+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: High priest bugged?

Quote Originally Posted by fearhi View Post
    So is the damage from the crystal not scaling since the level 50 raid or is it that only certain classes i.e. pre storm legion souls aren't working with the crystal? We have tried vulcanist, harb, marksman and assassin and non of those 4 seem to get a damage boost with crystal. Am asking cuz don't want to waste time on something that is just flat out not scaling.
    The crystal in the level 50 raid doesnt even boost dmg anymore... tried it last night to see if it still boosted something. This is ofc as a chloro, which we all know was boosted back in the day.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by fearhi View Post
    So is the damage from the crystal not scaling since the level 50 raid or is it that only certain classes i.e. pre storm legion souls aren't working with the crystal? We have tried vulcanist, harb, marksman and assassin and non of those 4 seem to get a damage boost with crystal. Am asking cuz don't want to waste time on something that is just flat out not scaling.
    Referring you back to Vladd's earlier post in this thread in case you missed it:

The enrage crystal is "working". However, it is not working as intended. If it was actually working as intended, it would probably trivialize the entirety of phase 3. So, the dilemma here for us is to either leave it "as is" or fix it then massively increase difficulty to compensate.

Given the fixes that I put in this past week which were a round about increase in difficulty of the encounter already, I opted to let the crystal ride as is for the moment. As a general rule, we don't like to buff encounters after they have gone live. This isn't to say that I won't continue to think of ways to "fix it" without disrupting the current balance of phase 3 though. If I come up with something clever, I'll certainly make it happen.

Rift Chaser

At this point, it seems the priority should be fixing the add phase. If the adds spawn, come out of the lava, and despawn no matter where you fight them (up the hill, up behind the rock, in the lava, right in front of the lava, etc) the fight is broken. We have been waiting since last week and now since Wednesday night to work on this boss and it is broken. We sat around waiting all night for a fix that it does not look like was ever put in or, if it was, the fix was not for the adds.

Cant you just put it back how it was last week and fix this on the PTS in a way that works and then deploy the fix next week? This should have been caught and tested and gamed out long before IROTP was deployed to the live servers. If a goof was made, then it should be left as is or the boss disabled until ready. It sucks that some guilds cleared this for the first and some of their alts took advantage of the problems with the boss to 3 tank and 5 healer it.

Soulwalker

Today is the last weekday, If adds despawn issue doesn't get resolved today, there might be a chance that no one will clear High Priest Arakhurn this week which impacts eternal weapon's progression.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Cyng View Post
    Referring you back to Vladd's earlier post in this thread in case you missed it:

The enrage crystal is "working". However, it is not working as intended. If it was actually working as intended, it would probably trivialize the entirety of phase 3. So, the dilemma here for us is to either leave it "as is" or fix it then massively increase difficulty to compensate.

Given the fixes that I put in this past week which were a round about increase in difficulty of the encounter already, I opted to let the crystal ride as is for the moment. As a general rule, we don't like to buff encounters after they have gone live. This isn't to say that I won't continue to think of ways to "fix it" without disrupting the current balance of phase 3 though. If I come up with something clever, I'll certainly make it happen.
    didn't miss the post but those 4 souls were not getting buffed by it so was asking if anyone had found one that has so we don't waste time trying more out. Seems like just ignoring the crystal is the best strat atm because its a dps loss to try and kill the add when you can be on the boss with the minimal if any boost we are getting from it.
    Last edited by fearhi; 05-19-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Yeah, the fix apparently didn't make it to the server so OPS is checking into what went wrong. I logged in on both US and EU this morning and confirmed that neither had the fix so we're looking into it.

Sorry folks. =(
    No worries man - sooner the better for fix though

Shadowlander

Default is it fixed yet?

so whats going on?
    any word?
    is it fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostlyrider View Post
    so whats going on?
    any word?
    is it fixed?
    Yes, it's fixed as of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Yes, it's fixed as of right now.
    Fixed +1. On a side note, tried the crystal, and it doesn't increase tooltip numbers at all.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

If only the fight was actually fixed to the extent Vladd said it would be.

If only people would learn that swapping specs mid encounter is a bad thing and actually tried to get legit kills by using a comp that handles all the phases.

Why does the #community feel like these are not quacking ducks...

sigh.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Deeew; 05-20-2017 at 11:10 AM.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Spoiler!
    True
    Spoiler!
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #42
    Rift Team

Just tested on live, the fix appears to have gotten up to the servers. Enjoy!
    Lead Designer - RIFT

24 minute kill on a fight with a stated 7 minute enrage on p3.

A year ago people were calling for Cori's heads for a kill 8 seconds over enrage.

In combat role swapping, graveyard zerging, out of combat rezzing, etc...

High priest bugged?-jokez.gif
    Last edited by Stihl; 05-20-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Rift has never been about doing things the right way. It's been about getting around doing them at all.
    70 Cleric Heptane@Greybriar
    70 Mage Pentane@Greybriar
    70 Primalist Veteris@Wolfsbane
    65 Rogue Tectus@Wolfsbane
    65 Warrior Alacer@Wolfsbane

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    24 minute kill on a fight with a stated 7 minute enrage on p3.

A year ago people were calling for Cori's heads for a kill 8 seconds over enrage.

In combat role swapping, graveyard zerging, out of combat rezzing, etc...

Attachment 31479
    Nowadays you claim world 1st or you let Team B clear the raid with such strats!!!
    Last edited by keepor; 05-20-2017 at 04:16 PM.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast