+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: iROTP Ring/Earring Suffixes with Stats

Champion

*Eats popcorn while chuckling from a distance*

While some degree of RNG seems unavoidable these days in an MMO, it seems that Rift continues to find new, innovative ways to drive players insane. Good stuff as always.
    Last edited by Boxsmith; 05-16-2017 at 01:07 PM.

Telaran

I'm happy I got my Overlord chest this week and now my guild banned me from loot from this raid

I'll just say, not a fan of the new system. Maybe if the gear was BOA or something. Then I could pass between rogue to primalist, or mule to my alts on another shard. As is, it just seems like disappointment waiting to happen.
    Uruketo, 70 Warrior
    <Grievance> Guild Leader
    Defiant - Wolfsbane
    http://www.grievancegaming.org/

Confirmed that trinket has suffixes too, so good luck on that people should i say.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Uruketo View Post
    I'll just say, not a fan of the new system. Maybe if the gear was BOA or something. Then I could pass between rogue to primalist, or mule to my alts on another shard. As is, it just seems like disappointment waiting to happen.
    Don't play their (end) game. Build up currency, rex and make a fortune off the people who are. Eventually they will cave because they didn't build a game that can unite the population only massive walls of division through gambling and rng.

Rather bad news people, looks like the gear drop is also with suffixes, so every gear or almost every gear is suffixed in irotp...
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MisakaMikoto View Post
    Rather bad news people, looks like the gear drop is also with suffixes, so every gear or almost every gear is suffixed in irotp...
    Also the Overlord (BiS for DPS) seems to be pretty rare. Today I got shard first on mage overlord ring. I wonder how many ring drops there were on Gelidra before I got this.
    Lokken - 65 lvl r100 Mage
    Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by MisakaMikoto View Post
    So in the name of "gear simplification" they have gone from having 2 drop pieces per armor type to 5, with widely varying quality.

In my mind I can compare this to dropping green (Hero) and blue (Conqueror, Vindicator) loot along with the purples - the good tank piece (Preserver) and the ultra-rare best-in-slot DPS piece (Overlord).

And they expect us to be happy to get the lesser pieces, because they are still upgrades over TD items. Maybe even upgrade them with our precious engines.

It presents a host of issues regarding distribution of loot in raids. Do I roll on the "Hero" piece, or hold out for a possible future better drop? Why is this even a question?

Just take the lesser pieces out of the loot tables. Please. We're used to having the good stuff drop from the top raids.

I agree with this thread. It would be different if you could farm it, but with a once a week chance at this loot it makes it difficult to understand the multiple pieces. Golems are fine since we can use charges, but why would I want anything other than overlord gear if I play dps primarily?

Isp
    Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    I agree with this thread. It would be different if you could farm it, but with a once a week chance at this loot it makes it difficult to understand the multiple pieces. Golems are fine since we can use charges, but why would I want anything other than overlord gear if I play dps primarily?
    It's called simplification. Before we had tank and dps gear, now everything simplified: we have fragments, tank gear, dps gear and 3 kind of crap gear - enjoy

Well this is all kinds of messed up. I'm actually just in awe now at these decisions. Vladd's excuses just make it even better; to make gear drops more enticing, to add more personal choice, errr lol...

There's only one true reason for this, and it's extremely blatant. They know they aren't pumping enough content out to just make it one standalone item, so this is a cheap way to extend the lifetime of the instance.

The one hope I can add to this is remember that TD "hard mode" will come out eventually, but it makes you think why extend iRotP so long if new TD will just trump that? (Unless.. they really don't plan to develop much at all in the next few months and just think an old raid is good enough content for endgame in a bought expansion, without promised new mechanics.. can you sense the frustration?). TD was supposed to be the proper raid, not iRotP, so let's hope they get it out fairly soon and work on a proper endgame raid we're all waiting for.

edit: Nm, new TD is supposed to "compliment" iRotP gear. Let's just hope the new TD is also once a week and not P2W.
    Last edited by Refuge; 06-02-2017 at 05:06 PM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

It seems that the items from the shop are like a 2.5 version. Between Hero and Vindicator. Can any confirm my brief testing?

It seems they have the same main stat as Hero, but higher secondary and lower endurance than Hero.
    Fwob - Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2