+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tenebrean Engine

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    True but that would be 6 months times 4 run each week in the old days. So 24 runs.

So if I run TD 24 times in a night I should be fully geared by your standards. Or close to it. That would be like the old 1 raid a week.

I got up to 41 Bosses without an engine. So in the old days that would have been 10 weeks. And on the 41 boss 2 pair of boots. Seems a bit light on drop don't you think when it suppose to drop gear at 25%.

Personal loot was a good idea on paper. But in the real game world it's a bad idea. You can have a Boss never drop 1 piece of gear ever. My Guild ran TD 5 times one night. So 20 Bosses and not 1 piece of gear and not 1 engine for anyone.

That's just bad design. I'd rather see leather rain out of the sky every Boss like it did when Primalist came out then see nothing drop for everyone Boss after Boss after Boss. Which is what it does now.

So you pay to get charges and you are burning real money. And you get a chance at gear that never drops. Not fun at all.
    1st: "by your standards" ... No. the entire point of my post is: people should not be able to be max geared within 1 1/2 to 2 months of new content being released. i dont care what system they have in place. im not going off number of runs. im going by time. try to twist my words however you want and add it up anyway you see fit. everything in my post was intentionally based on time and not number of runs.

2nd: so stop buying charges and just play the game...
    Last edited by Neurotix; 05-04-2017 at 02:08 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    Maybe I'm getting old and Alzheimers is setting in but I could swear that in previous expansions, the upgrade bit that let you keep your synergy crystal bonus was purchasable from the store for raid / dungeon marks. This here is just horrible design.

If they want to give us an upgrade bit that makes the gear so much better, they should either have the dropped gear have the set bonus right off the bat, or have a double upgrade. First one to get your set bonus with a thingy you buy from the store, 2nd one to make the armor more ubah with the super duper rare upgrade from the raid.

That way people (me included) won't be forced to choose between wearing their dungeon gear and loosing their set bonuses.
    i think i like this solution the most so far.

Question No Tenebrean Engine on German Server

I have not read everything now. I'll ask my question here:
    Why does not the Tenebrean Engine drop more on the German server in the Tartaric Depths?

I can not upgrade my armor without this Tenebrean Engine
    Last edited by Ceserea; 05-07-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceserea View Post
    I have not read everything now. I'll ask my question here:
    Why does not the Tenebrean Engine drop more on the German server in the Tartaric Depths?

I can not upgrade my armor without this Tenebrean Engine
    Its just not that common regardless of servers. Ive gotten 2 in 40+ Bosses I Believe and from what Ive read from others I seem to be lucky.
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 3/4 TD NM)

Question

On the German servers dropps nothing more.

Come on Trion!!!

Ive seen engines drop on almost every run. I may not be the one getting them but Ive seen them drop fairly often. I have also seen alot of players with the entire set upgraded. Maybe they are spending tons of money but I am not and I am only missing 2 pieces and 5 engines.

Edit: Im not on the German server maybe it is worse there.
    Last edited by Poshy; 05-07-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Isp
    Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ceserea View Post
    On the German servers dropps nothing more.

Come on Trion!!!
    There is no German server for raiding. Players from all shards raid on the same shard.

Rift Disciple

The RNG is just absolutely crazy , I have run TD since launch and got 7 or 8 pieces of gear fairly quickly but not one engine until a couple days ago I got 3 engines out of 5 TD runs , 2 of those came from 1 run . At least I had the gear upgrade requirement done by then so that was kind of nice , but was really frustrating waiting so long for engines . Guess it all averages out in the long run but still is not fun being the one who seems to get the short stick for so long LOL ! A little nuts that one day can take a toon from 2000 hit still in mostly dungeon gear for the set bonus to 2225 hit and now in mostly raid level gear .

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #39
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Hello folks,

The drop rate in Tartaric Depths is very low by design (is it an entry-level raid). Dev says it will be higher with Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix, which is scheduled to go live tomorrow, May 10th!

I'll be looking for your feedback on this after that launches. =)
    Brasse

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Hello folks,

The drop rate in Tartaric Depths is very low by design (is it an entry-level raid). Dev says it will be higher with Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix, which is scheduled to go live tomorrow, May 10th!

I'll be looking for your feedback on this after that launches. =)
    Brasse
    So...in a thread where players are expressing their frustration with the drop rate of Tenebrean Engines, you pop in to let anyone who happens to have read the thread know that the first supposed progression raid is coming out in less than 24 hours.

Well, I guess the remaining dormant raiding guilds had better wake up from hibernation fast.

Eilani, Onik, Ingrede, Kupai Officer in <Nordvegr> of Faeblight twitch.tv/seawitchgaming

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Onik View Post
    So...in a thread where players are expressing their frustration with the drop rate of Tenebrean Engines, you pop in to let anyone who happens to have read the thread know that the first supposed progression raid is coming out in less than 24 hours.

Well, I guess the remaining dormant raiding guilds had better wake up from hibernation fast.

last time they announced new group content the servers crashed from everyone logging in. the obvious fix is not to announce it.

Shadowlander

after 2 weeks of irotp i can say i have same drop rate of engine as in TD = 0. guess higher drop rate on 0 remains 0. well hoping that the luck will change, when it does ill be sure to gamble since it will be my lucky day.

Xly
    Telaran

I got a total of 2 engines with 4 TD runs, 2 clears of iRotP with a total of 12 or 15 golem kills last two weeks. Still salty about having wasted 2 on tank ring I can't even wear (together with worst T1 DPS ring).

Soulwalker

Default funk rngsus

last two resets nothin & i buyed twice 20 charges did all td / golems
    this reset i buy 50 charges i did 12 golems & 3 td runs again no engine

srsly .. like to give rngsus a srs slap in the face .. isnt it already enuff the rng on drops ..then neeed friggin wait a month on 1 engine while we need liek i dno 24 or so ? ..... its just plain ridiculous , im insane for still trying....

last dime i spent to trion..
    Last edited by zipfile; 05-24-2017 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post
    last two resets nothin & i buyed twice 20 charges did all td / golems
    this reset i buy 50 charges i did 12 golems & 3 td runs again no engine

srsly .. like to give rngsus a srs slap in the face .. isnt it already enuff the rng on drops ..then neeed friggin wait a month on 1 engine while we need liek i dno 24 or so ? ..... its just plain ridiculous , im insane for still trying....

last dime i spent to trion..
    Tbh I can easily tell you this its totally rng, I just returned game after 2.5 years of break with free expansion because of boredom (waiting expansion on path of exile) and raided td like maximum 12 13 times and I get 4 tenebrean engine and 2 of them was on same run.
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch
    No Elrar no Rift

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast