+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: High priest bugged?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Appreciate the videos but I dug around and found out how it could have happened. The reset timer that starts counting if the spawns are out of combat (thus the raid has wiped) was getting fired off and causing the reset in some cases. I got a fix in for it and will have OPS push it up to the servers tonight. Great thing about this is because it isn't in a dataset, it doesn't require downtime at all. All new instances of iRotP that spin up after it gets pushed will just simply have the fix.

If you are currently in an instance of iRotP when it gets pushed, pop out, wait 15 minutes, then jump back in and it should have the fix too.
    can we get like a server wide broadcast when this goes through?

Quote Originally Posted by makerofwidows View Post
    can we get like a server wide broadcast when this goes through?
    Post before yours is him saying its live

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Post before yours is him saying its live
    I've been informed by OPS that the fix should be live now.
    group reset after your post went and ran a TD 20 minutes later and i have witnessed the adds are still resetting

Will reset again though
    Last edited by makerofwidows; 05-18-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Shadowlander

Default still broken

so we did let it 15 min to reset and yet same problem nothing is fixed

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by makerofwidows View Post
    group reset after your post went and ran a TD 20 minutes later and i have witnessed the adds are still resetting

Will reset again though
    reset again no fix, adds still despawning 10 seconds after they spawn just like in park's videos. the only change is people are remaining in combat once the high priest dies. i guess we should have ran 3 tanks and 5 heals on the first week when there was no enrage or issues with adds....disappointing really

Rift Disciple

We attempted the boss at 8:30 server and got to phase 2, adds came out and then a few seconds later disappeared and the boss reset. So it's not fixed.. time wasted..

Shadowlander

Default Is it going to really be fixed?

Or we just need to give up and wait till new raid comes out ?
    Wait TD should be the next Raid right?
    But TD is broken as well and the phases overlap on 1st boss and we can just ignore that atm but its going to be a problem when its going to be a real raid.
    Vladd I'm sorry if I sound a lil tempered but you asked for video you got it buddy, you said its fixed and its not how about come with us spend the evening with us and see for yourself ?
    hell I will give you my raid spot if its needed.

phoenix adds still despawn after fix, tried 15min reset, still bugged.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Shadowlander

Default Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by MisakaMikoto View Post
    phoenix adds still despawn after fix, tried 15min reset, still bugged.
    Epic I thought raids were supposed to work when the got released. My bad

Default Adds still despawn 8s-9s into 2nd phase

Heard rumors about this being fixed/unfixed, decided to give it a try, we tried at least 5 times (up to 2nd phase), adds despawn every single time despite the adds' position they are at, they despawn around 9 seconds into the 2nd phase.

If you are currently in an instance of iRotP when it gets pushed, pop out, wait 15 minutes, then jump back in and it should have the fix too.
    Also tried this, reset didn't work apparently, even though it's a fresh start. It *could've* been this added mechanic breaking the adds
    * Once you start the encounter for High Priest Arakhurn, you will now be in combat till either you kill his final form or the raid wipes."
    or
    * All bosses will now enrage at 7 minutes in on their encounter. This applies to phase 3 for High Priest Arakhurn.
    Just my speculations

On a side note, here are the bug lists from last week:

- Planar Attraction from Rogue's Riftstalker ability will despawn adds at a 100% successful rates, pre-patch. So even if the new post-patch new adds despawn glitch gets fixed, Planar Attraction is still going to despawn adds without being notified.

- Ereandorn (1st Boss) can be killed outside of the map (pulled by tanks/stealths/pets), which is inside the entrance room, people can just respawn and keep DPSing the boss and ignore enrage timer as well, I strongly recommend that reset range is added to bosses to avoid unnecessary suspensions from this exploit.

The enrage crystal is "working". However, it is not working as intended. If it was actually working as intended, it would probably trivialize the entirety of phase 3. So, the dilemma here for us is to either leave it "as is" or fix it then massively increase difficulty to compensate.
    - High Priest Arakhurn's small birdy adds (3rd phase) that supposedly spawn enrage crystals, they do a little to none (based on experience, <10% damage boost), progression raids will definitely stuck going through attempting to kill the adds while they could be killing the boss instead, to avoid confusions (We wiped 20+ times during progression, as the enrage crystal from RotP roughly doubles the DPS), I strongly support implementing a fix as it is necessary for QoL purposes
    Last edited by huangchingho; 05-19-2017 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    - Planar Attraction from Rogue's Riftstalker ability will despawn adds at a 100% successful rates, pre-patch. So even if the new post-patch new adds despawn glitch gets fixed, Planar Attraction is still going to despawn adds without being notified.
    Hey!! That's not my fault for breaking it everytime i tries to pull!! look on the bright side that i finally figured it was me though for making adds despawn in the first week. :P

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    - High Priest Arakhurn's small birdy adds (3rd phase) that supposedly spawn enrage crystals, they do a little to none (based on experience, <10% damage boost), progression raids will definitely stuck trying to kill the add while they could be killing the boss instead, to avoid confusions (We wiped 20+ times during progression, as the enrage crystal from RotP roughly doubles the DPS), I suppose a fix is necessary for QoL purposes
    Shhh!! everyone is smart enough to do a simple maths that adds of 48.6M requires a person dps with 600k 81 seconds to kill it, boosting his dps by 10% for 30 seconds is a 60kx30 = a total of 1.8M increase but a loss of 46.8M when that could be on boss on a 1 to 1 basis.
    Especially with the timer changed to 7min, doubt anyone is willing to spend more dps on an adds with tiny returns, unless it has returns that worth the dps we put into it.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Quote Originally Posted by MisakaMikoto View Post
    Hey!! That's not my fault for breaking it everytime i tries to pull!! look on the bright side that i finally figured it was me though for making adds despawn in the first week. :P

Shhh!! everyone is smart enough to do a simple maths that adds of 48.6M requires a person dps with 600k 81 seconds to kill it, boosting his dps by 10% for 30 seconds is a 60kx30 = a total of 1.8M increase but a loss of 46.8M when that could be on boss on a 1 to 1 basis.
    Especially with the timer changed to 7min, doubt anyone is willing to spend more dps on an adds with tiny returns, unless it has returns that worth the dps we put into it.
    That's why you kill the add during the Los rock where you aren't dpsing the boss anyway.
    Papyrusl Asteroathl Syntrachiosl Syntrashiosl Synpai@Deepwood

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #28
    Rift Team

Yeah, the fix apparently didn't make it to the server so OPS is checking into what went wrong. I logged in on both US and EU this morning and confirmed that neither had the fix so we're looking into it.

Sorry folks. =(
    Lead Designer - RIFT

Quote Originally Posted by Syntrachios View Post
    That's why you kill the add during the Los rock where you aren't dpsing the boss anyway.
    Not really, Vet players or new players (that killed this boss years ago or new to this) might actually swap targets since it used to be a massive raid DPS gain, so most raids would kill it as soon as the add spawns even after LOSing fire nova (as long as there's > 10s left before LOSing again), for the insane DPS boosts that lasts for 10s.

So now it gets tricky, sure it's better to kill it during LOSing fire nova but nobody knew, not until unnecessary wipes.

I am pretty sure all 10 members have got negative feedbacks to this when we discovered that the crystals weren't working, and thought that, "oh typical, they forgot to scale the damage for the crystal, yep, it's broken, another useless mechanic, ignore the friging bird pls". Other's will too when they find out that enrage crystals weren't working as they used to be and may be irritated about it with the wipes.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 05-19-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Shadowlander

So is the damage from the crystal not scaling since the level 50 raid or is it that only certain classes i.e. pre storm legion souls aren't working with the crystal? We have tried vulcanist, harb, marksman and assassin and non of those 4 seem to get a damage boost with crystal. Am asking cuz don't want to waste time on something that is just flat out not scaling.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast