+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: how hardcore will rift endgame be?

Soulwalker

Default how hardcore will rift endgame be?

Hi im a casual player whi loves raiding but due to studies and other irl things i have a very hard time to raid on a schedule like alot of guilds do. This meant when i played wow (for the past 5 years) i rarely raided and misssed alot of cool content, blizzard did i good job in wotlk to let casual experince the end game content by letting them get decent gear in dungeons so they later could pug their raids, I had a loads of fun doing this and it was a blessing that i could do it on my own time.

So do anyone know how rift raiding will be like, will it a have a more casual apporach like in wotlk, or will it be more like "vanilla wow"

Vanilla WoW I'd say ;)

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

Soulwalker

Default about your dungeon raids

Seeing you are busy alot like me I too have alot to do but in all the dungeon's take the better part of an hr. IF you have a crew that know's how to pull right cause if you don't you will end up dieing ALOT lol My first Dungeon was lastnight around 11:00pm with my new guild and the Tank thought he knew EVERYTHING and he was a lv 16 turns out you can't tank at that lv for Iron Tomb you will get spanked badly by the boss if your fighting just mobs then you are ok but the bosses in this Hit you like a Mak truck no joke.

WoTLK in terms of who can enter what dungeons, and plenty of fairly decent welfares ''epics''.
    However with few addons and other tools to help you, it might be harder to approach and more chaotic.
    Yet this is just my assumption.

Telaran

I've heard that nobody cleared Greenscale's Blight during alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuncius View Post
    apparently there was no hard core raiders yet .

anyway... I dont think there will be a really hard core raiding here simply you can just take a look into ui.... its totally not prepered to serious raiding. no proper raid debuffs icons.... no info about raid buffing, no movable mobs cast bar... no hp bars ALL mobs around ( only targeted one) no addons, threat metter, dps... all stuf which could help raid leaders to see whats going on around.... etc.... so for now this game gonna be rather for fun... good to spend some time , resting from hardcore playing.
    if trion will not change that.. with this game will happend exactly the same what with other last mmos...and it will be shame cause for now its looks pretty nice and have some potential.

about dungeons.. I have seen for now only IT and it looks really easy... just runing through it and killing all with aoe... groups of mobs are located in the way that if you using your eyes properly you just cant pull 2 groups together. 4 men enough. no cc needed and even no properly builded tank. I hope later will be more diffcult.
    Last edited by Night Sky; 02-26-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by fruiteater View Post
    Hi im a casual player whi loves raiding but due to studies and other irl things i have a very hard time to raid on a schedule like alot of guilds do. This meant when i played wow (for the past 5 years) i rarely raided and misssed alot of cool content, blizzard did i good job in wotlk to let casual experince the end game content by letting them get decent gear in dungeons so they later could pug their raids, I had a loads of fun doing this and it was a blessing that i could do it on my own time.

So do anyone know how rift raiding will be like, will it a have a more casual apporach like in wotlk, or will it be more like "vanilla wow"
    Lk content could be pugged when the content got easier for everyone. Its hard to just pug new content. If you could pug it, then it would be way to boring for the gamers that can put the time in. The only way for the content to be easier and casual is to either make the fights stupid easy, have people over geared by other easy pve means, or people That stand in fire gets a Zap in their hand from their mouse so they learn raid awareness quicker and don't cause whipes. This would make gaming less of a challenge and possibly have people quit. I say wait till the content has been out for a while or join a large guild that doesn't care if you miss and can replace You for That week.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuncius View Post
    This isn't true;)

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Night Sky View Post
    about dungeons.. I have seen for now only IT and it looks really easy... just runing through it and killing all with aoe... groups of mobs are located in the way that if you using your eyes properly you just cant pull 2 groups together. 4 men enough. no cc needed and even no properly builded tank. I hope later will be more diffcult.
    They get much harder mate. Don't worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elux View Post
    This isn't true;)
    is the ;) an "I was in Alpha" ';)'? Cause, you can inbox me details... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Uiin View Post
    is the ;) an "I was in Alpha" ';)'? Cause, you can inbox me details... ;)
    Haha, that would be breaking NDA now wouldn't it :]

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

Soulwalker

anyway... I dont think there will be a really hard core raiding here simply you can just take a look into ui.... its totally not prepered to serious raiding. no proper raid debuffs icons.... no info about raid buffing, no movable mobs cast bar... no hp bars ALL mobs around ( only targeted one) no addons, threat metter, dps... all stuf which could help raid leaders to see whats going on around.... etc.... so for now this game gonna be rather for fun... good to spend some time , resting from hardcore playing.
    if trion will not change that.. with this game will happend exactly the same what with other last mmos...and it will be shame cause for now its looks pretty nice and have some potential.

no addons/threat meters welcome to non WoW raiding

Of course, hard core raids from EQ 1 lacked almost all of that originally. Your mileage will vary.

Hell, I raid in wow with just Bartender... :X

Seriously, by the looks of it the raiding style will be fairly hardcore, and judging by the normal dungeons, they fights should be fun/long

Shadowlander

I guess your not hardcore then, tbh I only raided with recount to see how much dps ppl did and rest I just though **** it. If you cant play without addons something is wrong I have fixed my ui here so I could raid with it no problem. you know that you can fix your ui bit yourself?

And I really hated what blizzard did with Wotlk tbh I liked vanilla like when naxx came casual guils are still doing first bosses in bwl like it should be a big gap from hardcore ppl and casual like when wotlk came it was then I got casual myself was just in a 10man guild at that time but we manage to kill LK on heroic? that for me shouldnt be really possible but we got kinda boosted by all the items you could buy from vendors. And that was the worst thing ever they implanted, like if you are casual player I hope raid rifts are for that go fix some materials and open a Rift raid that. And I hope they wont have gear vendors like they had in wow that would destroy the game atleast for me I cant speak for everyone.

I hope they gonna have the big gap from hardcore and casual players when you see a person from a hardcore guild it should be a wow effect from it. Not like ''I got the same gear as that dude hes nothing special''

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast