+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Xly

Thread: <IROTP> Raid, Server shut down on the last boss!+ authentication issues

Soulwalker

Wink Hello how are you all!

Dont stop them squirrels, squirrel life matters.

Got sad about the disconnect in raid last boss in irotp, authentication is an issue , it keeps reset the code you get from mail, and after a while it requests a new code again, even if the location is checked in.

Can I get a reason why there was a servercrash by devs?

Have a nice nutty day!
    Last edited by Stop; 09-03-2019 at 06:10 AM.

Xly
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Stop View Post
    That has never happen before without warning or anything a server shutdown really? Everything have worked perfectly fine without any issue for over 5 years. Always got a warning if servers were down. What is the problem?
    Can't decide between a) What game were you playing in those 5 years or b) 2011 til 2016?

If technical issues happen, they usual don't care about what you're doing at that point in time. I've seen plenty of crashes over the last 7-8 years, some at very inopportune times (just 10 seconds away from a Volan kill for example).

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    Can't decide between a) What game were you playing in those 5 years or b) 2011 til 2016?

If technical issues happen, they usual don't care about what you're doing at that point in time. I've seen plenty of crashes over the last 7-8 years, some at very inopportune times (just 10 seconds away from a Volan kill for example).
    The raw odds a servershutdown would occur that minute is 0.09% during a week I donīt know about you , but that seems very much unlikely. even with a crash a day on a 0.0,65% rating, that would still be sick coincidence, if it not was on purpose.

Shadowlander

Default Trying to understand

So you think that the server crashed on purpose for you to miss out on the boss kill? Or did I get this wrong?

Like others pointed out, servers do crash without warning (can't plan ahead crashes) if it is a planned reset, Gamigo is trying and doing better about warning us. But they obviously can't plan a crash and a crash will affect ALL the players on the game at that moment, no matter what they are doing.

If you have the authentification errors I would suggest you reach out to technical support/bug report and make a ticket out of it, that error seems to affect you at the moment and not the entire player base.

Hope you find a solution to your problem!

+ Reply to Thread