+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have a couple questions for the raiding community.

Soulwalker

Question Have a couple questions for the raiding community.

I've been a hardcore raider over in SWTOR for a long time now, but the insanely slow pace of content release has finally driven me away. I pre-ordered this game and have played it off and on over the years but never even reached max level. I'm thinking about coming to raid here, but I have a few questions.

I was looking at the expansions and the new class options that come with them, and realizing it would take over a hundred bucks to get access to all the different classes, do the old one stand up in raids or are they completely outmatched? Is there a specific expansion that would be best bang for the buck?

What is a solid class for tanking? I generally prefer the spikey tanks that have an array of cooldowns to use in different situations. Utility over mitigation basically.

Good raid guild suggestions? Pretty hardcore but not pee in a gatorade bottle hardcore.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Xillin View Post
    I've been a hardcore raider over in SWTOR for a long time now, but the insanely slow pace of content release has finally driven me away. I pre-ordered this game and have played it off and on over the years but never even reached max level. I'm thinking about coming to raid here, but I have a few questions.

I was looking at the expansions and the new class options that come with them, and realizing it would take over a hundred bucks to get access to all the different classes, do the old one stand up in raids or are they completely outmatched? Is there a specific expansion that would be best bang for the buck?

What is a solid class for tanking? I generally prefer the spikey tanks that have an array of cooldowns to use in different situations. Utility over mitigation basically.

Good raid guild suggestions? Pretty hardcore but not pee in a gatorade bottle hardcore.

Thanks in advance.
    Welcome to the forums.

Sadly the days of competitive raiding are in the past for Rift. There is still end game 10 man content which is pretty fun, but the most recent release was cleared in 90 mins.

If you want to tank without having to buy new souls you'd be best to look at a Cleric. They are the only tank with a battle rez plus they have enough utility.

The best tanks for flexibility are probably Arbiters (Mage) as you have lots of different builds you can use depending on the situation. You will need to buy the soul pack though. They are also pretty good at tanking the 5 man content while also acting as healer meaning you have space for 4x DPS instead of 3

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

+ Reply to Thread