+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: When BOS boss nerf?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    Idk why everyone hated nb/sab.... It's pretty sad.
    Do you remember SC hybrids? They don't exist anymore because they were destroyed by the devs and Mage were told those specs were never meant to exist. They destroyed every AoE/ST hybrid that exist in the game that was competitive except for rogues.In fact they added it later on to rogue after many years of denying it to other classes like nb/sab and mm/sab and tact/man etc. For many of the other non rogue players it was more of a betrayal and exploitation of conceptual design than anything else. If you are going to say those other classes can't have x, y, z or have to behave like x, y, z and have all these penalties for playing those classes why play anything besides rogue which have all the liberty and freedom from a design perspective?

So that is why other players don't like rogue especially vets who have had wonderful designs ripped away from them for made up reasons now that rogue is allowed to have them. It is the same thing about sin/nb back in SL/NT where the designer changed the rules on the fly from 61 point or bust and made rogue have all these crazy hybrid specs while other classes were told they could not have them. I know you say they are MEANT to have them but actually no they were never meant to have them according to everyone who doesn't main a rogue and had their own AoE/ST hybrids destroyed or nerfed into the ground.

Same thing about healers who can dps. Like what happened to clerics who were using exuberance on Prime. They were told that healers should not have that amount of dps while on live warrior was doing insane dps as a healer for almost a year now. Double standard bias ruins the game and ultimately the trust in your developers.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 08-05-2018 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    All the people saying there isn't a problem, we can still clear BoS adequately are all T2-upgraded geared to the teeth. Imagine doing it fresh out of T1 as originally intended.

/micdrop
    This. Bit silly if you need half T2 gear to kill T2 bosses...

Saying "it will make it even more boring to do" is really not a valid excuse. Your opinion is not valid when you're pimped in T2 gear. You're meant to be bored, you've basically completed it and are desperately waiting on another tier!

Really it's only the 2nd boss that needs proper attention. Though I can understand how a HP nerf to first boss would also be useful. Don't make the boss easier, just make it shorter. You can't expect a T1 geared group to be all amazing at their specs and therefore reach the required dps.

It's quite clear that the second boss was never intended to be killed the way 90% of the guilds do it (no melee tactic). Hence I can understand how they didn't want to nerf the burst damage when it was never intended that one tank should have to tank both. But.. the melee tactic really isn't that effective. Often or not you can get higher dps by leaving her in there as although she still immunes for a short time it's still shorter than melee tactic. Considering the dps requirements are so high it's no wonder people are opting for this tactic with range only. This tactic also allows for 1ST healer rather than 2 ST healers, if the group is able enough.

I do wonder what Trion's original idea was for beating the second boss, as I doubt even they intended us to stand in 1 safespot the whole time. Maybe? It wasn't very well designed either way.
    Last edited by Refuge; 08-09-2018 at 03:03 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Plane Walker

The second boss is actually easier in our case than the third boss. Third boss needs to have cleave specs and not all classes have them built too well for that boss. You also have limited melee places and those are usually filled by our top ST specs from primalist and rogue NB. So other classes that have to go range like inquisitor or tempest seem to have lowest dps while mage seems to do well with range dps and cleaving. We can manage to bring warrior and cleric dps for the first two bosses even as a carry but in the last boss we may even drop players.. usually a cleric or warrior and bring in a main to clear usually a rogue MM or another mage that is already full geared and doesn't mind to help. We usually don't drop rogue if they can't MM well and they can NB well. Is MM that much more difficult to play that rogues refuse to learn it so other non capable classes can go melee?

If you look at the prancing turtle you can see most problems are fixed when you just depend on those classes mostly for dps and support while the others, warrior and cleric, for tanking or healing. It is even worse than before the nerfs because we even make our raids more and more cookie cutter eliminating possible choices of classes and roles. Like we used a wardicle or bard/tac before then we get rid of that and we try to do first boss with one chloro now and rely on stacking close for tank healing. We get rid of secondary support healer for pure dps and no more using a full dps chon but bring a chlorochon and dps healers etc. The ways we were able to do content was less cookie cutter, we used even puri back then, and inclusive of different roles. With the nerfs we just end up not bringing certain roles or classes in general.

We had a bad raid this week with the cleric/warrior dps but did very good with our other raids. It was mostly a faceroll with the mage/rogue and primalist for the third boss at least. Second boss didn't struggle too much but the time to kill was a bit higher using melee method for one group for our shamans. Yes, I do understand that you can bring primalist support and chon etc. but that is not options all the time. Primalist is still the least played class in the game and raid lock outs don't allow them to come carry in every raid. No class should be mandatory for raiding but it feels more like some are way more than others.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 08-09-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Soulwalker

I don't get all of your points.

First of all, as far as I know, even if the melee specc of Primalist is slightly better, the damage difference is not that high, so just let your Primalist play range.

Second, all 61nb versions I know can play range up to 20m. Even if there is a bit of dmg loss, they do enough dmg on range and they don't have to play Marksman. Besides that for the last phase of the last boss you get the range enhancement from the boxes standing around.

Third, it's always worth to have a Bard or an Oracle in the raid, to buff your group.

So at the end you can send your Primalists and Rogues to range spots and take two Shamans if you need the cleave, but... You should also always have an Inqui in your raid or any other specc which debuffs the boss with 5% additional magic dmg taken (no the archon debuff is a different one and yes they are stacking).

And some words to other answers here. You compare this content with older ones and say, you always should be able to clear a T2 raid with T1 equip, but you can't compare these contents. There has never been something like an eternal weapon. You never got your whole right side of your equipment from open world content. Additionally you never got a BiS helmet and ranged weapon from open world content. And there is no T2 cape in BoS. So you just can get 5 items out of that raid... 5. And if you guys think these 5 items push you dps by 500k you are dreaming.

Edit: I forgot to say that even in older contents you were not able to fully clear the highest raid without equip of the regarding tier. The only point which is very sad is, that BoS just has 3 Bosses.
    Last edited by Gaarren; 08-10-2018 at 03:22 AM.

Plane Walker

The problem is not Shaman in the last phase it is shaman getting to the last phase because you have to constantly play it from range because of ghost running into the tank and exploding and killing melee or the tank pulling the mobs away. It is not pew pew pew like MM AE with HFB and faceroll AE damage. NB and Primalist still get the best damage in our group and primalist is NOT a little under shaman.

Our primalist is hitting 1.5+ million in the last phase when in melee. And we do clear BoS with our groups. We had 15 stacks with bringing two shamans last time so it was much tougher. Shaman loses 48% of its damage from not being able to keep up IB buffs and the top dps ability comes from weapon attacks. That is a huge loss in dps from playing shaman from range during add phases. They tend to get infected and have to move out melee as well.

Also, you are wrong about inquisitor on last boss or always being best to bring. Primalist debuff actually same as inquisitor so having a primalist is better than inquisitor now because they can bring the debuff and have exceptionally better dps . Cleric range spec is not good for cleaves. Same goes for warrior. They need similar specs that can be played from range that can AE or passive cleave like other classes. Or they need OP single target to make them worth bringing over those cleave spec. All I am saying about rogue is they should all learn to play MM for all of BoS. It isn't much less than NB, it actually can interrupt and purge but I guess rogues don't want to do that job? Lol. Inquisitor on last boss is one of the hardest souls to play because it is turret( A spec that has to be standing still most of the time to do its most dps.) You are constantly moving and also the interrupts are unreliable because even though they are instant you have spam them even with a stopcast macro tied to them to clip your cast times or they won't fire off. I have had several clerics try doing that job and they all complained about that. And yes almost every cleric I know only shamans and nothing else on that fight.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 08-10-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Rift Disciple

beware of PT logs aren't always accurate due to the logs didn't stop automatically right when the boss is dead, so sometimes the logs will keep going for another 10-20s after the boss is dead.

And melee strat for BOS 2nd is actually better for dps , and not that difficult if your group is precise on the timing on ping pong. Besides dps can go melee, everyone can stack and be benefited from omnox. On top of that, since in melee strat the MT isnt taking both boss so less healing pressure. But again , only if your group is lacking dps and/or execute well on the ping pong timing. Personally using range strat but I have been in other guild's group using melee strat which was pretty much better overall when the strat is executed precisely.

Also, warrior is not that bad on dpsing titan , look at titan only parse on RB. It's not top obviously , but it's also not too bad.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1686100336

remember bamu is on vacation so a lot of the higher parses are on PT but not on the list just yet. Check both together for accurate numbers
    Cileriqao@Greybriar <Kairos>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3