+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Dbatzz
  • 2 Post By Bamul

Thread: Hard Modifying Raids

Default Hard Modifying Raids

So as the title suggests, how would hard modifying raids sound to you guys. Don't know what's actually going on with the current RIFT teams plan or scheduling, but the idea would be to introduce new hard-mode (with more complex non-RNG mechanics) for the current T1 and T2 raids and reward players (orange set items?) with something new than the usual purple zzz. Obviously, if this ever happens, it needs lots of PTS testing!

For example, you can use the mechanics from Egg of Destruction for Azranel where tanks have to pick up three adds to use a reactive so we no longer do reduced damage to the egg and then it casts kinetic burst and forces us to walk out.
    Last edited by Dbatzz; 05-12-2019 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Added an example
    I am a bad... not your any type of bad... I'm the baddest of the bad. I am...

Dbatzz@Laethys - Dbats@Greybriar - Qlinltiqor@Greybriar, Shadowstorm@Deepwood - Beatcha@Deepwood - Whirlypike@Deepwood

Prophet of Telara

I would be happy about any new kind of raid content or hard mod. I'm not picky and also have no problem with recycled content. For me raids and the interaction of all classes are still the most interesting aspect of Rift.

For Azranel Hardmode I would suggest that you can't cleanse the buff with the colored circles (Magnetized) so you have to play this mechanic properly.
    Last edited by Bamul; 05-12-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    For Azranel Hardmode I would suggest that you can't cleanse the buff with the colored circles (Magnetized) so you have to play this mechanic properly.
    Hah, have been ingrained to cleanse that mechanic so much, didn't realize it was actually supposed to be significant in the encounter sub-50%.

Dbatzz@Laethys - Dbats@Greybriar - Qlinltiqor@Greybriar, Shadowstorm@Deepwood - Beatcha@Deepwood - Whirlypike@Deepwood

Soulwalker

maybe we could keep having to drop fire on the commander fight even during second phase! Now thats hard mode.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Samford View Post
    maybe we could keep having to drop fire on the commander fight even during second phase! Now thats hard mode.
    Sounds like a real challenge.

Xly
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Samford View Post
    Yeah, let's make that worst-designed RNG-sh*tshow of a fight even more RNG! How about having a tank randomly explode every thirty seconds? Oh wait, it kinda does that already if you're unlucky...

Haha that's gold. How bout them ghosts though. Who loves waiting for the ghosts to finish spawning? How about for Hard Mode Titan we have ghosts spawning from every direction and we spend 6 minutes of the fight just dodging ghosts?

On a serious note though. Want to buy more raiding content. I don't even care if it's rehashed I'm just sick of farming the same three bosses.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    Haha that's gold. How bout them ghosts though. Who loves waiting for the ghosts to finish spawning? How about for Hard Mode Titan we have ghosts spawning from every direction and we spend 6 minutes of the fight just dodging ghosts?

On a serious note though. Want to buy more raiding content. I don't even care if it's rehashed I'm just sick of farming the same three bosses.
    I think a full group healer should be able to heal it easily even if you don't avoid the ghosts. The ghosts should be onehits.

Welp a hardmode done bad is stashing a couple extra stuff that hits players.

The pillars on Azranel act like Tarjulas ghosts while increasing azranels dmg done by 20% for every pillar allive as they spawn. Azranel gets the ability blademark where he hits one random person for the same amount the tank takes for 15 seconds. The huge spaceshio uses a lock on mechanic firing a laser after 4 second on the targeted player. Two form a solid oneshot barrier. Azranel casts a chain ligtning to his closest pillar which jumps over to close players sharing 600k dmg (effected by azranels bonus dmg). the missile barrage is like not rupting on titan trash forcing you to spread.

Vindicator bombs explode, damaging everyone, cleansing the player makes the bomb only not dealing damage to the player who has them. Vindicator continues spawning adds. The mines stop after a certain duration and vindicator casts to blow them up where they are. One of Isiel's casts must be interrupted by a knockback. Isiel enters her tank again and uses the 3 abilities which are used when entering tanks with similar model do the daily in VP (droping a aoe dmg sphere at a target and a rapid fire cone. The deathbubbles now move slower, not oneshoting but stacking a taken damage when connecting until the rest of the fight. Enabling a crossing when being careful.
    (Vindicator becomes enterable when on 10% hp and has the charge and knockback ability form the vp daylies. Isiel on 10% hp casts a longer self destruct only interruptable by the tank's ability.)

Titan trash robots gain a flamethrower cone and drop mines where they stand in a frequent interval. The mines are immune to aoe damage and have 3 mil hp.
    Jump cones are more frequent and the interval is more randomised. Smaller robots can be aquired (like the crucia bots) and turn friendly when not killed on low hp, will start to clear mines. The smaller robots drop magnetic boots which protect from the drag in which cant be interrupted. When Titan comes down he activades the electric bayblades himself, walking slow for 5 seconds. In the safety dance phase in the outer circles, random player drop small voids which stay for the rest of the fight/ tracking Lasers like on Azranel hm. During the fight, titan gains 2 sort of stacks, purging one buff debuffs a player which will kill him when purging the other buff. the buffs act like irotp golem 6 stacks and need to be cleansed asap.

There you have some funny hardmode

Shas
    | Hierosolyma | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn

Prophet of Telara

But if we are honest, after 2 years of BoS, nobody can see this raid anymore.
    Designing and testing completely new mechanics probably takes as much development time as scaling an old raid to level 70. Future development time should rather flow into another existing older raid which can be extended later by a hardmode.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Future development time should rather flow into another existing older raid which can be extended later by a hardmode.
    That's facts. Whichever is easier for the developers.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Dbatzz View Post
    That's facts. Whichever is easier for the developers.
    Exactly, they have fewer Devs that also have to deal with content for other games. Rift needs a new expansion or several DLC's plus a graphics engine overhaul primary over modifing old content.

Tweaking raid mechanics is, for the most part is a partial code rewrite and fairly time-consuming, even the slightest change can lead to unpredictable results. Greenscale is an example, at one point they decided to move how Trash path and ended up creating a bug where you could pull the entire Raid accidentally by casting an AOE to close to a Wall, I'm not sure that was entirly fixed even now.

Prophet of Telara

I would find raids interesting that would require a completely different raid setup/soul combinations. For example a master mode of BoS in which the eternal weapons are deactivated. This could encourage players to try out new soul combinations and create new raid setups, which in my opinion is still the most interesting part of Rift. I think this would be possible without much technical effort and would bring some variety to the current endgame. As an incentive for the raid, a higher drop chance for overlord items or a high sum of platin for each boss kill could be used.

As a positive side-effect you would have data for class balancing. In the long run it makes more sense to balance the classes without the Eternal Weapon.

+ Reply to Thread