+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RotF

Telaran

Default RotF

Just ran it.

At first, I was a little let down. Once I got to the snow part and the final boss, my mind was changed. I really like the blizzard effects and hope you guys use it in the future.

Soulwalker

I liked it too, but i think there is too much that blizzard at last boss. First time as ranger i couldn't even see the boss

I could not see anything when the blizzard came although the dungeon was very fun

Soulwalker

My first initial response to it was that it was colorful and it had good/decent scenery. But then after the same thing for a good amount of time it just got boring, but then I came across the snow and was like this seems fun. Woke me up a bit because of the snow effects and how hard it was to see where you were going. I personally liked the snow area better than the green, hopefully they interpret these effects into more of the dungeons!

Champion

this is a lvl ~16 dungeon, i repeat a level 16ish dungeon. it looks great but really how complex do you want it to be.

iron tombs is a bit more fun, teres more mechanics to it although not as colorfull.

Plane Touched

if you turn off bloom its much easier to see.
    I really enjoy the fact this topic has NOTHING to do about Rift, and it turned into a Rift fest.

I'm just gonna report my own thread and be done with it.

Shadowlander

Just gone done with my first run 2 minutes before server went down I agree the blizzard effects at the end were nice but overall I found it pretty boring. I never played beta so I don't know what else awaits me but I hope to god there are real dungeons later in this game.

I might be an EQ/EQ2 snob because no MMO has ever come close to creating dungeons like those games have. Please tell me there is something resembling Sebilis and Chardok in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshuni View Post
    Just ran it.

At first, I was a little let down. Once I got to the snow part and the final boss, my mind was changed. I really like the blizzard effects and hope you guys use it in the future.
    Wait till you get to Iron Pine Peak zone.... it is snowing ALL OVER! Last night I took a group of 3 level 19s and we went exploring, and found the porticulum there.

Realm of the Fae is my favorite instance by far. Atrophinius is the greatest! Only downer for me is that I have to run all the way to Silverwood to do it (I am Defiant).

Champion

Was a fun dungeon, ran it last night, only thing that wasn't fun was running to this place from the Defiant side at level 16.

Soulwalker

I just ran this today as well and it's a pretty cool little starter dungeon. I'm glad the tank could see in that blizzard cause I was just following him.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Marshuni View Post
    Just ran it.

Loved the Blizzard as well! Should have given us a debuff, say -10% to hit. Great effect!

Quote Originally Posted by Tumnayar View Post
    Was a fun dungeon, ran it last night, only thing that wasn't fun was running to this place from the Defiant side at level 16.
    If your group is already in the instance you should be able to teleport right in. That's how I got in today anyway.

Soulwalker

Same with me, I thought it was a bit dull at first, but as soon as I got to the snow area it was awesome. I love snowy environments.

Soulwalker

Quite a lot of Blizzard love in this thread

Telaran

When I played Guardian I really enjoyed RotF because of the visual effects. Though I love the lore of Iron Tomb.
    ASUS G73SW - OS: WIN7 64-BIT - RAM: 8.00GB - GFX: NVIDIA GTX 460M - CPU: INTEL I7-2630QM 2.00-3.50GHz
    Server: Faemist - Cleric: ZeitFist. Rogue: Zeitgeist. Mage: Ceadeus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast