+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: High priest bugged?

Rift Chaser

Default High priest bugged?

During phase 2 of the high priest fight we can't seem to do anything that prevents the adds from despawning. Last week we ran into this issue and two solutions prevented it while also granting us more dps time on their run back to the priest. Pulling adds behind the LoS pillar and pulling adds about half way up the hill.

This week we tried those two methods, we tried fighting the adds right on the edge of lava, we tried pulling adds to the passage way into lava on the other side of pillar and nothing has prevented the adds from despawning about 10 seconds in and resetting the priest.

It worked a couple pulls last week and we got to phase three with 1 or 2 stacks so I know how the mechanic works of them running back to the boss but this issue isn't not doing enough dps as they simply despawn and reset the boss not turn and run back. It is kind of frustrating because we can't even see if we need to adjust roles to add more or less ae for this phase
    Last edited by makerofwidows; 05-18-2017 at 07:40 AM.

Telaran

This issue is in the level 50 raid too and I assumed that's why we got the patch notes 'you will remain in combat in between phases' on the Priest. This happens to me when I attempt to solo the raid (been doing wardrobe runs) and killing adds instantly or holding DPS doesn't change a thing. I even had the Phase 1 and Phase 3 Priest up at the same time for about 5 seconds.

Shadowlander

Default That's not the only bug

So on 3rd phase have an add spawn when he die he drop a crystal who ever pick up the crystal get ....... wait SHOULD get 100% dps boost that last for 30sec same person cant pick op more then 1 crystal but the crystal is bugged and wont give the dps boost as far as right now since its broken no one that I know of could finish the fight with enrage 7min on last phase this week.

Yeah I'm assuming Vladd took the DPS boost from the crystal into account when he made the enrage timer. With it not working on most skills who knows.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

The enrage crystal is "working". However, it is not working as intended. If it was actually working as intended, it would probably trivialize the entirety of phase 3. So, the dilemma here for us is to either leave it "as is" or fix it then massively increase difficulty to compensate.

Given the fixes that I put in this past week which were a round about increase in difficulty of the encounter already, I opted to let the crystal ride as is for the moment. As a general rule, we don't like to buff encounters after they have gone live. This isn't to say that I won't continue to think of ways to "fix it" without disrupting the current balance of phase 3 though. If I come up with something clever, I'll certainly make it happen.

As for the resetting in phase 2, I only saw this when the Spawns of Arakhurn were not engaged... either through a group wipe or ignoring them. If they aren't engaged within a certain amount of time, the reset counter starts and the encounter resets to phase 1. If anyone can give solid repro steps or a video, I'd be happy to look into it and see if there is an edge case there that might be resetting them even though they are in combat.
    Lead Designer - RIFT

Shadowlander

Default the rest bug

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    The enrage crystal is "working". However, it is not working as intended. If it was actually working as intended, it would probably trivialize the entirety of phase 3. So, the dilemma here for us is to either leave it "as is" or fix it then massively increase difficulty to compensate.

Given the fixes that I put in this past week which were a round about increase in difficulty of the encounter already, I opted to let the crystal ride as is for the moment. As a general rule, we don't like to buff encounters after they have gone live. This isn't to say that I won't continue to think of ways to "fix it" without disrupting the current balance of phase 3 though. If I come up with something clever, I'll certainly make it happen.

As for the resetting in phase 2, I only saw this when the Spawns of Arakhurn were not engaged... either through a group wipe or ignoring them. If they aren't engaged within a certain amount of time, the reset counter starts and the encounter resets to phase 1. If anyone can give solid repro steps or a video, I'd be happy to look into it and see if there is an edge case there that might be resetting them even though they are in combat.

so I don't have a video of last night to show you the bug I can try to find someone to do it tonight but this whats going on when phase 2 starting the adds spawn we get agro on them and start to nuke them but as soon as we try to pull them outside the lave to the ground in order to give us time to dps them down its reset. should not be any issue with the fact that's we try to pull them out of the lava that's was the original fight anyhow and never had a problem with that till last update.

Bab
    Soulwalker

Same thing happened to us last night. Had 2 tanks each grab a group and didn't matter where we tried to tank them, after about 10s they would just despawn. Adds were definitely engaged and boss had not reappeared for phase 3. This happened several times.

Telaran

So when will fundamental fixes come to the encounter? The Fire Nova visual warning is still working like in Vanilla and can vary up to 2-3 seconds...means if you are melee and get knocked up you can't hide before you die on Fire Nova...sure you can make your own timers for Fire Nova but relying on third party tools is bad design and after 6 years a fix for this would be nice.
    Then you have Lava Sprout the so super melee friendly mechanic that it can double tics sometimes killing you 100% of the time. In addition to that is the base dmg so high that it one shots you with even one tic with full LFR gear, 15% additional dmg reduction in the soul and running a Bard. Lava Sprout hits around 350k(260k with double sup and more dmg redcutions) and Slow Burn on high stacks for 100k so how should I get 450k hp as a melee?

Why can't we have one time a fix before swinging the mad nerf hammer on players?!
    Last edited by legitN; 05-18-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Rift Chaser

not sure what any of that crystal stuff means as we havent been able to see the 3rd phase yet this week. i will try and record the second phase but i can assure you we are aggroing the spawns and dealing damage to them, then poof they're gone.

Rift Disciple

Here's your videos mate... And yeah, the crystals aren't giving any damage boost when we got to it last week. Can't get to that phase at all this week.

One
    Two
    Three

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Rift Team

Appreciate the videos but I dug around and found out how it could have happened. The reset timer that starts counting if the spawns are out of combat (thus the raid has wiped) was getting fired off and causing the reset in some cases. I got a fix in for it and will have OPS push it up to the servers tonight. Great thing about this is because it isn't in a dataset, it doesn't require downtime at all. All new instances of iRotP that spin up after it gets pushed will just simply have the fix.

If you are currently in an instance of iRotP when it gets pushed, pop out, wait 15 minutes, then jump back in and it should have the fix too.
    Last edited by Vladd; 05-18-2017 at 03:49 PM.
    Lead Designer - RIFT

I got a fix in for it and will have OPS push it up to the servers tonight.

I want to be part of the "oops" team.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhyeyeon View Post
    Here's your videos mate... And yeah, the crystals aren't giving any damage boost when we got to it last week. Can't get to that phase at all this week.

One
    Two
    Three
    looks about right

If the crystal was working as intended then it seems the dps increase does not weight more than the total dps you put into killing the add, at least thats what we seen from last week.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

I've been informed by OPS that the fix should be live now.
    Lead Designer - RIFT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast