+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tenebrean Engine

Telaran

ive done td probably 10x and gotten 4 engines.

33 runs now. It's been 31 runs since I last got one.

Soulwalker

The RNG crap sucks. Make engine drop rate higher or buyable with raid currency.

Indeed, I don't think engines should be a drop at all. It should *only* be buyable with raid currency. 2250 seems like a fair price. That corresponds to 5 clears, which corresponds to a 5% drop rate from any of the 4 bosses.

TD drops should have two upgrades - one to get the set bonus which should cost like an amender or so and then an upgrade to get additional stats which should require the engine. That way you dont get situations where its a loss to replace your old gear with TD gear as you wouldnt lose the set bonuses, while the gear that requires engines is still BiS. Just a thought...
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (1/3 BoS)

Soulwalker

First run of TD and first boss dropped the engine.It's now 5 runs later and I haven't gotten a single piece of gear even. Shards and crappy frags that are of no use to me. Have even used charges where I can. What is going on ?The RNG in this game hates me.

Rift Disciple

Yeah , TD as a whole has got me to the point of quitting . First the whole engine thing , I have not gotten 1 yet since launch . Second the LFR is a joke , I sit in TB for hours every night in Queue just wasting my time . Third is with all the 4.1 nerfs my dps is okay not great and every group in Crossevents wants a minimum of 400K DPS so that also leaves me out sitting wasting time .
    Last edited by Ambraele; 05-01-2017 at 05:41 AM.

Plane Touched

imo the drop rate is too high. a reasonable upgrade rate is *really* about one piece per month. expecting to be max geared within 6 months of a new raid (let alone a month) is just absurd. so many people constantly whining about not upgrading fast enough then when you get max geared in a week you're crying because there's "nothing to do" ... It's a mmorpg. that's what you do. you have some fun leveling and enjoy some story and lore. then at end game you hop on a couple nights a week and run a raid or two with your friends. the new loot system is supposed to alleviate the headache of distributing drops and being accused of favortism or bias. realistically the rate of upgrades per person per raid is drastically increased over the old system. AND you get two runs per week for free. it is completely reasonable in ANY mmo i have played to expect one upgrade per MONTH. two was great. three is just awesome. The raid has been out what? 2 months? and you're upset NOT because you havent gotten upgrades... but because you havent gotten ALL the upgrades? i think you're expectations are unrealistic. you should NOT be able to achieve best in slot EVERYTHING in that time. 6-8 months for a full set of BiS gear is generous.

add to the fact that you dont NEED BiS anything to do this raid just further confuses me as to the outcry of "need moar drops"

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    imo the drop rate is too high. a reasonable upgrade rate is *really* about one piece per month. expecting to be max geared within 6 months of a new raid (let alone a month) is just absurd. so many people constantly whining about not upgrading fast enough then when you get max geared in a week you're crying because there's "nothing to do" ... It's a mmorpg. that's what you do. you have some fun leveling and enjoy some story and lore. then at end game you hop on a couple nights a week and run a raid or two with your friends. the new loot system is supposed to alleviate the headache of distributing drops and being accused of favortism or bias. realistically the rate of upgrades per person per raid is drastically increased over the old system. AND you get two runs per week for free. it is completely reasonable in ANY mmo i have played to expect one upgrade per MONTH. two was great. three is just awesome. The raid has been out what? 2 months? and you're upset NOT because you havent gotten upgrades... but because you havent gotten ALL the upgrades? i think you're expectations are unrealistic. you should NOT be able to achieve best in slot EVERYTHING in that time. 6-8 months for a full set of BiS gear is generous.

add to the fact that you dont NEED BiS anything to do this raid just further confuses me as to the outcry of "need moar drops"

You're forgetting there is no lockout. If you are comparing this to 6 months of clearing the raid that is only 24 clears.

Previous tiers also had SET BONUS upgrades before needing a "heart/engine". Most people are complaining about engines because they are running around without a set bonus.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    You're forgetting there is no lockout. If you are comparing this to 6 months of clearing the raid that is only 24 clears.

Previous tiers also had SET BONUS upgrades before needing a "heart/engine". Most people are complaining about engines because they are running around without a set bonus.
    your first point is valid. although i still maintain that expecting to be max geared within 2 months is an unrealistic expectation.

and maybe it was dungeon gear? but i swear i remember that dropped gear needed to be upgraded before it contributed to a set bonus, but the gear you bought with marks already contributed to set bonus.

either way, the fact remains that none of those issues hinder anyone from participating in any content that is in the game. i also stand by my premise that the same group of people complaining about drop rates will be/would be complaining about lack of content if they were already geared up.

and maybe it was dungeon gear? but i swear i remember that dropped gear needed to be upgraded before it contributed to a set bonus, but the gear you bought with marks already contributed to set bonus.
    Nightmare tide raid gear,
    most of dropped stuff needed an upgrade to get their set bonus,
    Store bought items already had it.

now, Neither do.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    Nightmare tide raid gear,
    most of dropped stuff needed an upgrade to get their set bonus,
    Store bought items already had it.

now, Neither do.
    Funny thing is I have done 24 full TD runs on my warrior without a single engine drop.
    So I am actually forced to wear 4 pieces of expert gears even tho I do have most TD pieces ready to upgrade so I could retain the set bonus.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Funny thing is I have done 24 full TD runs on my warrior without a single engine drop.
    So I am actually forced to wear 4 pieces of expert gears even tho I do have most TD pieces ready to upgrade so I could retain the set bonus.
    Same fate here Fate , I have 8 pieces of gear waiting on an Engine to upgrade so I can keep my set bonus also . Yeah at present no big deal but when you see that some have gotten multiple Engines doing less runs than you have done and you have none it is still frustrating to say the least .

Telaran

Maybe the drop chance of engines was too high the very first days of 4.1 and then they reduced the chance?
    Seems like most engines in our guild dropped in the first days of TD.

Prophet of Telara

True but that would be 6 months times 4 run each week in the old days. So 24 runs.

So if I run TD 24 times in a night I should be fully geared by your standards. Or close to it. That would be like the old 1 raid a week.

I got up to 41 Bosses without an engine. So in the old days that would have been 10 weeks. And on the 41 boss 2 pair of boots. Seems a bit light on drop don't you think when it suppose to drop gear at 25%.

Personal loot was a good idea on paper. But in the real game world it's a bad idea. You can have a Boss never drop 1 piece of gear ever. My Guild ran TD 5 times one night. So 20 Bosses and not 1 piece of gear and not 1 engine for anyone.

That's just bad design. I'd rather see leather rain out of the sky every Boss like it did when Primalist came out then see nothing drop for everyone Boss after Boss after Boss. Which is what it does now.

So you pay to get charges and you are burning real money. And you get a chance at gear that never drops. Not fun at all.

Champion

Maybe I'm getting old and Alzheimers is setting in but I could swear that in previous expansions, the upgrade bit that let you keep your synergy crystal bonus was purchasable from the store for raid / dungeon marks. This here is just horrible design.

If they want to give us an upgrade bit that makes the gear so much better, they should either have the dropped gear have the set bonus right off the bat, or have a double upgrade. First one to get your set bonus with a thingy you buy from the store, 2nd one to make the armor more ubah with the super duper rare upgrade from the raid.

That way people (me included) won't be forced to choose between wearing their dungeon gear and loosing their set bonuses.
    Last edited by Leocadia; 05-04-2017 at 07:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast