverwood to get this quest done.

Am I missing something here or is this quest the most ridiculous one ever?

Champion

This is a "Cult Saga" quest right?

My name is Larrie. I do not like certain people.
    Co-Leader of <Insert Coin>

Quote Originally Posted by Larrie View Post
    This is a "Cult Saga" quest right?
    Yeah, it is.

Plane Touched

Yup, the system is a bit retarted at the moment.

You basically have to camp Silverwood for hours until you get the right invasions, and then you have to hope that it's your raid that tags the boss.
    By the way, it's the same thing with the auto-quest for invasions event. The boss kill isn't counted if you're not in the raid that tagged it, which is a pity.

Besides that, any idea where do you get the tear from the Messenger of the Vigil?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanaXVIII View Post

Besides that, any idea where do you get the tear from the Messenger of the Vigil?
    Yes. I googled around and looked for an answer to this question too and eventually a friendly player on my shard came up with something. There's an NPC named Messenger of the Vigil right at the start where you come through after entering Silverwood when you leave the startingzone (Approximate location coordinates 6072, 3962). Simply talk to it and ask for a tear. Credit goes to Asajj from the Bloodiron-EU shard for figuring this out Now all I gotta do is get the right invasions :/ although now I've got a reason to at least. can't leave a quest half-completed ;p
    Last edited by Irydia; 02-26-2011 at 02:50 PM. Reason: added coordinates.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanaXVIII View Post
    By the way, it's the same thing with the auto-quest for invasions event. The boss kill isn't counted if you're not in the raid that tagged it, which is a pity.
    I don't think is the case as I got the achievement for killing Gnarladon and Cinderon even though I don't think my raid tagged them (I know we got to Gnarladon first as it was just me and my partner fighting him alone for 10 minutes).

If they can give you credit for the achievement why can't you get the item needed in the planar loot bag? I've killed these bosses at least twice each now and am a little angry....

Quote Originally Posted by Irydia View Post
    Yes. I googled around and looked for an answer to this question too and eventually a friendly player on my shard came up with something. There's an NPC named Messenger of the Vigil right at the start where you come through after entering Silverwood when you leave the startingzone (Approximate location coordinates 6072, 3962). Simply talk to it and ask for a tear. Credit goes to Asajj from the Bloodiron-EU shard for figuring this out
    Me and my partner figured this out while discussing it in bed. We lost sleep over it but congrats Trion for testing our memory skills!
    Last edited by hezaboro; 02-26-2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: more stuffs

High Elf Cleric - Threesprings

Soulwalker

This is a really annoying feature. Completing this quest basically comes down to pure luck which is not ok. Why not tie the quest completion to getting the achievement for defeating the boss. That way anyone who helps with the boss and has the quest gets the item. I didn't know that it was 1 raid group only today and sent in a GM ticket 4 hours later I still haven't gotten a response and then the servers go down... I really hop this gets fixed.

Soulwalker

Ok this is ********.. i was the first person to attack cinderon and someone else gets to loot it and i don't get anythign!!!! fix this now

Clearly the raidboss should drop a chest or a giant shiny object or something for everyone to loot.

Best solution IMO.

Im on board, this quest is ******ed. all that work for 4500 xp /wank.

I've fought both the mobs i needed but because my raid group didnt get the tag, guess whose F*cked.

They really jsut need to tie it to the acheivement.

Soulwalker

Default update

hey a GM just updated the quest for me and i was able to complete it. Thank god for good customer service

Finally got a response from these lovely GMs and they flagged the quest finished for our raid. Took about 10 hours but the issue was resolved very cleanly for all of us. Very impressed. The story is getting very, very interesting....

Rift Chaser

bumping this **** is still broken. just dropped Cinderon, no item.

Funny story....

The next part of the quest is broken too!

Have fun! *bangs head against wall until sleep happens*

Telaran

if i skip this quest line will i be sad face later on? it sounds more hassle than its worth, but if the quest line travels awhile through the different zones and such i might wanna finish it. im 21 now, im not sure i want to sit in silverwood all day hoping i can get these bosses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast