+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Iron Tombs = Broken instancing

Soulwalker

Default Iron Tombs = Broken instancing

Reported this in-game but thought I'd mention it here as well.

Today I had a group of five doing Iron Tombs. Beiing noob tanks and healers, our tank died. When he returned, the popup labeled "your group has entered Iron Tombs. Would you like to enter? accept/decline" appeared, and he was unable to enter the instance with us. Hitting Decline leaves the rest of us in. Choosing accept takes us to a brand new instance with respawned mobs. When this happened again, we tried leaving one party member inside and the rest leaving with our absent tank, but again it tried to create a brand new instance with fresh mobs. On our third fresh instance we made it almost all the way through but had to give up when our tank died after the second death shard. I'm told this is very different behavior from the beta, so hopefully this is a bug and is not intended behavior (i.e., everybody has to make it through alive from the beginning or you start over).
    Last edited by Zhai; 02-25-2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: clarified "had to give up after our tank died"

We did iron tomb 3x yesterday and didnt have anyprobs except our mobs turned invisible kinda funny but not game crashing like you had.

Shield of Telara

Report those sorts of things when they happen. They do occur intermittently just because its broken for some doesnt mean all others will have same issue. Its important to report these things at this stage so we are rolling smoothly as we progress.

Zor

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZilla View Post
    Report those sorts of things when they happen. They do occur intermittently just because its broken for some doesnt mean all others will have same issue. Its important to report these things at this stage so we are rolling smoothly as we progress.
    Definitely agree. We read all feedback both on the forums and through the in-game tool.

As for this particular issue, it's definitely a bug worth our time investigating.
    -Berenger Fish-
    Dungeons & Raids Lead

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zhai View Post
    Reported this in-game but thought I'd mention it here as well.

Today I had a group of five doing Iron Tombs. Beiing noob tanks and healers, our tank died. When he returned, the popup labeled "your group has entered Iron Tombs. Would you like to enter? accept/decline" appeared, and he was unable to enter the instance with us. Hitting Decline leaves the rest of us in. Choosing accept takes us to a brand new instance with respawned mobs. When this happened again, we tried leaving one party member inside and the rest leaving with our absent tank, but again it tried to create a brand new instance with fresh mobs. On our third fresh instance we made it almost all the way through but had to give up after the second death shard. I'm told this is very different behavior from the beta, so hopefully this is a bug and is not intended behavior (i.e., everybody has to make it through alive from the beginning or you start over).

This is Simple ... Everyone goes into the instance together once inside together the problem is avoided.. If a death occurs inside the respawn is inside and there is no need for rezoning and or re instancing. Atleast thats how it worked in BETA. Sounds like 1 of 2 things happened.. the group started with not everyone going in when it qued .. or when he spawned he ran back out then tryed to somehow come back in .. which in this case means that either someone left the group cause they got mad due to bad healing or bad tanking... or no knowledge of the dugeon run itself.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Prizefighter View Post
    This is Simple ... Everyone goes into the instance together once inside together the problem is avoided.. If a death occurs inside the respawn is inside and there is no need for rezoning and or re instancing. Atleast thats how it worked in BETA. Sounds like 1 of 2 things happened.. the group started with not everyone going in when it qued .. or when he spawned he ran back out then tryed to somehow come back in .. which in this case means that either someone left the group cause they got mad due to bad healing or bad tanking... or no knowledge of the dugeon run itself.
    Incorrect. We all went inside together, and when the tank bought it, he respawned outside, not inside.

Soulwalker

Had the same problem in RoF when I joined for the last beta but only happened 1 time and from there on till LH I had no such problems dunno if u guys fixed it back then ...

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

This usually happens when the leader is changed during the instance. Did someone else form the group and then make the tank leader once you were inside so he could mark?

The instance is created based on the leader, so if the leader changes, it may try to create a new instance for someone who zones in after that point.

Soulwalker

Default Different problem

Just got out of a game where we went IT. When I tried to join my buddies inside the instance I was met with a 0% pause meter. After about 20 seconds I spawned in the instance but began falling through the floor. I kept falling until it through me back into the loading screen and repeated over and over. Same thing happened to my other buddies. I fixed it by clicking the "I'm stuck!" button, and respawning in kings retreat. Pretty annoying bug (although one of the very few Ive ever seen)

Soulwalker

Did the healer try rezzing the tank in the instance?

Quote Originally Posted by Firelance View Post
    Okay, supposedly there's a switch. But there isn't anything clickable for me. I think I glitched the quest.
    http://tinypic.com/r/16k5fh4/7
    I think I broke it too.

I hope you reported it.

I ran IT three times yesterday with no issues at all. I plan on running it again tonight for our newer guild members, so we shall see.

Wuu
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Belenos View Post
    I hope you reported it.

I ran IT three times yesterday with no issues at all. I plan on running it again tonight for our newer guild members, so we shall see.
    Did you wipe at all? And when you did wipe, did you respawn or soulwalk or get revived from someone who soulwalked?

I guarantee if you respawned, you'll have this problem

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Prizefighter View Post
    If a death occurs inside the respawn is inside and there is no need for rezoning and or re instancing. Atleast thats how it worked in BETA.
    That is entirely incorrect. The respawn location is outside the dungeon on the hill next to the spirit rezzer. Why would you want to give such blatant false information?

Different, but IT, so figured I'd post it here.

Our group tried IT the other night. We wiped on the final boss, as we didn't realize we had to run to Eliam (whoops!). We get back and are just about to engage when we got booted back to the beginning of the instance with the message "The map has been restarted due to a server error." Frustrating, to say the least! Restarted meant every mob was back as if we had never been inside at all.

Ragnoth did die 2 nights later (first time we could all get back in together), however, so we at least were able to avenge our earlier desmise. ;)
    Last edited by Mordhianna; 03-03-2011 at 03:10 PM.
    ~ Agrona ~
    Lvl 50 33 Champ/25 Beast/8 Para

<Forsaken Souls>

+ Reply to Thread