+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How are raids set up

Soulwalker

Default How are raids set up

I briefly played in the Rift beta and it looked like an interesting game, I just finished watching a video, that i think i found on wowinsider, made by one of the GMs talking about the way raids are going to work and it brought up a few questions.

First off with the 10 man raids:
    The video said that the 10 man raids are "rifts" or whatever that you find out in the game world and you sort of claim for your group, is there like a schedule for the rifts to pop up that people know ahead of time, ie me and my 9 guild mates want to raid every Tuesday at 8 pm are we going to be able to find one of the 10 man raids?
    Also can anyone just walking by questing just join?
    Lastly are there going to be the same encounters in all of the rift raids, ie this is the Rift of Life and it is going to always have boss X and Z with the same mechanics?

For the 20 man raids:
    Are these going to function more like raids in WoW are?

Thanks for all of your answers before hand.

Rift Disciple

10 man raids : They are on demand. You must collect resources to make the item necessary to open the rift.

I am pretty sure anyone can join, which poses problems

I believe the same components will give you the same raid, like any raid

20 man raids : Yes, They are traditional (and somewhat dynamic, from what we've seen) such as in WoW

Soulwalker

so in the 10 man raids you could have 20+ people from the same guild helping the 10 players kill the content for loot...not for sure how I feel about that.

Soulwalker

The way I view it is the 20 mans are the real "raids", while the 10 mans are "reserved rifts". They function just like any other rift, but have much tougher bosses that have some actual mechanics involved. The fact they are open world however means they can probably just be zerged. Just to note, all epics they drop are reserved only to the group that opened the rift with their crafted lure. I would guess the gear from those is not going to be up to par with the 20 man raid gear, but I do not know the details.

Shadowlander

On rift raids I see that you are writing about like they just gonna be zerged and no.

The more people that are on a Rift raid the harder it gets what I heard atleast

+ Reply to Thread