+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: When BOS boss nerf?

Telaran

Default When BOS boss nerf?

My group were 3/3 for few weeks before the patch. But after the patch with perfect pulls, we are still dps short for 2nd boss Commandant Isiel (2nd boss). When/Can Trion looking into nerf/or lower boss HP?

Isp
    Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by canine99 View Post
    My group were 3/3 for few weeks before the patch. But after the patch with perfect pulls, we are still dps short for 2nd boss Commandant Isiel (2nd boss). When/Can Trion looking into nerf/or lower boss HP?
    Sparkles rewards were changed from LFM to T1 in 4 months after T1 raids introduction, but have not changed to T2 (don't know yet or at all).
    Fragments rework supposed to happen last summer.
    IGSB was "finalized" in January.
    Class "balance" work just started.
    so I would guess that BoS will be nerfed after class balance and next raid release, maybe in 6-18 months. If BoS will be nerfed soon you will be too bored waiting for a next raid /s
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

The averages have been taken down across the board for most people. Top end players will still likely do more than that, but for everyone else it's around 1mil - 1.3mil. For people who were already under performing prior to the patch and having others carry their weight, it's going to make meeting the check on commander that much harder.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5360612

This is also one of my questions for the livestream, but it remains to be seen if they'll answer it. It starts in about 12min from the time of me replying,

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5361406

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

I also heartily support a "nerf" in BoS, some sort of reduction of the requirements in there to better fit the average players now after the 4.5 balance fix.

As I've said before, the current balance is absolutely on the right track. The roles' performance now in Bastion of Steel as it exists would have been a terrific challenge when introduced. In effect, the balance fix has ratcheted up the difficult tremendously. And after nearly a year in there, it's so very disheartening to our new excited players.

I'm in a half-decent guild (we've killed Isiel twice, once pre-nerf and once post-nerf). We're frustrated. Some nerfs (or fragment/rune buffs?) would be nice.

I think the time to slightly nerf BoS has arrived. Lots of posts about people being frustrated not to be able to clear it now, or having problems clearing it.

I think a simple tweak of reducing the bosses' health pools by 10 percent would be perfect. It would allow a lot more guilds to finally clear it, and perhaps the group composition would not have to be perfect.

I remember pugging BoS each week and going 1/3 just to get some people some marks and bringing alts along. I don't see that really happening much anymore, although i do get many requests each week to form a 1/3 BoS run, and I just say no way now. It was that much of a nerf/change imo.

Also, they might slightly reduce the damage on the 2nd boss, since multiple mechanics can happen all within under 1 sec making it impossible to heal the tank, even in a stacked group. So perhaps a nerf on that is warranted as well.

Our main group still clears it pretty easily, but then again most guilds who have been clearing BoS for months and months will have no issues. It is the guilds who were progressing that are going to now get stuck at commander. I hope they make some minor nerfs as well
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "Let me live again. Let life come find me wanting. Spring must strike again against the shield of winter. Let me feel once more, the arms of love surround me, telling me the danger's past, I need not fear the icy blast again!"

Shadowlander

guess your 1 button rogues can't get that much dps as before, maybe it's time they roll a real build like NB or even MM...

We heard on the livestream today that this is being looked at now

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelX View Post
    guess your 1 button rogues can't get that much dps as before, maybe it's time they roll a real build like NB or even MM...
    We did. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelX View Post
    Yeah, far too many rogues were playing nb/bad. It was possible to do as well as 61NB, but you couldn't just play the 2 button variant. From my personal experience through ungodly amounts of commander wiping with lots of different rogues, none of them ever did 900k+ single target. None of them knew how to split parses so they just assumed that their cleave was their actual number. As of right now, 61NB barely does 100k or so (at most) more than MM, but has no interrupt, nowhere near as much cleave and lacks utility. At that point here's no reason to play anything but MM until further balance changes.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 08-03-2018 at 11:38 AM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Yeah, far too many rogues were playing nb/bad. It was possible to do as well as 61NB, but you couldn't just play the 2 button variant. From my personal experience through ungodly amounts of commander wiping with lots of different rogues, none of them ever did 900k+ single target. None of them knew how to split parses so they just assumed that their cleave was their actual number. As of right now, 61NB barely does 100k or so (at most) more than MM, but has no interrupt, nowhere near as much cleave and lacks utility. At that point here's no reason to play anything but MM until further balance changes.
    We uses 2-3 61NBs every week on isiel using the melee strat and 1-2 on titan. NB is completely fine for BoS.
    Allegory@Deepwood
    Nuances@Deepwood R.I.P <Nephilim>

Quote Originally Posted by Allegory View Post
    We uses 2-3 61NBs every week on isiel using the melee strat and 1-2 on titan. NB is completely fine for BoS.
    Right, I didn't mean that it wasn't, but between the 2 specs, MM is still the better option for the reasons I stated. At least for now.

If you design an encounter around certain variables in order to make the encounter a challenge, and then later on decide to change the variables without revisiting the encounter, what do you expect the results to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Right, I didn't mean that it wasn't, but between the 2 specs, MM is still the better option for the reasons I stated. At least for now.
    I'm not so sure though. NB seems to do more ST while providing the necessary cleave where MM will lose ST to provide cleave.
    Allegory@Deepwood

MM doesn't loose any ST since most of its damage passively cleaves anyway. Planar variation + hellfire blades and razorbeast will hit ridiculously hard. Hellfire/razorbeast + crossfire + chain destruction will destroy the adds in the first phase of commander. Having to constantly hold Dark Descent and have emptiness stacks for 2nd phase in 61 NB takes a hit to your dps so even that part of it is easier in NB.

I have someone in my guild that used to solo the adds and we just had everyone else got ST. He's on hiatus though :T
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 08-03-2018 at 12:06 PM.

From talking to people who run groups and watching the few rift streams that ever happen anymore - most groups who are still clearing BoS are using NB in favor of MM, but agree to disagree.
    Also I'm not sure most groups have adjusted their tank strategy for boss 2. Rogue, mage and possibly cleric tanks can all handle the aoe heals necessary for boss 2 with (of course with the passive aoe heals from the ST healers). This frees up the chlorochon into playing the dps variant of archon and gaining a large chunk of raid dps.
    Allegory@Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast