+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Uisge
  • 2 Post By Artewig

Thread: Intrepid Gyel Fortress

Soulwalker

Default Intrepid Gyel Fortress

My first run through the new SPE, Intrepid Gyel Fortress. Did not hit record on the last two bosses so I will update when I go through again...

All in all it was a fun run.

Seathe

Kytus

Admiral Nezavar

Lady Glasya

Enjoy
    Last edited by Uisge; 02-12-2017 at 09:37 AM.

Shadowlander

Basically the same as the NTE, with more health pools etc.

The big solo, wandering, trash mobs that cleave hit non tanks real hard...the one in between the first and second boss snuck up on the group i was in and blew up 2 people. All the trash, in general, felt like it took a little too long to kill, however the dps in the group I was in wasn't the strongest overall.

The tri-flame mechanic on the first boss can still bug out and be stationary, lol.

The amount of adds on the second boss seems to be increased. This might overwhelm some tanks. The tank I was with seemed to deal with it fairly well. There is a knockback mechanic, which i dont recall from before, which does some damage but can knock you into fire and the walls etc, and could kill non tanks pretty quick.

3rd boss was basically the same. We also probably did not kill him quick enough and there was a point where he emotes and starts chasing a random player. "Good" dps groups probably wont see that?

Last boss was the same from what I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrologist View Post
    . All the trash, in general, felt like it took a little too long to kill, however the dps in the group I was in wasn't the strongest overall.
    Rift was once designed that you can switch roles between fights. Once upon a time players had a proper AE spec.
    The trash groups in IGF are designed for AE secs like Champion, Kabalist, Stormcaller or Saboteur.
    It is not the design fault that people cannot change a spec.
    I am the weapon, my daggers are just tools
    Security Warning:This human beeing may use cynicism and sarcasm in a way you are not accustomed to, you might suffer severe mental damage
    Starfall Prophecy ALL Content cleared

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Klingensturm View Post
    Rift was once designed that you can switch roles between fights. Once upon a time players had a proper AE spec.
    The trash groups in IGF are designed for AE secs like Champion, Kabalist, Stormcaller or Saboteur.
    Extended exposure to dumb spec like pyroele, aftershocker ect dumb people down.

Most players cant play anything other than their fotm OP 1 button spam specs let along aoe souls.

It's not entirely the players' fault, if DEV give them stupidly overpowered spec for 4 month straight that's gonna be the only thing they know as playing those specs are what's making them feel like great players...
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 02-10-2017 at 04:44 PM.

Stormcaller ain't worth playing in gyel (or any dungeon) unless your tank is mass pulling. But since most tanks pull small and then skip the rest. There's no reason to waste time playing stormcaller. Ele w/ firestorm or Warlock is the better choice.

Seathe:
    Triferno is faster than it used to be
    The adds are no longer targetable

Admiral:
    Burning Rain doesn't appear to drop fire anywhere else

Gyel is still just as easy. The second boss will still provide a challenge to players who can't pull their own weight.

I was healing one day and we kept getting feared from the howl not being interrupted. After we wiped, I said I ran out of break frees so please interrupt that and the tank goes "yeah I ran out of break frees too". Next pull, no one interrupts. Thankfully our 90k dps didn't just sit there in the fire so we were able to kill it.

Even though you can carry basically anyone through these, it's still really frustrating to see players not only doing poorly, but also having no desire to improve. It's why I avoid queuing unless I'm in a group. I can do any role, but not all at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort
    So... Progression Raiding isn't a play style? Got it...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Klingensturm View Post
    doesn't help that most tanks won't wait 2 seconds before pulling a boss to LET you change to a single target spec....I gave up on using AOE specs in dungeons a long time ago

Shadowlander

Well NO complaints from me about this dungeon EVERY cheevo worked without the endless ticketing ensuing "Fantastic"

Shadowlander

How hard would it be for the devs to plant an automated ready check once tou enter a bosses area prior to attacking?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgma View Post
    How hard would it be for the devs to plant an automated ready check once tou enter a bosses area prior to attacking?
    I would find that really annoying, personally.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

you can easily control this by queuing tank.

This would be annoying as hell and useless.
    I always do ready checks but this does not grant that all are ready.
    No idea how often i had people behind the barrier after ready check and pull.
    I am the weapon, my daggers are just tools
    Security Warning:This human beeing may use cynicism and sarcasm in a way you are not accustomed to, you might suffer severe mental damage
    Starfall Prophecy ALL Content cleared

+ Reply to Thread