+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Heinith
  • 1 Post By Leocadia

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Same person keeps dieing on ROTP after phase 2, we can't figure out why!

Default Same person keeps dieing on ROTP after phase 2, we can't figure out why!

- The tank is definitely picking up aggro before anyone else, we've tried many ways to guarantee this.

- We've tried abilities to take aggro / damage from the player, but both die instead

- Same player every time, both nights of raiding, nothing special about her class, as we have 2 fire mages.

I guess it's a bug, but it's hell of a bug towards our progress in this instance. If it is a bug, can someone from the Dev team address this asap.

Thanks,
    Fwob.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Its been a bug since the wall was put up. Even with the tank taunt ON the boss he still swaps right after he comes up at the start of P3.

The only way to make sure a DPS doesn't die is to have everyone except tanks LOS on the normal LOS rock right as the text shows up on screen before boss comes up. Or use Defend the Fallen Legendary lol.

There is also a random aggro drop around 6 minutes into P3 (including P2 addphase time) which either kills someone or messes up the LOS since he swaps tanks.

Its annoying but I'm sure its more annoying for guilds who are progressing and need their resses for other things.
    Last edited by Boase; 07-09-2017 at 12:07 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Its been a bug since the wall was put up. Even with the tank taunt ON the boss he still swaps right after he comes up at the start of P3.

The only way to make sure a DPS doesn't die is to have everyone except tanks LOS on the normal LOS rock right as the text shows up on screen before boss comes up. Or use Defend the Fallen Legendary lol.

There is also a random aggro drop around 6 minutes into P3 (including P2 addphase time) which either kills someone or messes up the LOS since he swaps tanks.

Its annoying but I'm sure its more annoying for guilds who are progressing and need their resses for other things.
    Thanks for the information. This will help us on our next run, or at least put our minds at rest. That lack of res is hurting us a lot.

I don't think we can go behind the rock at the end of phase 2, because we need the distance to kill the adds (we're only just about killing 3 out of 6 of the birds at max distance).

Would like to see a raid boss bug fixed as priority I would assume? I'm hoping the dev team know how to replicate it? If not let us know, so we can supply information that may help.

Thanks,
    Fwob.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Champion

I've kinda been managing to get agro occasionally before he kills someone but that might have just been luck or for some reason I was the one he was mad at. Seems the bird comes out of the lava with someone already targeted and marked for death & it just ignores my taunt. And yes, it's rather annoying, esp for guilds that don't run a cleric tank & have to waste one of the precious healer resses while progressing on this.

Thanks for mentioning the random agro drop partway through phase 3. We've had some weird tank deaths we couldn't explain....

Not holding my breath that this will get fixed anytime soon.... if ever....

My guild may have found a workaround for this which you can try out

1. Make sure your healers are LOS the bird boss behind the "hiding" rock to your right, really get up close to the rock. For some reason the bird always seemed to go after our healers which was doubly painful as this was usually ME .

2. Tanks should lead the bird adds to the far far right corner by the wall for the dps. Not only does this give dps a few more seconds on the adds but the distance seems to "protect" the dps from getting targeted / one shot at the end of the phase.

3. One of the tanks should break off before the end of the bird add phase to pick up the boss. Spam taunt the friggin bird until you are sure you have agro. The healers should be in a good position behind the right hand rock to be able to heal the tank.

4. The tank announces he has agro and healers run across towards the left side "hiding" rock. Be sure to be on your toes because they will have very little time to do so.

Good luck, I hope this bug and the numerous bugs against Overlord damage abilities are fixed soon.

Thunder

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by thunder 1 View Post
    My guild may have found a workaround for this which you can try out

1. Make sure your healers are LOS the bird boss behind the "hiding" rock to your right, really get up close to the rock. For some reason the bird always seemed to go after our healers which was doubly painful as this was usually ME .

2. Tanks should lead the bird adds to the far far right corner by the wall for the dps. Not only does this give dps a few more seconds on the adds but the distance seems to "protect" the dps from getting targeted / one shot at the end of the phase.

3. One of the tanks should break off before the end of the bird add phase to pick up the boss. Spam taunt the friggin bird until you are sure you have agro. The healers should be in a good position behind the right hand rock to be able to heal the tank.

4. The tank announces he has agro and healers run across towards the left side "hiding" rock. Be sure to be on your toes because they will have very little time to do so.

Good luck, I hope this bug and the numerous bugs against Overlord damage abilities are fixed soon.

Thunder

Yes to #1. But does #2 really work? The 2nd tank always takes the birds into the right corner by the wall and we still either loose a healer (ours are bad at hiding) or even a DPS. I'm usually the tank that tries to pick the bird up and I'm already standing on the rock when the emote announces the new bird. I've learned that if I AE taunt (only taunt I can do without a target) as soon as I see the graphic he ignores my taunt. I have to wait until he is targetable, then AE taunt - and then it sometimes works. But he usually already has someone targeted at that point, so it's a crap shot anyway.

On a related note, for some reason "target Arakhurn" doesn't work. Even "targetexact High Priest Arakhurn" doesn't target him in either form (phase 1 or 3). Any thoughts on how to make that work? Trying to click on him & then taunt is awkward and slow.

Shadowlander

i usually tank the priest, and am the one who picks him up after the add phase, i normally just put my mouse on where he pops up and and click like a mad man and spam my damage tank abilities so as soon as he is targeted he is hit, and ALMOST always he has a healer or dps in his sights, But 90% of the time i get him back on me before he one shots the other.

My suggestions seem to work for us, another thing that I forgot to mention is as the birds are heading back slowly to the lava. The one tank should be in position to pick up and spam taunt the boss. The SECOND tank that will pick up the bird add should position themselves between the first tank and the dps. This tank starts dpsing the boss first and should be the one to take the hit if the first tank cant agro fast enough.

The healers have to hide behind the rock, really go up against its face (absolutely no part of the bird should be visible in first person mode), this boss seems to have a special affinity for healers for some reason.

Another thing for healers I've noticed, is at the start of the fight for the first phase. For this boss, sometimes dot heals put on the tank will agro the boss and it will one-shot the healer. Dots should be applied after the tank agros the boss for the first time. This is obviously less efficient but it is better than having the healer on the ground as soon as the fight starts.

Good luck,

Thunder
    Last edited by thunder 1; 07-12-2017 at 04:34 AM.

There is a easier way for me to do this that we found out last week, being a Rogue Tank, i simply set a teleport location at the usual standing place and go into lava right under boss start spamming cores and dps spells ~5 seconds before boss spawn, got aggro -> teleport back -> done.
    Last edited by MisakaMikoto; 07-11-2017 at 07:08 PM.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

The aggro issue is easy enough to fix. Arakhurn has aggro added to everyone in the area when he spawns. This is done to make sure that if everyone is focused on fighting the adds that the fight doesn't go into a reset mode since he is out of combat. So, we can remove the auto-aggro add but if you don't engage him within the amount of time required before the fight thinks that you've wiped, the encounter is going to reset.

The 6 minute aggro drop is interesting. We'll look into that.
    Lead Designer - RIFT

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    The aggro issue is easy enough to fix. Arakhurn has aggro added to everyone in the area when he spawns. This is done to make sure that if everyone is focused on fighting the adds that the fight doesn't go into a reset mode since he is out of combat. So, we can remove the auto-aggro add but if you don't engage him within the amount of time required before the fight thinks that you've wiped, the encounter is going to reset.

Vladd, can you maybe disclose how "Arakhurn has aggro added to everyone in the area when he spawns."? I'm trying to figure out what I can do to be the one that gets more agro than anyone else. Also, it may be kinder to turn this feature off again. I doubt the fight would reset unless we have less than a second to agro him. As a tank it's very frustrating to stand directly under him & smash my taunt as soon as he popes up only to have him flatten a healer or a random DPS.

Soulwalker

i took a look at that my self, yesterday morning i was tanking golems with my main, cleric tank, over 500k selfbuffed, i lost aggro on golems 4 times, not that i was slacking with aggro,
    "cleric tanks are bugged" everyone knows that
    i went again, with less geared cleric tank, havent lost aggro once, then saw that post saying that aggro drop is always around 6 min
    i did some testing, first two i lost aggro 4.30 min and 4.00 with 18/20 mil dmg done to golem
    then we had raid, we had aggro drop on priest around 6 min, rogue was active tank, i got aggro just seconds after he have taunted him
    i did one more test later, i stoped dpsing golems on 3 min, 15 mil dmg done, and for next 3 min i didnt lose aggro on it, i lost it again after doing extra 1 min dmg to him ( 16 mil dmg with 3 min of extra selfheals) then i lost aggro on it 3 times more after every ~19 mil dmg without waiting stoping dps

my conclusion, i dont think cleric tanks are bugged, i dont think priest is bugged with that 6 min aggro drop, i think there is a problem with aggro it self (and clerics are only ones seeing it cos they generate so much of it), i think aggro is capped, lets say at 100 mil, and it resets and you have to start from 0, not sure if it is just iorp or everywhere, not that easy (but doable) to find mob with enough hp and one that will stay in combat with you indefinitely in isolated envirement
    Last edited by Heinith; 07-30-2017 at 07:05 AM.

Plane Touched

The other three IROTP bosses drop aggro as well if the fight lasts long enough. Look for integer overflow in the aggro table.

Plane Touched

The aggro issue is easy enough to fix ... we can remove the auto-aggro
    Alternatively, you could do one or more of the following:
    • Take out whatever code disabled "/target high priest"
    • Put all of the reincarnated boss's attacks on cooldown for several seconds
    • Copy the aggro table from the boss's previous incarnation
    • Auto-aggro only those who have guard enabled

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguss View Post
    Alternatively, you could do one or more of the following:
    • Take out whatever code disabled "/target high priest"
    • Put all of the reincarnated boss's attacks on cooldown for several seconds
    • Copy the aggro table from the boss's previous incarnation
    • Auto-aggro only those who have guard enabled
    I'd like to add to that: give the toon who is closest when he spawns an agro advantage.... it's not like the tank who is supposed to pick up the boss isn't usually standing right under him yelling insults.

+ Reply to Thread