+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Difficulty

Soulwalker

Default Dungeon Difficulty

How hard are the dungeons you've seen so far?
    How long do they take? How many Bosses?

Whats the highest level dungeon you've seen someone in so far?

Soulwalker

Default would like feedback as well

I'd like for someone who has experienced the content to weigh in as well. Nothing more frustrating then grossly underestimating the time needed to clear a dungeon and having to drop group mid run due to another engagement.

and yes, fully aware comp will play a big role in how long it could take but a ballpark figure for a level appropriate group doesn't hurt.

Default RoF pretty easy

As a Justicar tank I had my hands full, but over all the difficulty of RoF wasn't too high. Enough to teach people the basics of running with a balanced group, how and what needs to be tanked and such. One boss fight in partucaular has minions that make it damn near unkillable untill you kill them first.

Its only the first guardian instance, but middle of the range in difficultly if your new

Default ...

forgot to mention, it took about 40 minutes and we even had one death/walk back to entrance

Shadowlander

Honestly depends on your party as well - and I hate to state the obvious but its true. I've done runs in 30-40 mins but up to 2 hours just due to the party. Who was new/confident/paying attention etc.

All the easymode dungeons are rather easy. You know, they are called EASY not by chance. The expert dungeons are challenging.

Soulwalker

So long and tanks are holding aggro, and people are using 'target of target', they're fairly straight forward. I've done them with rogues tanking while mages/bards heal, and with traditional warrior/cleric combo as well. I only say that to let you know there is more than 1 way to go through. Group make-up (in terms of what callings you have) doesn't matter as much as making sure you have all the right components working together.

-my 2 cents

Telaran

Last boss of Deepstrike Mines is hard as nuts and I hate him forever.

Soulwalker

Went into Iron Tombs as a 24 Purifier/Warden heals with a level 24 Pally/Reaver tank and only 2 dps who were level 20 and 17. Pretty easy, took about 1/2 hour. A few mobs hit hard but nothing I couldn't handle. No deaths, and hardly any group damage either. Awesome tank with great threat!

Telaran

I've been in RotF once in beta, and once in live. It really depends on the group. My first run took about an hour, but there were no wipes - DPS was just low. The second time we finished in about 30 minutes with a high DPS group.
    Sean : Guardian @ Reclaimer - DvR is recruiting.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Addramalek View Post
    Went into Iron Tombs as a 24 Purifier/Warden heals with a level 24 Pally/Reaver tank and only 2 dps who were level 20 and 17. Pretty easy, took about 1/2 hour. A few mobs hit hard but nothing I couldn't handle. No deaths, and hardly any group damage either. Awesome tank with great threat!
    You were way too high to be running IT. I just tanked IT as a level 17 rogue (didn't even have Guardian Phase yet) with the highest member of the group being a 19 mage. The loot has level 19+ requirements so I'd say that 18-20 is a good target level. It took us about an hour or so.

At 24 you should be running DSM and then moving up to KB at around 27 or 28.

Rift Disciple

Done Iron Tomb and Deep Strike Mines(Defiant) the first and second instances, and I can honestly say if you have a decent group(people who pay attention, etc) and as long as you have normally geared average leveled people for the instance at hand, the instances should be easy for you and very fun. Obviously there is a few little twists and if you make a mistake you might wipe, but for the most part it's just good fun. I haven't wiped once doing either instance and have probably run them each 7+ times. Me being a new healer and my tank friend being new to tanking should say something too.

One thing that you might want to take notice of though, it's almost impossible to level proerly in a zone to the correct level. Ie, should be 20 before you leave the beginning area, it's practically impossible to get that high without doing dungeons or grinding. So I suggest doing the dungeons at 17-18 and grinding them until you move on. Same with the second zone, which is supposed to be 20-27, usually you max out at 25 quest wise, then just go run the instances. Running them at such a high level will obviously make them easier too, so it works out both ways.

Good luck!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nickoli View Post
    Done Iron Tomb and Deep Strike Mines(Defiant) the first and second instances, and I can honestly say if you have a decent group(people who pay attention, etc) and as long as you have normally geared average leveled people for the instance at hand, the instances should be easy for you and very fun. Obviously there is a few little twists and if you make a mistake you might wipe, but for the most part it's just good fun. I haven't wiped once doing either instance and have probably run them each 7+ times. Me being a new healer and my tank friend being new to tanking should say something too.

One thing that you might want to take notice of though, it's almost impossible to level proerly in a zone to the correct level. Ie, should be 20 before you leave the beginning area, it's practically impossible to get that high without doing dungeons or grinding. So I suggest doing the dungeons at 17-18 and grinding them until you move on. Same with the second zone, which is supposed to be 20-27, usually you max out at 25 quest wise, then just go run the instances. Running them at such a high level will obviously make them easier too, so it works out both ways.

Good luck!
    You're probably missing some quest hubs if you think you need to instance or grind for levels. There are a couple hubs that are easy to miss in Freemarch in the south and east of the zones. I missed them in the beta but stumbled into them in live. Similarly in Stonefield, there's a quest hub in the far west of the zone that is pretty cool and involves killing a Titan. I missed that one on my first run-through as well.

That said, instances are great experience. Running each at least once for the quests/loot/experience is definitely a good idea, and it also teaches group skills. Plus, they're fun.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    You're probably missing some quest hubs if you think you need to instance or grind for levels. There are a couple hubs that are easy to miss in Freemarch in the south and east of the zones. I missed them in the beta but stumbled into them in live. Similarly in Stonefield, there's a quest hub in the far west of the zone that is pretty cool and involves killing a Titan. I missed that one on my first run-through as well.

That said, instances are great experience. Running each at least once for the quests/loot/experience is definitely a good idea, and it also teaches group skills. Plus, they're fun.
    I wish I was, but I have been in since Beta like 4, I have done every quest in the zones, and it always ends up this way for me. Maybe I'm just bad

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    You were way too high to be running IT. I just tanked IT as a level 17 rogue (didn't even have Guardian Phase yet) with the highest member of the group being a 19 mage. The loot has level 19+ requirements so I'd say that 18-20 is a good target level. It took us about an hour or so.

At 24 you should be running DSM and then moving up to KB at around 27 or 28.
    KB ihas level 35 mobs...

You can start running a dungeon when you are 2 levels below the mobs, we when the tank is at least.

My name is Larrie. I do not like certain people.
    Co-Leader of <Insert Coin>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast