+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Please give us the Queens Foci portal back

Champion of Telara

I guess my next question would be whether there was a theoretical or hard coded maximum of how many instances can be open, and if so, would that be causing issues as well.
    Smidge
    <Guess>
    Wolfsbane

Default 35 minutes not enough time.

I have heard rumours of the mythical Xarth's Skull, however due to not having Dev's in my raid to push the timer and living in an inconvenient time zone I have doubt's I will ever see it again myself.

Right now, there had to be at least 60-80 people running the "Cracking the Skull" zone event. Sure enough we managed to break through the walls, we killed the required five bosses (which posed an issue on it's own) before finally reaching the siege cannons.
    With five minutes left on the timer my disappointment returned, because despite having numbers, despite working together, despite every effort we made, all we could do now is watch as the timer ran out with literally nothing we could do to prevent it.

The issue we had with killing the bosses mostly in relation to adds. If you die, don't bother resurrecting in the graveyard - you are guaranteed to be killed at least five times on the way back to your boss fight.
    But then again not much better running back to your corpse and resurrecting because you will just be instantly killed by the same add spawns as killed you initially.

Currently it seems there are too many adds for the boss fight stage, and simply not enough for the siege cannons...not if you intend on completing withing the 35 minutes supplied.

If we had been given even 10 more minutes (because those pesky siege cannons take at least 10 to charge on their own) it might just be possible to complete.

But to have this as the ONLY way to enter Queen's Foci and to then make it essentially impossible to complete even with 60-80+ people...is this stuff even being tested??
    Natarya@Deepwood, Nataya@Deepwood, Racheanna@Deepwood, Natanna@Deepwood, Natsanah@Laethys

Who came up with the amazing idea of having a raid locked behind a siege event which welcomes the community to come and mess up?

Great way to make sure that no one uses the LFR system I suppose if its all but impossible to defeat the fortress event with the quality of players left in this community.

If you expect the "average" players to be satisfied with the difficulty of experts, how do you then make a fortress event which expects all those "average" players to come together and NOT be useless as a group?

If the fortress didn't scale based on player #'s, then it would be okay for the "1%" to carry this event so we can open up this amazing LFR raid content. Instead you make it almost impossible to carry this fortress and instead just aggravates the "average" players and the "1%" that remain this game.

Nice content. Only a month left till the next exciting chapter in Rift begins.

Trion please ---
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Champion of Telara

From just now:

"
    We've got a few changes coming for the siege event.
    Like we have a new broadcast message that goes out to everyone 10-15m before the event fires up so folks have a chance to get there before the timer starts ticking.

Also, we've broken the event up so that the wall portion is separate from the rest of the event with it's own timer thus the event duration time has been almost doubled.
    rather, time to complete has almost doubled

We found that most folks were spending too much time on the wall phase and not focusing on getting all the walls down. And it gives folks a bit more time to get to the siege.

And I had Kerilar reduce the damage/number of targets hit by Swarm of Bees
    the broadcast message warning and Swarm of Bees change, you'll probably see Wednesday.

We are gonna test the timer change a bit more in-house before putting it live. Even though it is a simple change and has tested fine on our local environments, we need to see it tested on a multi-server environment before we sign off on it.

So, you'll probably see it next wednesday if it checks out on PTS and such.
    "
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    From just now:

"

Source? Why not disable the event till patch and open the portal back up?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Source? Why not disable the event till patch and open the portal back up?
    Sorry was from Discord.

Yeah us that don't play during primetime are pretty screwed for the weekly and LFR yet again. Not that I'm really bothered about not getting to do it though.
    Last edited by Archyface; 02-06-2017 at 05:02 PM.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Sorry was from Discord.
    Haha, I love the transparency. Thanks Archy.

This still doesn't completely resolve the issue which that an open community event, which has scaling health mobs based on population of event, is the gate preventing the player base from accessing a single boss "raid" encounter, and it is on a 4 hour timer. There isn't enough content as it stands, and this just removes even more from the table for the players.

A month*tm until the next content released. I guess we just to have to hope that too many "average" players do not show up and ruin this fortress event or we cant do the only "raid" available to us.

From just now:

"
    We've got a few changes coming for the siege event.
    Like we have a new broadcast message that goes out to everyone 10-15m before the event fires up so folks have a chance to get there before the timer starts ticking.

Also, we've broken the event up so that the wall portion is separate from the rest of the event with it's own timer thus the event duration time has been almost doubled.
    rather, time to complete has almost doubled

We found that most folks were spending too much time on the wall phase and not focusing on getting all the walls down. And it gives folks a bit more time to get to the siege.

And I had Kerilar reduce the damage/number of targets hit by Swarm of Bees
    the broadcast message warning and Swarm of Bees change, you'll probably see Wednesday.

We are gonna test the timer change a bit more in-house before putting it live. Even though it is a simple change and has tested fine on our local environments, we need to see it tested on a multi-server environment before we sign off on it.

So, you'll probably see it next wednesday if it checks out on PTS and such.
    "
    Soooo about this... event still fails.... Discord Devs Help Pls?

Plane Walker

Did any of that stuff actually make it to live? I don't remember seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    Did any of that stuff actually make it to live? I don't remember seeing it.
    Not last week, I don't think .. hopefully this week?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2