+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 24 of 24
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Build your dream team

  1. #16
    Soulwalker Dbatzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    With Titan X I'm not sure but I suppose if you have 5 primalists who make 300-400 k more st dps than any other class you can compensate for the lack of aoe dmg.
    Is it possible to make a Berseker/Vulcanist type spec? Berseker for the cleave, vulcanist for single target?
    I am a bad... not your any type of bad... I'm the baddest of the bad. I am...

    Dbatzz@Laethys - Dbats@Greybriar - Qlinltiqor@Deepwood

  2. #17
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    We only have two Primalists in the guild so we can't really test it. The first time we had 3 Primalists we set a new best time of 5:16, but that was before the second HP nerf (the time prancingturtle shows is wrong because the timer was still running after Commander Isiel's dead)

    Both primalists made over 300 k dps with Summon: Beacon of the Drake. I'm sure that we could replace the Warrior dd and the Cleric dd with two Primalists with the same dps like Primaschreiber and Hokhmah and kill the boss in record time even with 2 tanks. With 5 primalists who make over 2 m st dps in phase 1 you have so much st dps that you don't need a second tank because the maintank doesn't get enough stacks to get knocked down. If you play with 1 tank you have several options, the rogue can use a tank/heal/bard spec and take care of the adds (adds don't make legendary hits) take over the group healing and the bard buffs. Or the rogue goes on a cleave spec and tries to kill the adds as quickly as possible.

    Primas can also change the 65 mastery for bit less st dps, but much more cleave.
    If you need more cleave for the second boss you can also play with 2 prima tanks. The bard then plays dd, the archon takes over the group healing and the cleric plays dps oracel.

    With Titan X I'm not sure but I suppose if you have 5 primalists who make 300-400 k more st dps than any other class you can compensate for the lack of aoe dmg as long as you distribute the players well among the targets so that you avoid unnecessary target changes.

    The rogue can play dd for the last boss so you have enough cleave and the cleric can play DPS Oracel for buffs and debuffs. If the group dodges the ghosts, an Archon can heal the raid.
    even with 5 primalist you are not going to push it fast enough to one tank it. At 32 seconds into the fight main tank will have 5 stacks (which is max). You will have to heal the main tank through 5 stack cannon blast and the adds for 24 seconds after that not saying its impossible but it will certainly be rough with no guard. If the tank can survive the 5 stack hits that may work. If you can do it post a video for us.
    Major Constipator the bad dream
    Primaelfear
    feardonkey and others

  3. #18
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fearhi View Post
    even with 5 primalist you are not going to push it fast enough to one tank it. At 32 seconds into the fight main tank will have 5 stacks (which is max). You will have to heal the main tank through 5 stack cannon blast and the adds for 24 seconds after that not saying its impossible but it will certainly be rough with no guard. If the tank can survive the 5 stack hits that may work. If you can do it post a video for us.
    The Tank also only needs to tank the Vindicator and Commander Isiel, the adds are engaged by a tank/heal/bard Hybrid because the adds don't make legendary hits.

    We have already successfully tested this with 1 tank before the HP/Damage nerfs of Vindicator and Commander Isiel and have entered the second phase but had problems in third phase to keep the tank alive with only 1 warrior healer due to the mine explosions. After the nerf, the warrior heals it easily alone.

    At the moment our raid group is a bit demotivated because of the uncertain future of the game, some players have also already chosen new games where they will spend their time. I don't know if we can get enough good players in the future who are willing to prove that it works.

    But if you normally play with 2 tanks and 5 good Primalists the cleave is enough to kill enough adds that there is reduced risk that the tank dies from the add damage. You can see here that it would work. Two more primalists would make up for the missing cleave from the warrior.

    We also killed the boss with 1 Primalist and 1 Pyro (only passive cleave with firestorm) as the only damage dealer with cleave. Some adds survived almost until phase 3 but that didn't bother our healer and tanks.

  4. #19
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    141

    Default just for referring.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    The Tank also only needs to tank the Vindicator and Commander Isiel, the adds are engaged by a tank/heal/bard Hybrid because the adds don't make legendary hits.

    We have already successfully tested this with 1 tank before the HP/Damage nerfs of Vindicator and Commander Isiel and have entered the second phase but had problems in third phase to keep the tank alive with only 1 warrior healer due to the mine explosions. After the nerf, the warrior heals it easily alone.

    At the moment our raid group is a bit demotivated because of the uncertain future of the game, some players have also already chosen new games where they will spend their time. I don't know if we can get enough good players in the future who are willing to prove that it works.

    But if you normally play with 2 tanks and 5 good Primalists the cleave is enough to kill enough adds that there is reduced risk that the tank dies from the add damage. You can see here that it would work. Two more primalists would make up for the missing cleave from the warrior.

    We also killed the boss with 1 Primalist and 1 Pyro (only passive cleave with firestorm) as the only damage dealer with cleave. Some adds survived almost until phase 3 but that didn't bother our healer and tanks.
    We didn't try one tank tactic(because of time reducing in phase 2 and 3) but, we supposed it. We used to enter phase 2 in 1min 20~30sec. And it wasn't with any nerf on the boss.

    If we could use only one tank and heal so we could get two more top class dps(maybe prim lol because druid cannot dps at phase 3 with one tank tactic), we could get 30% or more dps and kill the boss in 1min. But at that time, damage on tank were so hard so we couldn't do that. 1 tank would possible but not 1 healer.

    Anyway it seems possible enough with several nerfs of difficulty.


    one more. If your primalists cannot kill adds fast enough, check their beacon timing. It must be used with Rage of the beasts and Proc of Scything Strike.
    Last edited by MusclPig; 11-02-2018 at 09:10 AM.
    <Unicef>
    Musclepig@Deepwood, Kingswag@Deepwood, Nuclearfromthenorth@Deepwood
    Koreanrektingcrew@deepwood, Dcutter@deepwood

  5. #20
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusclPig View Post
    If your primalists cannot kill adds fast enough, check their beacon timing. It must be used with Rage of the beasts and Proc of Scything Strike.
    I also think that a group with 5 primalists didn't really optimize their cleave damage if they couldn't kill the adds.

  6. #21
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    I also think that a group with 5 primalists didn't really optimize their cleave damage if they couldn't kill the adds.
    So do I.

    If beacon is used at proper timing, it does more than 1mil per each target and each seconds.

    Promised usage of beacon and focusing many hp remaining adds will work enough.
    <Unicef>
    Musclepig@Deepwood, Kingswag@Deepwood, Nuclearfromthenorth@Deepwood
    Koreanrektingcrew@deepwood, Dcutter@deepwood

  7. #22
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    22

    Default

    @Bamul, When you say Oracel, do you mean the oracle/defiler hybrid?

  8. #23
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barabbas View Post
    @Bamul, When you say Oracel, do you mean the oracle/defiler hybrid?
    This spec: https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ity&filter=all

  9. #24
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Thanks, I was assuming that was the one. Just thought i'd ask.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts