+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Raid Support Changes

Default Raid Support Changes

Jotted down a few notes re changes to support classes after watching

RIFTSTREAM: 11:30AM PDT, June 9 - Primal Urges!

Type A – Easier to Play
    Planned changes:

-Lockout will fall off when you die or leave combat.

1) Archon:

-Buff to Archon’s Bulwark.
    -adding more sustained damage.
    -Losing all penalties it applies to itself.

2) Beastmaster: 61 Point Investment:

-Gaping Wounds - -will be changed from 45s CD to a 15s CD
    -you will not need to juggle tons of bleeds.

Type B Supports – Oracle/Bard
    Planned Changes:

-No major changes or big fixes.
    -Fixed bugs on 6/7 will be on the PTS- sometime soon.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please feel free to add any info I might have missed or have incorrect.

Telaran

Don't forget nerfs to bard healing. Also, Primalist will be type A, for those not paying attention/returning to the game like me.

Rift Master

Unless things change a lot for the primalist support soul, it's gonna be type AAA+ . The changes to Archon and BM look cute i guess, but from BM's point of view it still has way more issues than that, not to mention buggs and missing abilities that the other two have.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    Unless things change a lot for the primalist support soul, it's gonna be type AAA+ .
    Here we just call it Tier S to make it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetheax View Post
    Don't forget nerfs to bard healing. Also, Primalist will be type A, for those not paying attention/returning to the game like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    Unless things change a lot for the primalist support soul, it's gonna be type AAA+ . The changes to Archon and BM look cute i guess, but from BM's point of view it still has way more issues than that, not to mention buggs and missing abilities that the other two have.
    Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Here we just call it Tier S to make it easier.
    Closer to AAA++++. Though I like the Type S nomenclature. Seems fitting.

When it gives the buffs the others provide, and can also pull 600K+ ST (I've not played it, but this is info is from one of our Primalists). All the others become has beens and tossed, ney, forceably thrown, to the wayside.
    DimplesWarrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    DweiaRogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    LaurieCleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples View Post

When it gives the buffs the others provide, and can also pull 600K+ ST (I've not played it, but this is info is from one of our Primalists). All the others become has beens and tossed, ney, forceably thrown, to the wayside.
    I dont think the essentially passive 100% uptime flaring power that mystic provides can be paralleled by other supports. And the 20% casting speed increase, I know some specs are going to love that a lot.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    I dont think the essentially passive 100% uptime flaring power that mystic provides can be paralleled by other supports. And the 20% casting speed increase, I know some specs are going to love that a lot.
    It can't go live the way it sits now.

If I did you might as well just delete all the other support classes' trees. They'll never be used again.

But knowing Trion love for making new souls completely over powered at launch I could see it. Which is truly a sad thing if you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples View Post

Finally got around to messing with Mystic myself on PTS. First 31 point spec I put together, first parse, literally 1 button:

Raid Support Changes-31mystic.jpg

37129 AP 28763 PC 5015 CP no eternal, no synergy crystal

So I imagine well geared Primalist mains will do a fair bit better.

EDIT: If you swap out 0pt Primal Lord and Leg Scything for 0pt Maelstrom and Leg Scald, adding a second button (ooooo scary) it gets a bit better:

Raid Support Changes-lolsupport.jpg
    Last edited by Stihl; 06-12-2017 at 07:51 AM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Quote Originally Posted by Dizbo View Post

2) Beastmaster: 61 Point Investment:

-Gaping Wounds - -will be changed from 45s CD to a 15s CD
    -you will not need to juggle tons of bleeds.
    BM still needs more changes than that. Its flaring is inferior to archon, and twin cuts is still a melee-only ability. It also has nothing similar to power drain.

However, given the above mentioned parse, I guess none of these suggestions matter since Mystic will blow every support out of the water with zero effort.

Ascendant

Primalist Mystic looks incredible.
    1/2 button support with good dps output rivaling typical dps.
    Unparalleled support abilities.
    I wonder what Trion can do to BM or Archon so they are in the same league as Mystic.

Telaran

There are just a few things which have to change:
    Leg-Invigorating Gale has to tic every 6 sec like leg-Forced Apathy.
    Share the Wealth going down from 20 to 10%.
    Tainted Winds should be halved to 450% and should be able to crit.
    Dmg of all cast time abilities reduced by 10% excluding Forced Apathy.
    Redirect Power not affecting leg-Forced Apathy.

Should be enough to bring it more in line with BM dmg-wise.
    Last edited by legitN; 06-12-2017 at 11:03 AM.

They said on the stream they are intentionally, BY DESIGN, making Mythic a 1 button spec. I believe that it probably will be OP at first until everything is settled.

Rift isn't exactly a balanced game in any sense with how many soul combos their are. However, if it is truly insane, it will be brought back in line, like every other spec before it.

I fully plan to play a Primalist Support/Healer once everything is sorted out. My poor Primalist has been sitting max level for over a year with nothing to do. I strongly dislike the level of paying attention I need to play Maelstrom properly, lol.
    HotGarbage | Healer | PRIME

Quote Originally Posted by WildKatt View Post
    They said on the stream they are intentionally, BY DESIGN, making Mythic a 1 button spec. I believe that it probably will be OP at first until everything is settled.

Rift isn't exactly a balanced game in any sense with how many soul combos their are. However, if it is truly insane, it will be brought back in line, like every other spec before it.

I fully plan to play a Primalist Support/Healer once everything is sorted out. My poor Primalist has been sitting max level for over a year with nothing to do. I strongly dislike the level of paying attention I need to play Maelstrom properly, lol.
    I would say reaching 700k DPS as a support is already truly insane. That and it having better raid buffs than BM or archon. This class cannot go live as it is.

Ascendant

Wow you saw what mystic is on pts and you still publicly expressed that you do not see any problem with it.

Mad respect to you sir.

They said on the stream they are intentionally, BY DESIGN, making Mythic a 1 button spec.
    If this is true. holy ****, trion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast