+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Retracerr
  • 1 Post By Deeew

Thread: Rift prime: Top dps in raids!

Shadowlander

Default Rift prime: Top dps in raids!

Hi everyone.

so what class will be top dps in raid, on the rift prime server ? And what class will in the future be the top ?

Thumbs down Stop asking this question

If I had to make an educated guess, I would say the top DPS is either going to be Mage, Rogue, Cleric, or Warrior. This input being based on thousands of variables of course (play style, gear, knowledge of the class, etc.) Therefore, it is my belief that choosing either Mage, Rogue, Cleric, or Warrior will grant you top DPS in some particular situation.

Soulwalker

From what we see at level 50 currently (I don't see things changing drastically with gear itc and also there will be no significant class balance chances if any) it will be either Saboteur/Druid/Defiler or MA, rest of the souls are far behind.
    Just my 'uneducated' guess..

https://www.reddit.com/r/RiftPrime/c...timates_based/

whether its accurate or not idk, but thats the closest youre gonna get atm.
    Last edited by sirrelyc; 03-15-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrelyc View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/RiftPrime/c...timates_based/

whether its accurate or not idk, but thats the closest youre gonna get atm.
    Did the chart cut off the mystic archer and defiler so that the data didnt get too skewed?
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi View Post
    Hi everyone.

so what class will be top dps in raid, on the rift prime server ? And what class will in the future be the top ?
    In practical use rogue all the way. They have incredible AoE and cleave. Both from range and melee and they can bring in solid ST with cleave in both. They also will have some sick heals and support. Rogue will be missing some of the better tank CDs which may hurt them as tanks though.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-18-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Did the chart cut off the mystic archer and defiler so that the data didnt get too skewed?
    Those just didn't get parsed.
    I think Bubbles gathered those parses for rough estimate.

Rogues are definitely not top but newbies will still get all butthurt tho.
    Hopefully people learn to play their classes better, less time spending on the forum envying and get all salty about rogues, and spend more time learning to play.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Those just didn't get parsed.
    I think Bubbles gathered those parses for rough estimate.

Rogues are definitely not top but newbies will still get all butthurt tho.
    Hopefully people learn to play their classes better, less time spending on the forum envying and get all salty about rogues, and spend more time learning to play.
    Oh, I musta been blind when I looked at the graph earlier, I see defiler there now.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Raidbuffed and with T2-T3 comparable equipment the Pyro seems to be slightly better than the MA. Pyro scales better with equipment and Raidbuffs, so the MA will probably be the better choice for new level 50 players and for fights with adds.

Test environment: Golem Foundry on the PTS with level 50 Ascended's Set

Update:
    Pyro/MA Hybrid seems to be even better
    Last edited by Bamul; 03-20-2018 at 07:18 AM. Reason: new spec pyro/ma hybrid

Rift prime: Top dps in raids!-screenshot-2018-03-19-08.13.29.jpg msg too short

Ascendant

I raided these raids specifically and the class with the best cleave with ST and best AoE are going to outshine everyone else when you consider the entire raid instance because that was the biggest complaint back then with sabdancer and Champion where they brought both solid top ST with AoE all in one spec. If you have a level 70 you can check out the mob density in those zones on live. The bosses have very high mob density as well. So unless they are tuning the zones I can't see this changing.

It was a big enough complaint it caused the devs at that time to repurpose champion as an AoE dps and get rid of that sabdancer and similar specs back then. Stuff like Brostorm and Tactman were also gutted in Storm legion because of it and even later on in this expansion Reaver cleave was nerfed. Range mattered more for GSB and RoS from what I remember. It started to matter less for IROTP, HK, ID, PF. A large amount of complaints were about being melee unfriendly as well.

I don't know if they will fix mobs from specifically targeting the mage and clerics and silencing them so that is something to be concerned with since these early raids considered them as the only healing class so they got picked on. There was no debilitates back then. Sort of how IROTP is on live because they overlooked the golems and priest from targeting the cleric and mages. Hope that gets nerfed or changed since now every class can heal.

But yes if you want to see who will shine don't look at pure ST dps. Look at top ST dps with AoE or cleave or at least top range dps with cleave and keep in mind disconnects and adds. Looks like mage and rogue are fine choices by that graph. I can be wrong but based on that graph it seems like maybe cleric has it the worse for dps with cleave and aoe and secondary support. Who knows about hybrids with them though? I'm not invested so won't be testing for hybrids so YMMV. Having fun playing rogue!

TLDR: It is all about ST with cleave and top AoE when considering the full raid instance. Range is more impactful in early raids than in later.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-21-2018 at 04:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread