+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: end tier gear buyable when raid drops?/raiding scene dead?

Default end tier gear buyable when raid drops?/raiding scene dead?

The new Intrepid RotP currently has +275 hit gear on it required to do the new Tartaric Raid.

Both iRotP and TD currently use LFR and Individual Reward Charges.

This means you can effectively pay to get months ahead of everyone else. You can be fully geared within a week if you have the credits. Within a day really.

Apparantly, the raid is super easy. The 2nd boss can be 4 manned, and there's not really any plans to make it more difficult before release?
    'Hard Mode' will be added later according to sources, but by then there won't be any raiders left......

Unless there is going to be a WEEKLY lockout, this is NOT ACCEPTABLE.
    Either add a weekly lockout to the queue, or IR charges cannot be used.

Anyone care to elaborate?

EDIT: Originally i was sticking around for the release of T1 raids as a "last chance thing" mostly for guild peeps, but if this is released in this P2W crap state im not even giving the raid a chance tbh...(i know im not the only one with that mindset either)
    Last edited by KiwiRage; 01-31-2017 at 05:28 PM.
    ~Palmyy@Laethys~
    ~Nefarious MT Primalist
    Nefarious ~ 9/9 MoM(2/2 HM) ~ 4/4 HM CoA, NA #1
    Retired, pending how crap T2 is...

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiRage View Post
    The new Intrepid RotP currently has +275 hit gear on it required to do the new Tartaric Raid.

Both iRotP and TD currently use LFR and Individual Reward Charges.

This means you can effectively pay to get months ahead of everyone else. You can be fully geared within a week if you have the credits. Within a day really.
    When I brought this issue up months ago the general response was "what does it matter if you can get it fast with credits if everyone is getting the same gear at the end of the day, some just get it faster", which I wasn't thrilled to hear.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

P2W = Buying something that is ONLY available with money AND is better than anything others can earn.

By their terms it isn't P2W its just pay to be MONTHS ahead of everyone.

There is no real competition anymore so I guess they think its okay.
    Last edited by Boase; 01-31-2017 at 07:32 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    P2W = Buying something that is ONLY available with money AND is better than anything others can earn.

So if they start selling SPF T3 gears now it's not P2W as well since everyone can get them several months later when T3 raids are released?

Plane Touched

Default And ...

This is just bad ....

I really can't say much more without violating Forum Guidelines. Oh, well.

nah thats just a pathetic excuse/workaround, P2W=buying something to gain advantage(no matter the timegap it involves)

If this is implemented, it kills whats left of the raiding community, i know for a FACT i wont be the only one gone.
    ~Palmyy@Laethys~
    ~Nefarious MT Primalist
    Nefarious ~ 9/9 MoM(2/2 HM) ~ 4/4 HM CoA, NA #1
    Retired, pending how crap T2 is...

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiRage View Post
    nah thats just a pathetic excuse/workaround, P2W=buying something to gain advantage(no matter the timegap it involves)

If this is implemented, it kills whats left of the raiding community, i know for a FACT i wont be the only one gone.

Yeah I'm not whiteknighting anything I agree with you it sucks.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    When I brought this issue up months ago the general response was "what does it matter if you can get it fast with credits if everyone is getting the same gear at the end of the day, some just get it faster", which I wasn't thrilled to hear.
    I still don't understand why in matters to people how others get gear.

If they have $500+ and buy it what does it matter. It don't effect your game play.

If you like earning your gear kill the same Boss 5 million times great.

If you like to get it instantly with real money, great. It doesn't chance the way you play your toon does it?

And don't give the old, "They aren't earning it." It doesn't matter. It doesn't effect your toon at all or the way you earn your gear so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    Because competition? This is an MMO if you weren't aware.

If they have $500+ and buy it what does it matter. It don't effect your game play.
    This is a hilarious statement.

Have you been playing solo Rift this entire time? It would explain a lot.

Plane Walker

If you like to get it instantly with real money, great. It doesn't chance the way you play your toon does it?

And don't give the old, "They aren't earning it." It doesn't matter. It doesn't effect your toon at all or the way you earn your gear so to speak.
    I don't understand why Olympians care about other Olympians doping. It doesn't affect their own performance, so why do they even care about how others are performing?

First of all, it's affect, not effect.

Anyway... This is a social game that often leads to competition in various aspects (well, it used to). Imagine those world first races if one guild bought all of their gear instantly and the other didn't.

No, it doesn't affect how I play my toon, but it does impact the community and that is much more important in an MMO. And it's even worse now. The gear gap is massive now with the fragment system.
    R.I.P.

Soulwalker

My issue with the idea of selling raid gear for credits is that what would be the point to having a raid?
    Raiders raid for many reasons 1 of which is progression in gear. Yet if you are able to obtain the gear in a different way then why add a raid.
    This same thing gos for dungeons as well.
    Sure it does not mess with my game play knowing a raider wasted his or her pay check to get their gear no however the idea behind this sure does show just how greedy trion has become. They at this point will hurt their product for profit.
    Those that will deny this really need to look back at the game and your see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidragasum View Post
    Raiders raid for many reasons 1 of which is progression in gear. Yet if you are able to obtain the gear in a different way then why add a raid.
    This same thing gos for dungeons as well.
    I can give you three examples:

GW 1, buy BiS set from city trader, people still did the elite areas
    GW 2, people eventually had their ascended BiS set years before raids were introduced, nontheless raiding is popular
    WoW, Mythic ++ Dungeons give raid - like gear, people still raid.

Personally I raid, because I like to raid and because I want to be successful - gear is a sideeffect - not the goal.
    Last edited by Ongar; 02-02-2017 at 03:35 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ongar View Post
    I can give you three examples:

GW 1, buy BiS set from city trader, people still did the elite areas
    GW 2, people eventually had their ascended BiS set years before raids were introduced, nontheless raiding is popular
    WoW, Mythic ++ Dungeons give raid - like gear, people still raid.

Personally I raid, because I like to raid and because I want to be successful - gear is a sideeffect - not the goal.
    The difference here is that WoW's dungeons and raids are challenging. If RIFT takes away the fun/challenge/gear from raids, then what is left? Oh right, what most people in this game want, to mash their 3 button macro i win specs and collect achievement points.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ongar View Post

^this

how long have we been without a new raid with BIS gear 2-3 months? ppl are still doing old raids for fun and achieves

IMO true raiders don't raid for gear alone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast