+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: High priest bugged?

Quote Originally Posted by MisakaMikoto View Post
    Watch invincible's kill video, taunt before casting is complete and both tanks is not losing each other.
    This is not whats happening at all, it is simply bugged, i am out and taunted boss with at least 25% left on nova cast, and i am never out of los of my off tank. It STILL ticks me with phoenix sight.

I have even tested going out and eating 30-40% of nova, but no, still get ticked.
    Last edited by KiwiRage; 05-28-2017 at 11:27 PM.
    ~Palmyy@Laethys~
    ~Nefarious MT Primalist
    Nefarious ~ 9/9 MoM(2/2 HM) ~ 4/4 HM CoA, NA #1
    Retired, pending how crap T2 is...

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiRage View Post
    This is not whats happening at all, it is simply bugged, i am out and taunted boss with at least 25% left on nova cast, and i am never out of los of my off tank. It STILL ticks me with phoenix sight.

I have even tested going out and eating 30-40% of nova, but no, still get ticked.
    Ensure that when boss finishes casting, it is within your taunting buff duration also, taunt + attacking as usual before it finishes casting and also after it finishes casting, have tanks swap before each nova casting is finished (recommended 2-3 seconds left on nova casting), and also notice your ground position when you swap by taunt + attack.

Play it around few times during progression and you should notice, or the least watch invincible's video few times paying attention to tank swapping, and may be you will get some idea out of that too.

PS. If it wasn't me that los few times when swapping or force teleporting adds that made boss reset, or play around here and there, my guild blames me for not getting world 3rd or 4th.

Another important note that i feel the need to be mentioned: there is no such thing as bug free software, as long as it is programmed by humans. Every software has bugs. Depending on situations, some bugs have higher chances, some have lower or extreme lower chances and some requires certain pre-conditions to be fulfilled in order to happen. Which is what i mentioned in the first paragraph, behave in a certain way to try to reduce the chances for bugs to happen.
    Last edited by MisakaMikoto; 05-29-2017 at 12:06 AM.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    Seems fair I guess, doesn't stop me from giving Munch crap though :P

Back to bugs on High Priest. There's a huge delay, at least for us Aussies with the boss changing targets after fire nova. We have the tank out in the middle with the boss taunted and sometimes it still thinks the tank is behind the rock. I know there's ways to work around this but things like this make it harder for new guilds to progress.

Also the invisible lava spout thing. I remember this was clearly visible in vanilla. Now we have people dying to that plus a tick of slow burn. Can we either reduce the damage on the invisible mechanic or fix it so we can see it. I have seen the circle show up a few times but it's mostly invisible. Graphics are set to max.
    We never had this issue. Either bubbles or I would run out with 1-1.5s left of the cast, then the OT would run all the way up on the rock and taunt because in the final phase @ 25% the boss randomly generates threat on the closest target, so you need a tank up front.

Dying to lava burst + slow burn can mean a few things:

1) Your heals aren't healing right.
    2) You have the wrong group make up for group mit.
    3) People aren't spreading out correctly and getting too many stacks of slow burn.
    4) Your players aren't geared enough & need to run endurance vials.

On our first kill with 3 heals (Bardphys FK & something else) we had people getting 1 shot, so we had to barrier people to boost their health instead of the tanks and make them run endurance vials.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call those rogue heals balanced or not broke.
    where is all that shielding coming from that these guys are consistently 50% shielded while boss has 4 stacks in phase 3 and they're waiting on elemental. it looks like they're taking very very minimal damage from stacked up slow burns.

that being said i have a thread over in dungeons and raids wondering where cleric dps should be at and seeing it beat harb in ST with a chon and bard leaves me curious if these mages are underperforming and the clerics are just average because with solely a bard i was pretty sustained at around 700k dps as a harb and it went up in phase 2 and 3 from blademark

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by makerofwidows View Post
    where is all that shielding coming from that these guys are consistently 50% shielded while boss has 4 stacks in phase 3 and they're waiting on elemental. it looks like they're taking very very minimal damage from stacked up slow burns.

that being said i have a thread over in dungeons and raids wondering where cleric dps should be at and seeing it beat harb in ST with a chon and bard leaves me curious if these mages are underperforming and the clerics are just average because with solely a bard i was pretty sustained at around 700k dps as a harb and it went up in phase 2 and 3 from blademark
    Wait you say you can beat clerics and then say others who play mage can't and you want people to tell you they suck? I don't get it.. Lol. Anyway, that orphanage video with the clerics who did under 700K at end of fight is pretty good dps for inquisitor. Harb is best in that fight and pyro and inquisitor are pretty close in dps but the inquisitor brings clinging spirits so pyro shouldn't be used on that fight if dps is a problem. Harb, inquisitor are best. But you also have a short time to change roles sometimes in that fight you can actually switch to shaman( I am not on that fight) but from what I remember from old raid you can switch to another role for aoe.. Like start off fight with inq then switch to shaman for aoe etc. Fights not that complicated. Bard/phys and archon the way they are now makes it pretty simple. Tanks should use there intercept( they can use it on eachother every 2mins.) and thier soul stream or planar shielding(masteries.) It helps. Rogue tank actually can do well on that fight because of all their cooldowns. Some of the strongest in the game.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 05-30-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Wait you say you can beat clerics and then say others who play mage can't and you want people to tell you they suck? I don't get it.. Lol. Anyway, that orphanage video with the clerics who did under 700K at end of fight is pretty good dps for inquisitor. .
    im constantly hearing that cleric dps is awful and then i see a kill video with 2 clerics outdpsing what should be one of the best overall specs for that fight. i guess i worded my question poorly and you sort of answered it, but i was wondering if these were people pushing cleric dps to its limits alongside slacker mages or if this is what should be normal for a cleric. either way i know these mages are on the lower end for dps. i want to know if these are really really high performing clerics creating a skewed appearance or if the woe is cleric dps has merit.
    Last edited by makerofwidows; 05-30-2017 at 06:28 PM.

They aren't 50% shielded. You're looking at the raid frames wrong. With the standard raid frames, when you use a shield, it shows the current shielding and it also shows the cap. If you look closely, you can see the gap between the two. The shielding done isn't nearly 50%, but it is coming from the Phystact. Expectant Treatment gives shielding (if they put the point in) and also Simultaneous Treatment from overhealing.
    R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Dying to lava burst + slow burn can mean a few things:

1) Your heals aren't healing right.
    2) You have the wrong group make up for group mit.
    3) People aren't spreading out correctly and getting too many stacks of slow burn.
    4) Your players aren't geared enough & need to run endurance vials.
    Not my first dance, your reply is understandable but the mechanic is mostly invisible. Random deaths to the spout plus a tick of slow burn is what's happening. Yeh having more health will definitely help but we shouldn't have to stack shield bots to survive this. When the circle is visible we have plenty of time to move out of it.

The point of my post is that we shouldn't have to come up with workarounds for something that the devs need to fix.

im constantly hearing that cleric dps is awful and then i see a kill video with 2 clerics outdpsing what should be one of the best overall specs for that fight. i guess i worded my question poorly and you sort of answered it, but i was wondering if these were people pushing cleric dps to its limits alongside slacker mages or if this is what should be normal for a cleric. either way i know these mages are on the lower end for dps. i want to know if these are really really high performing clerics creating a skewed appearance or if the woe is cleric dps has merit.
    I keep hearing a lot of this too. I feel like it's mostly because they see certain other specs bursting twice as high as they are. I have seen a lot of decent mage and cleric parses. Sitting around 500-600k without an eternal. I feel that is roughly the average dps everyone should be at without maxing frags, etc. Even when Tempest's initial burst ends, they settle around that area too. I would be upset too if I saw another class bursting to 2mil (Nerf Sergeant's Order!) then the dps meter resets between phases and again you see a massive burst.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Rift Chaser

Not my first dance, your reply is understandable but the mechanic is mostly invisible. Random deaths to the spout plus a tick of slow burn is what's happening. Yeh having more health will definitely help but we shouldn't have to stack shield bots to survive this. When the circle is visible we have plenty of time to move out of it.

The point of my post is that we shouldn't have to come up with workarounds for something that the devs need to fix.

I keep hearing a lot of this too. I feel like it's mostly because they see certain other specs bursting twice as high as they are. I have seen a lot of decent mage and cleric parses. Sitting around 500-600k without an eternal. I feel that is roughly the average dps everyone should be at without maxing frags, etc. Even when Tempest's initial burst ends, they settle around that area too. I would be upset too if I saw another class bursting to 2mil (Nerf Sergeant's Order!) then the dps meter resets between phases and again you see a massive burst.
    Edit: Yes after reading this is the case. They kind of do normalize with mages in certain scenarios. But other classes primalist, rogue, warrior not so much. I would say base should be around 500K with cleric for IROTP and you have a decent enough cleric to complete it as long as other classes can make up for it which they should be able to.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 05-31-2017 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    You have to look at other kill videos not cherry pick one and those players. Mages are ending fight, especially harb with much higher dps than 650Kish..
    Not really sure which part of my post you're talking about. I am agreeing that Mages and Clerics can pull decent numbers. I was just stating the average I have seen with moderately geared players.

If you're talking about RoTP. I am not really cherry picking anything out of any videos?

Oh, didnt realise that they were meant to be visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Oh, didnt realise that they were meant to be visible.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVnYsOQ_BTg

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    With today's patch, there are flame barriers around Arakhurn's encounter area. The barriers come up after 10s of being engaged with him so might want to make sure everyone is close by before starting combat.

we've just experienced a case in wich, after a wipe and respawn, the flame wall was still present, and boss apparently resetted and no one with active threat. party locked OUT of the fire wall.
    even disbanding and re-entering did not solve
    ofter many tries, only way to try to inc the boss was: if someone died in some ways externally, the flame wall went down, all the people got in, and ressed the dead.

but the encounter had started yet so the fire wall regularly comes up after 10s but here's the problem:

there's something wrong with the slow burn stacks. even if it seemed to start the fight at zero stacks, and even if in the combat log there was no trace, we continued taking hugely incremented damage from slow burn

that's to say, for little stacks it still was healable, but when exiting from hide to nova and the reset didn't happen yet, the damage was about 200-300K PER TICK.

please note that we saw the damage numbers on us in the UI, but NO MENTION of this extra damages in the combat log

in this particular attempt, we were forced to desist, because there was no way to reset the boss, it seemed like there was a hidden slow burn multiplier damage. unfortunately, no video or screenshots.
    Last edited by Mystifal; 10-06-2017 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    in this particular attempt, we were forced to desist, because there was no way to reset the boss.
    1)Have a single person/pet pull boss.
    2)Everyone dies --DO NOT RESPAWN
    3)Wait for boss to reset
    4)Everyone respawns

If even a single person is alive it seems the fight can and will continue to stay locked out/randomly spawn lockout unless you let it completely reset by having entire raid die and stay dead long enough for it to reset.
    Last edited by Zehne; 10-06-2017 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    please note that we saw the damage numbers on us in the UI, but NO MENTION of this extra damages in the combat log
    unfortunately there's quite a lot that doesn't get written to the combatlog, which makes it difficult to track or prove
    NA#1 T-Rex. One of the token aussies for -Lemme Smash-
    RIP Coriolis.

PrancingTurtle online log parser

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast