+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Please give us the Queens Foci portal back

Default Please give us the Queens Foci portal back

If I could record and upload, and you viewed what I just experienced with this LFR stuff with a 10 man guild premade, you would never want to ever try LFR.

Just... use an instance portal.

Munchmatoast - Primalist - Deepwood - Mate

R.I.P <Coriolis>

I think the idea is to get people to partake in the fortress sieges, except no one wants to so it'll just fail while everyone else forms 10mans and queues.

But yeah that was ridiculous...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trion Worlds
    Being at Trion means being open to giving and receiving honest feedback. It means playing the hell out of our own games. It means listening to and being a part of teams who are always inventing, refining, and making things as good as they can be. It means always getting better and having an eternal willingness to learn and evolve. It means being our own worst critics

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Can you elaborate on what happened?
    You don't know what these socks are!

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    far as i've heard, some people from the raid get kicked and replaced after the queue hits in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    Made a 10 man group earlier, queued, wait 5 mins, nothing happened.

I asked the members to actually bother changing to the needed roles, so we were 2 tanks, 2 healers, 5 dps and 1 support,
    queued again, insta pop, no one kicked etc.

think the replacing members is because they were not really eligible in your group or something.

anyways its a sad design

Last night we ran several premade guild groups and had all kinds of weird things happening (queuing with full 10). One thing was that after we completed it, we would walk out, thinking we could reset and requeue. But people couldn't leave the group, we had to kick them. It also wouldn't let people change their LFR roles while in group, they had to leave (or get kicked), change the roles, then get re-invited. This happened a lot after we would do a run and one or two people wanted to swap to alts.

Another thing that happened frequently was that one person of the 10 would get taken out after we got the pop, we'd click ready, and then suddenly one person would get removed and a random pug would be put in their place. We quadruple checked for deserter debuffs, ignore lists, gear requirements, having people relog, leaving/rejoining group, anything, but it kept happening. From what we could guess, it seemed to be linked to the roles everyone was in when we queued, but that's just a guess. The very last run, for example, we had 10 of us (all who had done runs the same day, so definitely qualified) but someone who usually queued as 2nd tank (cause it thinks that's necessary, for some reason) was in dps instead. When I clicked join, I got the message "[Player name] is not eligible to queue as tank" or whatnot, but it went ahead and queued us anyway, so I thought ok, we should be fine. But once everybody clicked Ready, that player was kicked from group and it gave us a random pug instead.

Oh, and something else that happened 2-3 times. Someone who was no longer in the group would get forced into the raid (i.e. they were alone, out of party, in TB or wherever) and the person that we had invited into group, before we hit "join", was removed from party. This was, I believe, always after we killed it, left & reset, and wanted to swap people around, it was like the system didn't reaaaally believe us that the group was different. Happy to give any players names if the devs want to check logs to see about any of these things.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    far as i've heard, some people from the raid get kicked and replaced after the queue hits in.
    From what I've heard regarding this it's because someone in their group was already queued before you they queued as a raid, resulting in them being in different member sets in the queue. I can see what I can do to fix that and put everyone in the same group.

Shadowlander

We signed with a guild group... 10 man all 1 role selected for the specific part... nothing happening.

it's either finding it hard to get zero pugs, or its unable to create the instance.

EDIT: After 15 minuts of waiting, and changing stuff we broke our guild run up... GREAT work for releasing stuff that is not working at the basics
    Last edited by DBozMen; 02-02-2017 at 11:35 AM.
    Officer of Temple of Light, DBozMen@Zaviel

From what I've heard regarding this it's because someone in their group was already queued before you they queued as a raid, resulting in them being in different member sets in the queue. I can see what I can do to fix that and put everyone in the same group.
    that is pretty old, even with LFG its there lol

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Quote Originally Posted by Serein View Post
    Last night we ran several premade guild groups and had all kinds of weird things happening (queuing with full 10). One thing was that after we completed it, we would walk out, thinking we could reset and requeue. But people couldn't leave the group, we had to kick them. It also wouldn't let people change their LFR roles while in group, they had to leave (or get kicked), change the roles, then get re-invited.
    Not being able to leave is being looked into it, that's something that popped up with this week's hotfix. As for walking out to reset it, you shouldn't have to, you should be able to queue from inside and get put into a new instance.

When in an LFR type raid, you can't change your roles. So maybe the system somehow thought you were still in LFR even though you weren't. The more odd thing is that LFR raids don't allow you to kick people so I'm guessing there's some bad state I need to investigate and figure out how to get into. For now you'll just need to kick people instead of leaving :-/

Thanks for the info.

Edit: Actually I think just found the issue with being unable to leave your raid.
    Last edited by SupermanSocks; 02-02-2017 at 11:24 AM.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Edit: Actually I think just found the issue with being unable to leave your raid.
    Yep, fixed for the next hotfix!

Plane Walker

Until the fix goes live you can shard hop to Seastone and back and you will be dropped from the raid.

Munch and I were in the same group. We queued as a 10 man and waited 20 minutes. We finally realized that we didn't have 2 people queuing as tank (though I don't understand why it lets you queue with 10 if not all of the roles are covered) so we relogged to drop the queue. Shortly after we queued again, we got the pop. We were all in the instance and started the ready check to unlock the boss. I clicked ready and shortly after, I got a LFR queue pop. I had no idea where it came from and I was already in a group in the instance, so I just declined. Well, that kicked me from the group and gave me the deserter debuff.

Someone else in the group got kicked too, so they were going to pull with 8. Well, part way through the pull, Nuances@Deepwood was kicked from the raid. Not entirely sure what the details were surrounding that, but I told her to pass along the information to you last night. Not sure if she did or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trion Worlds
    Being at Trion means being open to giving and receiving honest feedback. It means playing the hell out of our own games. It means listening to and being a part of teams who are always inventing, refining, and making things as good as they can be. It means always getting better and having an eternal willingness to learn and evolve. It means being our own worst critics

SupermanSocks pls.

(sun)
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Thumbs down

I was in the same guild run as Gilgad and so I will gladly elaborate however be prepared - it may take some time to cover everything that was problematic.

So in our excitement at having new content, we formed a guild run 10-man raid.
    Initially we couldn't queue with our ten man due to people having to select their roles - kept saying that certain people did not meet requirements.
    Eventually we figured out that in order to select roles you had to leave the raid group, select your roles, but be careful to not select roles that you cannot fulfil (supposedly).

First issue
    We had people who could not queue as tank despite having tank specs and fragments.
    **possible solution: have it like dungeon queue where if you do not fit the requirements you simply cannot select that particular role (the padlock symbol)
    Rather than having the role locked, it would show the raid leader who was trying to queue that *insert name here* did not meet the requirements.

Second issue
    Eventually we had it that we could join the queue. About 15-20mins of waiting with a full ten man raid we started looking for what could be the issue. Seems that we had been permitted to queue as a ten man raid without having all roles selected by all in the raid (only had one person selected as tank). I don't think you should be able to queue for the event without having all roles filled (like with dungeons).

Third issue
    Once we figured out the above, we had everyone leave queue. Except we could not seem to leave queue. In order to do so we had to disband raid and each one of us log out and back in, in order just to leave the queue.
    Time consuming and frustrating...

Fourth issue
    By now we had reformed the raid, made sure we had all roles filled AND selected by each individual in our raid. Finally something seemed to work because in less than three minutes we had a queue pop! Our joy was short lived though...
    First we all said ready to the dungeon queue style pop up. However once in the instance the ready check pop up kept popping...and kept popping....and kept popping. Not sure why we needed so many ready checks once we were already in the instance but there it was.

Fifth issue
    We talked to the NPC and silly us, we clicked the first option and had the ready check pop some more. Some members of the raid, concerned that they were being redirected to a random queue rather than the one we were currently in, hit the not ready. (Keep in mind we are sitting inside the instance at this point). Their reward for hitting not ready despite having all ten of us in the instance was to be instantly kicked from the raid and 60seconds later, the instance also. We attempted to reinvite back to our raid but that pesky Ascended Disgrace debuff. After having waited over 30mins to get this far you can imagine they were not too pleased in the least.
    Deciding we did not want to have randoms with us we tried to disband in order to invite their alts in so we could still all do it together. However despite already having the full less than ten thanks to that AD debuff, anyone who left the now not full raid ALSO got the debuff.

Sixth issue
    Raid leader. Now it seems no one in our raid had selected raid leader on the LFR selection pop up. So I had managed to get it the first time round. Now not wanting to have raid lead I attempted to pass it to our guild leader. Turns out you cannot pass leadership in LFR at all...not really a fan of this "feature" although in the grand scheme not the worst of the issues.

Seventh issue
    By the time we finally accepted we would just have to take two randoms with us because now we had entered the instance we were no longer allowed to invite people into our group.

Moving on, the next few concerns are not so much issues so much as what I consider poor planning.

Now the weekly quest. Pretty damn peeved off to find out you can only pick up the quest on successful completion of the zone event. Which leads into the next few issues. Luckily we had someone who was kind enough to share the quest with us.

The above is all yesterdays issues.

Todays issues are as follows.

You can no longer use the LFR feature to ACTUALLY look for raid. Now you HAVE to complete and NOT fail the zone event in order to enter Xarth's Skull and also to even enter Queen's Foci.
    Which wouldn't be too problematic if it weren't for the fact that you do not have the numbers needed online at the varying times of day and time zones to be able to complete the zone event at all times. For me in particular, being Australian, I am actually asleep at the time that the zone event has been able to be successful.
    I don't particularly like the idea of having to become completely nocturnal in order to participate in the one piece of new content currently on offer.
    30 minutes is not enough time to be able to pull this off. I understand it is meant to be difficult, don't nerf the content, just give us more time to make it fairer especially to people not on at prime time?

So now I am not only not able to complete the zone event but cannot even use the LFR (which is a pain atm anyway)....what a well spent $80+ australian dollars....
    Last edited by Natarya; 02-02-2017 at 11:01 PM.
    Natarya@Deepwood, Nataya@Deepwood, Racheanna@Deepwood, Natanna@Deepwood, Natsanah@Laethys

Shadowlander

We had planned a guild event for today. Together with about 80 others we tried to open the raid 2x. It is simply not possible. We have one Raid since 2,5 Months and the Raid is closed.
    Last edited by Sing; 02-03-2017 at 01:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast