+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Please look after your friendly healer in rifts/invasions

General of Telara

Default Please look after your friendly healer in rifts/invasions

I enjoy healing and have 3 specs just for that: one for PvP, one for 5 mans where i tank heal, and one for raids(rifts/invasions) where i focus on group heals and HoTs. What I dont enjoy is running back to my corpse every 5 seconds because i get destroyed from healing agro. I hardly ever see anyone peel off healers/casters. Well let them beat on the casters cause most are pretty solid and I can keep them up but having 10 on me = bad. I dont ***** and moan in raid chat but it does get tired after about the 3rd death and when i get soul sickness from 1 single invasion I just dont bother anymore and go elsewhere. Remember the guy or girl standing in the back waving their arms frantically in the air means you live longer. When they are dead you will be next. So if you see him/her getting beat on please peel. When the raids are full its usually not an issue because the other healers can keep each other up but with less than 10 please watch out for us cause there might only be 1 healer.
    Last edited by thomasmgp; 02-25-2011 at 04:53 PM.

I second and sign this. No one takes care of me in Rifts or Warfronts. At least I play with a friend so he does his best to keep people off me when he's on.

My role is based mostly off Warden (HoT) and I have 2 group heals. I do my best in keeping people alive during rifts and invasions. They don't return the favor. Sad cleric is sad.

As a tank during Rifts I try to keep mobs off of anyone but me. From the tanking perspective though it can be kind of chaotic to know who is healing and who is casting. This kind of game awareness will take time for most people to figure out and until then i'd say just watch your back during Rifts, dungeons, etc. =)

^Exactly.

As a tank, it gets very chaotic during some rifts and certainly invasions. It's tough to monitor or even see what the mobs are attacking.

I should get an assist macro...

General of Telara

With the 834593495347957 ranger pets on screen at any given time can one of you please send pet on the stuff beating on me.

Thanks, your healer

It is quite hard to heal in Dungeons, Rifts and Warfronts when you have to heal the tank, the dps's and yourself even harder when they don't defend you

Rift Disciple

And this is why I'm enjoying playing a Chloromancer in the open world, more than a cleric. I can do enough damage to a mob to kill it, whilst also healing myself and everybody around me, before it kills me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinyang View Post
    Grind? What grind? I didnt grind at all while leveling, I was having fun and leveling happened as an added bonus.

Just this morning, as a bard, I was cadence and aura healing a raid group of 20 on one of the boss mobs. As the fight went on, several invasions ran through and would aggro onto people. Naturally I eventually got all the healing aggro and as there were a couple of other bards in the group, it was sufficient healing... for awhile.

I would watch my health go down to half then immediately pop back up to full... half... full.. quarter... full... quarter... full... sliver... full... dead. And that whole process happened over the span of probably 2 minutes. After I died the various mobs that NOBODY was killing ran around killing the rest of the healers and the raid eventually wiped.

Soulwalker

Problem is that most people with that level of situational awareness are bored into playing healers

One thing I would suggest is informing the tanks that you are there healing them. If you look for someone that appears tanky and send them a tell, or simply announce that you are healing and will need things peeled off you, it's likely they'll respond and do what they can to help keep you safe throughout the event.

When I am playing a tank-ish character thus far, especially my warrior, I tend to avoid picking up agro on more than one thing intentionally - this is because I rarely know if I am going to be healed when I run into a rift. More often than not, if I grab agro on several mobs, I die because no one is healing. So a lot of tanks may very well actively avoid using their agro abilities often during a rift because they've learned that they're probably not going to be healed.

However, if someone was to tell me they're a healer and to please keep the mobs off them, I'd generally try to keep things off of that person as best I can, since I can hopefully count on some heals to keep me alive in return.

Champion

the rift system is great that it allows people to auto group and do their roles, but alot of these people are just out here to solo and are honestly bad.

in beta when i was playing my riftstalker tank i would wrangle up all the mobs and do a real standup job tanking them grabbing them off everyone, and slowly slowly my Hp would go down and no green would ever appear on my screen, eventually id just die with everyone there just watching me.

the moral of the story is that most ppl dont really know what they are doing and have zero situational awareness. if i were you, id look for a guy like me thats tanking or if your a tank look for a healer, and group up with them.

Soulwalker

With a lack of overhead healthplates (friendly and enemy) it isn't possible to tell who needs healing or what has the least health unless you are targeting them of they are in your group.

Rifts are chaotic and if there is a healer there they might not have any idea you need healing because they are not grouped with you.

Zos
    Telaran

(rift)
    /raid "dedicated healer looking for meatshield to stand behind, first come, first served"

I also see a lot of "Offline" people that never get kicked.. makes it hard for the healers as after the raid is full it starts a new one so the effective raid size is pretty small.

Usually what I do is target enemy's and use target of target for my healing. So if your not in my group or holding agro you probably wont get healed. (most of the time it's a pet tanking because people are afraid to pull and hold agro.)

If they are wearing chain armor and waiving their hands and no bolts are going to a monster, they are probably healing.. (not sure what the bards and mage-healing animations look like).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast