+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Icarus
  • 2 Post By Icarus

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bastion of Steel: Trash Lockout Removal

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Bastion of Steel: Trash Lockout Removal

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that the lockout for killing trash will be removed in next week's hotfix (11/1/2017).

Initially, the thought I had was to give players any kind of loot for clearing the trash. Throughout the entirety of Starfall Prophecy, trash loot has been removed from many instances (from story to raid instances) and I wanted to have it so you at least got something for clearing trash. To prevent any possibility of farming (the reason why a lot of trash mobs had loot removed), I put in a lockout.

However, I didn't fully think this through, and this unfortunately is extremely detrimental to players who try to PuG the raid. My apologies to everyone who has been affected by this. But come next week, this will be changed and you will only be locked to the instance when you kill a boss.

It's a little confusing so just to clarify: Are you saying your assumption was that there was loot from trash and that's why you put the lockout on or are you saying there is loot from trash, but the lockout is causing problems for those that wish to pug?

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Noble to apologize but Iím pretty sure the community really wishes for a litany of other items to be addressed with this type of empathy and enthusiasm.
    Rogue

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by barrysneaks View Post
    Noble to apologize but Iím pretty sure the community really wishes for a litany of other items to be addressed with this type of empathy and enthusiasm.
    pls speak for yourself, as a raider this is a disconcerting issue and I am glad its being addressed

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

There is loot from trash (and by loot, I am not speaking of raid drops but normal drops from fragments, vendor trash, coin, ect). By locking players in, this really hurt players who attempted to PuG the raid (more so than a full guild group, who were also unfortunately affected, but a bit less so).

Players in a full guild group who were locked due to trash, if/when they call it a day, it is at least a lot easier for them to get back together for another go at the first boss. In a PuG, chances are you won't see the same people again, and now you can't join another raid group for an attempt.

Hopefully this clears things up. On a somewhat related topic, this has sparked some internal discussion on what we can do in raids to make trash more meaningful to the players in regards to rewards. While I canít share anything at the moment, hopefully we will have something ironed out in the future for players to give feedback on.

+ Reply to Thread