+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sing

Thread: Cleric dps

Rift Chaser

Default Cleric dps

For high priest specifically what are clerics running I saw the orphanage kill video and seems the greens were topping the chart(aside from rogue aoe). I have heard all too much that "cleric dps has been kneecapped" and I just need some confirmation if it's people running bad specs or just bad people.

At what point of dps with raidbuffs do I say this cleric is underperforming or performing where cleric is capable of?

Rift Master

From what i know our clerics play shaman on that fight.

Telaran

The clerics in that video are pulling 500-600k, which is pretty good, but in my raid i do that much and I'm on the bottom of the dps charts, all the mages and warriors in my raid do 700-800k.

To be fair, I'm only at 2.5k CP and most of them have higher stats than me, but relatively I have decent gear (50k SP). If you play cleric and you're bad you won't get over 500k dps. If you play it well you'll be where they are in that video, but I haven't seen any cleric who can do 800k dps yet, and several people in every other class that can.

A good cleric with decent gear should be able to do 400-500k easily with raid buffs in Shaman, maybe a little less in Inquisitor. More than that is min-maxing and having good frags/essences, which comes slower than gear.

Edit: If you are a cleric and you pull 700k+, pls pm me your stats + parses. If it's possible I want to see it haha.
    Last edited by Vetheax; 05-30-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Soulwalker

Yeah it really depends on your gear and min maxing those rotations. Right now on Siligen I get over 620k with Inquisitor and I've been told that he's a tough fight for Inqui and it actually seemed very easy for me to play.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Vetheax View Post
    A good cleric with decent gear should be able to do 400-500k easily with raid buffs in Shaman, maybe a little less in Inquisitor. More than that is min-maxing and having good frags/essences, which comes slower than gear.
    Hmm... those numbers seem fairly low, giving that a cabalist can do 450k+ ST dps on Arakhurn

Rift Disciple

Clerics were overnerfed in 4.1. At this time he is at the button in DPS, Heal and Support but very good if you want to play tank. The best dps specs are Shamen and Inquisitor. Defiler did well in 4.0. but died in 4.1 because Shaman did more cleave and st-dps. The oracle hasnt a 2nd raidbuffs like archons lava field so nobody wants it. Dont buy the servicepacks - is a waste of money because this specs are useless for clerics execpt Runenshaper.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by makerofwidows View Post
    For high priest specifically what are clerics running I saw the orphanage kill video and seems the greens were topping the chart(aside from rogue aoe). I have heard all too much that "cleric dps has been kneecapped" and I just need some confirmation if it's people running bad specs or just bad people.

At what point of dps with raidbuffs do I say this cleric is underperforming or performing where cleric is capable of?
    Take a bard/phys, archon and inquisitor for clinging spirits. It will make life easier for everyone. If your dps is too low then yeah its those other classes. Cleric should not be topping parses at the same gear score/level as other classes. Inq will perform less than shaman if the player is not skilled but it will bring raid dps up more which actually can amount to better total raid dps for bringing inquisitor. And to be honest a well played inquisitor which takes more effort than shaman will be better for some fights just because of clinging spirit and also being competitive with shaman. If you think cleric isn't bottom and if it is said by any other class then they just don't know how to play their class well. Other class can provide the same buff like primalist.. so you can just replace the clerics entirely as support and dps and have an even easier faceroll experience. Cleric is only good at tanking which is definitely replaceable but i would say BiS because of healing and IBR and bard/phys(it is a hybrid spec not a 61 bard/ phys) in the raid will make healing so much a joke that even OP warden is not necessary for ALL fights in that raid so you can replace it with any AoE healing soul from any class particularly ones that can actually provide better dps when aoe healing. If rogues don't want to play bard/phys for cleanses and providing both healers and dps support directly then that is the key issue. Bard/Phys will just make life easier for all bosses especially for cleanse duty as well.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 05-30-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Iillia Raydan View Post
    Yeah it really depends on your gear and min maxing those rotations. Right now on Siligen I get over 620k with Inquisitor and I've been told that he's a tough fight for Inqui and it actually seemed very easy for me to play.
    Silgen doesn't seem difficult for Inquisitor. The only thing I can think of is if you get red circles spawning on you and you have to interrupt BoR a few times...that's about it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    Hmm... those numbers seem fairly low, giving that a cabalist can do 450k+ ST dps on Arakhurn
    Just giving some baseline numbers. I wanna see the breakdown of a cab that can do 450k ST dps though.

Shadowlander

Just giving some baseline numbers. I wanna see the breakdown of a cab that can do 450k ST dps though.
    I don't have the breakdown, but I ran cab for our first (Trinity) kill. Overall phase 3 dps was 490k, with something like 449k on the boss, and the rest on the add.

I'm pretty sure this is the spec.
    Last edited by Jkay; 05-31-2017 at 07:17 AM.

Your dps can drop if you get turn into a flame spirit during RC.. You need sometime to learn the fight.. its not like sin or other classes that can just sit on the boss most of the fight. You have channels, cast times.. and have to see whats proper rotation.. Like I have been saying for awhile now having a 2 min cooldown for burst could be unrecoverable damage in some fights if the RNG hates you. It is because , in my opinion, mechanical balancing is best way to start balancing classes.. just numbers is not only the point. This is why I always say in my threads from a mechanical point of view PvP shows the massive outliers but the class devs don't want to hear that sort of stuff I guess..balancing around a standing test dummy like they did for RS/Druid and not considering the implementations of target switching and movement..for example.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 06-01-2017 at 03:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread