+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing setup for Commander Isiel

Prophet of Telara

Default Healing setup for Commander Isiel

What do you guys suggest for 2nd boss in Bastion of Steel ?

At the moment my guild uses 1 warchanter/warlord with link and purifier for st heals. For aoe heals we use archon/chloro. We use 1 cleric and 1 mage tank (both have 700k+ hp fullbuffed) and sometimes 2 mages. Plus 5 dps.

We have a problem with tank drops in 2nd and 3rd phase. One tank is tanking both Isiel and robot.

Is there anything we should change ? Our options are limited though. We have only 1 warrior and usually no primalist. So we can only add mages and rogues to the mix.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Post nerfs my guild has been going the pure ranged strat (instead of ping pong) with the following setup.

WC/WL with link.
    FK (Barriers are nice)
    Defiler/Oracle
    Chlorochon.
    2 Cleric Tanks

The chlorochon does plenty of AE healing, (Tanks add some too) and the Defiler/Oracle adds the additional buffs plus some group shielding.

With Oracle+FK Barriers+Chon buffs your tanks should easily be 800k+ health with Berserker Trinket buffs

Let your supports handle the cleansing so the healers don't need to stop their tank healing. (Chon ST and Oracle group both work fine)

After that just pray for good mine RNG.

Puri can work but the Mana management is counterproductive for this fight. Sacrificing max health for Mana can get you killed. Plus with 1.5 sec GCD for the ability to go off can get a tank killed. Losing the eternal proc just gimps your healing.
    Last edited by Skiye; 08-13-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Prophet of Telara

With that setup we would only have 4 dps. We will hit enrage
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

1 FK 1 WC with Link, the FK deals with all aoe heal so your chon can dps chon (if the FK is bad you could always get a rogue tank to help with Cadence spam)

I'll plug Cils FK guide to keep her happy
    Last edited by Maltie; 08-13-2018 at 10:42 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    1 FK 1 WC with Link, the FK deals with all aoe heal so your chon can dps chon (if the FK is bad you could always get a rogue tank to help with Cadence spam)

I'll plug Cils FK guide to keep her happy
    Thanks. I'm doing aoe atm as chlorochon so I can switch to FK.

So 1 FK will be better than puri and chlorochon ? We are not a top tier guild. We haven't killed Isiel yet.
    Last edited by Lokken`; 08-13-2018 at 10:46 AM.
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    With that setup we would only have 4 dps. We will hit enrage
    Not entirely true.

Defiler/Oracle should be able to output 750K dps if played decently.

The additional 5% non phys debuff alone that defiler (Or an inquisitor) adds is worth 50k extra dps to each and every non phys damage dealer, which most are these days, if they can pull 1m dps.

You get the end result of 5 dpsers plus additional buffs. Just a thought and something to try since you were asking for help.
    Last edited by Skiye; 08-13-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Xly
    Plane Touched

Here's what we're using, depending on if it's the main raid or one of the side ones.

Main Raid, PingPong-Strat:

2 Cleric Tanks, 1 with 5% magic (12 defiler)
    Warchanter Linkspec
    Necrochloro
    Tactbard

Side Raids (usually not Pingpong-strat bc one tank is often a lot better equipped than the other):

Different tank setups. If we have a good cleric tank, he'll bring the 5% magic spec, if not, try and have an inqui for that
    2 warchanters, usually one with link (bc random mages can't play necro)
    Tactbard/Wardacle

I don't like using the archon for AOE heals and/or cleanses. I've had to play it on NA a few times because DPS in the pugs were bad and every now and then you won't be able to heal up everyone quickly enough when you also have to uphold debuffs / raidbuffs / cooldowns and cleanses. Maybe that's just me being bad, I just wouldn't wanna put other mages in a role that I'm not comfortable with.

I also don't like having to use a frostkeeper. If your tanks are undergeared, having the archon have 14 FK for the 6% more HP is more useful (and more DPS overall) imo. A chantion should still do around 350-400k-ish on Isiel if pingpong, 300k-ish if not. That's still a lot more than FK ;) Link chanter is still around 200-250k.

There are a lot more combos that work - for example 61 phys is also quite good if you have a rogue that can play it. I have seen a purifier as well, but ... that's just weird and 0 dps ;P

There are a variety of setups you can use to kill the 2nd boss, based upon how much dps your raid has or how good your healers are.

In our main group we use a puri and tactbard, and depending upon our dps on at the time, we could use a necro or WC. Some of the tank heals is based upon RNG, period, so remember you can have a few attempts to make sure the tanks stay alive. We mostly use the range strat.

Sometimes we mix it up to get a tad more dps in our ALT runs, but you can use either an FK, Puri, or even a Phys for MT heals and one Raid heals. Or you can skip the pure raid heals and go with a hybrid and have your chon go max dps. We usually have our chon cleanse, but you can also use your raid heals for cleansing. The past two weeks or so we have had really bad lag on our Friday night runs.. Not sure what is up with that, but that is not good for Commander lol.

I believe the magic number is around 7.2 mill dps to kill Commander. If your raid is low on dps and you have melee in the group, then work on using the melee strat. You can get more dps out of it.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

Ascendant

FK with barrier
    Warchanter with Link
    FK and chlorochon and a linked Warchanter can do the job very well. We only use our hybrid secondary support bard/tact to basically cleanse bot if the archon goes dps and can't do the job. It is normally a dps loss though but still manageable. You can bring another chanter or physician if FK not available. Losing both link chanter and barrier FK can be tough though but manageable. There is a number of tanks who can also help with healing. Cleric, rogue, primalist and mage tanks all have healing potential.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 08-13-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Telaran

We usually do it with 1 tactbard and 1 warchanter with link, archon is dps-archon.

If it doesn't work with 1 warchanter only (as example: in our alt group or when we have a random warchanter who can't heal so well), we use 2.

One week we also did it with Primalist healer + 1 warchanter + dpsoracle (for bard buffs), that felt more safe but primalists should be playing dd

Plane Walker

We have the best clear with our BoS groups with stacking mostly rogue and mage and primalist for the AE/Cleave. We use a cleric tank and healer warrior. Don't bring too many primalist as well. A couple is really nice. Mostly its mage and rogue that make BoS easy. Rogue that can MM and Mage for Pyro and Elementalist are good. You could do it with other combinations but until Trion balance classes better this has been the easiest way for us to clear. We wipe so much on last boss with 2 clerics and 2 warrior dps last time. This time we had 1 cleric and 2 warrior dps and we still have problem. One of the warriors decided to get his main mage to finish it off. One shot it after wiping 5 times mostly due to enrage with his warrior. It was a carry though. So warrior and cleric are not so good to bring in BoS as dps just tank and healers now. Maybe one for dps is okay. We have full T2 except for one warrior and it was still tough for enrage timer some upgraded as well. And also I would suggest warrior to play RB if you bring them for DPS and not Reaver. There is a bug that allows players to melee the last fight so this week is much easier with that group to be honest.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 08-17-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Plane Touched

Past couple of weeks Nefarious has only used a WC and bardphys for Isiel.

+ Reply to Thread