+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: TD (LFR) --- Does the queue ever pop?

Shadowlander

Default TD (LFR) --- Does the queue ever pop?

AS per title. I am a patron. I sit in queue for 8hrs+ and not a single pop.
    Are people just not doing this anymore? And if not then how can returning players ever expect to get into the IROTP ? I leveled hard on my rogue when they handed everyone the xpack, worked hard to get into experts, farm the crud outta them, now I need into a TD, so I am trying to use the LFR system, and it just never pops.

Am I alone in this struggle? Whats a better way to get gear for the tier raid?
    1,009,093 QQ Threads abolished, 9,089,897,324,323 Trolls murdered.

People do Tartaric Depths all the time. But no one uses the queue. People form groups and walk in.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Telaran

0 incentive to use the tool. People just use the chat to form groups.

Champion

Which I find hilarious since you can find 50 pages of people begging for LFR on the forums and now that we have it people refuse to use it.

If you seen the latest livestream, they addressed this problem and they said the best way to do dungeons / raids is to find a guild.
    Rdy@faeblight
    [Casually Elite] Gaming Community
    www.casuallyelite.enjin.com

Rift Master

Nobody uses it. LFR was bug ridden and didn't work well when it was released. That may have something to do with people's unwillingness to use it. There are still serious constraints when you use LFR that make it a "no go" for most groups. For example, if someone goes LD I think they still get booted and you will be assigned some random person from the queue instead of having the option to wait 5 min for your DC person to return.

I distinctly remember that the main argument of those crying for LFR was that they played odd hours and had trouble finding a regular run or that they are recluses (or whatever) and just don't want to interact with other people enough to get into pug raids. LFR doesn't have the power to solve the first issue, and for it to solve the 2nd issue, the population of the game would have to be much larger.

I'm pretty sure that several people pointed out that this is not "that other game" where LFR seems to work and that solutions from "that other game" won't necessarily work in RIFT.

The best way is to get into a guild. The 2nd best way is to watch cross events and try to get into a pug. There's tons of them and in most cases, the requirements are a reasonable level of DPS, following basic instructions, and not dying in stupid all the time.

Shadowlander

well here is the problem, ppl don't want anyone under 2200 hit it seems for TD.
    Again, what are returning players suppose to do? We spent the time through the sluggish 5 levels, we get into experts, gear up as max as we could, now for us to progress, we need to do TD.

At least "in that other game" there is 20+ groups looking for members and once your item level was is high enough getting in a group isn't hard.

Its very discouraging to find out, that past the leveling and dungeon experience, that new / returning players has nothing to do since people want overly geared ppl for a TD run.

Now I kinda remember why I quit back in SL days. And more than likely will be the full reason I unsub and quit this game again.

Talk about discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrynne View Post
    well here is the problem, ppl don't want anyone under 2200 hit it seems for TD.
    Again, what are returning players suppose to do? We spent the time through the sluggish 5 levels, we get into experts, gear up as max as we could, now for us to progress, we need to do TD.

At least "in that other game" there is 20+ groups looking for members and once your item level was is high enough getting in a group isn't hard.

Its very discouraging to find out, that past the leveling and dungeon experience, that new / returning players has nothing to do since people want overly geared ppl for a TD run.

Now I kinda remember why I quit back in SL days. And more than likely will be the full reason I unsub and quit this game again.

Talk about discouraging.
    I've actually never seen anyone asking for 2200 hit for TD. Actually, most of the time they don't ask for hit at all.
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I've actually never seen anyone asking for 2200 hit for TD. Actually, most of the time they don't ask for hit at all.
    Where? All day today I am turned away cause every, and I am being serious, EVERY group wants 2200 hit. Its very discouraging. I raid in that other game, in a top 50 guild in progression. RIFT is a BREEZE. But really ticks me off that its just this hard to progress.
    Is a monday a bad day to try to raid? Its a holiday and figured more ppl would be on.
    Perhaps I need into a bigger guild? The guild I am in has low pop and did their TD when I was still expert gearing.

Would just love to find a home where there is actual activity, and progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrynne View Post
    Where? All day today I am turned away cause every, and I am being serious, EVERY group wants 2200 hit. Its very discouraging. I raid in that other game, in a top 50 guild in progression. RIFT is a BREEZE. But really ticks me off that its just this hard to progress.
    Is a monday a bad day to try to raid? Its a holiday and figured more ppl would be on.
    Perhaps I need into a bigger guild? The guild I am in has low pop and did their TD when I was still expert gearing.

Would just love to find a home where there is actual activity, and progression.
    What region are you on? On NA, crossevents usually just says "LFM TD need heals" or something along those lines. I personally have never been asked for my hit and I join pugs constantly.

Rift Master

Just chiming in here. My experience mirrors Artewig's. I pug TD a lot (on 3-4 toons, 2 on NA 2 on EU) and have never been asked for my hit. Hell, only one of my toons even has 2200 hit!

There was one right now on NA. Didn't even require a role.

We had a group for TD today, did not make it thru LFR. No one was by the entrance, so we used the LFG to enter,, could not! Someone had to run and enter us that way.. Seems kinda broken.

Rift Master

As far as LFR yea no the vast majority of people don't use it. This isn't even surprising because long before they started work on it it was outlined a million reasons why it wasn't a good time investment on their part.
    It's very much a case like the people who QQ about CQ premades, saying that without premades they'd CQ all the time. Only once premades were all but removed from CQ all that happened was CQ died completely because they listened to the wrong group of players, THE CASUAL NON COMMITTED ONES.

On NA I can't say I recall people ever asking for 2.2k for TD, only ever seen that for iRoTP cuz well you need 2200 hit to well hit things, most simply ask for a role or ask for a certain, usually 300k, amount of dps.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by legitN View Post
    0 incentive to use the tool. People just use the chat to form groups.
    As an introvert: WHY NOT?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast