+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: end tier gear buyable when raid drops?/raiding scene dead?

Shadowlander

I have to agree with kiwi here. I won't be sticking around if this is how it will be there needs to be a weekly lock out with some kind of actual challenge to the raid bosses.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by fearhi View Post
    I have to agree with kiwi here. I won't be sticking around if this is how it will be there needs to be a weekly lock out with some kind of actual challenge to the raid bosses.
    If you look at it from Trion's perspective, then there is no reason at all to put in a weekly lockout. That would defeat the purpose of them allowing players to use IR charges for gear.

This is not an oversight or some type of work in progress. This change to gearing through raids was discussed, and the conclusion reached was to offer BiS gear for credits.

Whether or not you agree with the decision does not affect the fact that it was a thought out, calculated decision made by Trion. They weighed the pros and cons of doing it and decided the money they would make selling IR charges in raids was worth the potential loss of income from players that would not put up with this kind of monetization method (in some ways I agree with their decision from a business point of view. The remaining players have already put up with so much failure from Trion, why wouldn't they just deal with this?).

Nothing said here will change their minds now. Due to the absolute failure of SFP they are looking to make money in any way possible.

Edit: Making the bosses more difficult would also decrease the potential income from people spending credits on IR charges. The easier the boss is, the more people will be able to kill it and spend money on charges. The easier the boss is, the more frequently people will be able to kill it, thus spending more credits on individual reward charges.
    Last edited by Drezie; 02-03-2017 at 07:49 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by fearhi View Post
    you do realize that the actual T1 raids will have a weekly lockout right? the IR charges only apply to LFR level raids

granted it seems there will be a brief period where LFR will be BIS for a while :/

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtheskull View Post
    you do realize that the actual T1 raids will have a weekly lockout right?
    What on earth gives you this idea?? Was this stated by a developer, or is it just your assumption?
    Last edited by Drezie; 02-03-2017 at 07:58 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Because competition? This is an MMO if you weren't aware.

This is a hilarious statement.

Have you been playing solo Rift this entire time? It would explain a lot.
    Competition so see who wins the RnG God Gear Game? That's what gear is in a raid. Why would it matter to you if your guild does it the right way. You have the piece of mind knowing you didn't it the so called right way.

If you know others in your mind cheated by buying gear it shouldn't matter to you if they killed every Boss in every raid in 2 mins. They cheated. So it doesn't matter.

I raided WoW from their Beta thought Lich King. I never once cared how someone might have gotten their gear. Where they carried by the other 39 guys> Or later by 24 guys? What do I care it didn't effect me and my guild.

I've played Rift since Beta. I've raided everything I could raid. Again I could care less how someone got their gear. Or kill a Boss for that matter.

To me it's the thrill of the hunt. Which is killing Bosses. Do I give a rat's butt that maybe a guild mate buys every piece of gear for real money? No because I don't look at other player's and what they are wearing. That's them. I don't care.

Why you should care is silly. Who cares if they do more DPS. Who cares. The only things that matters is did the Boss die and could you use the loot. Nothing else matters.

If being beat on a meter is all you care before that's sad. Or if someone got their first. It shouldn't matter.

Again all the matters is if your guild kills the Boss and did you get gear you needed. Nothing else should matter.

Killing pixels faster than someone else really isn't the best skill to hang your hat on. But I know people do and it always makes me laugh. It's a game not real life. Have fun and don't worry want everyone else is doing. Nothing they can do will effect your real life:P

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    Competition...
    Some people are more competitive than others and wish for an even playing field.

To me it's the thrill of the hunt. Which is killing Bosses. Do I give a rat's butt that maybe a guild mate buys every piece of gear for real money? No because I don't look at other player's and what they are wearing. That's them. I don't care.
    What thrill of the hunt? You haven't raided with a competitive guild. You haven't even really progressed on anything, just sucked up the strategies of your betters from guides. World firsts, shard firsts and competitive progression do matter; people care about them and it's why sites like Prancingturtle, TopofRift and the innumerable WoW progression sites are so popular. The lack of a competitive mindset kills the drive for self improvement.

It's players like you that make experts and other random group content more painful for others and above all, kill the raiding scene in all MMOs.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 02-03-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Competition so see who wins the RnG God Gear Game?
    I am unsure that you have a firm grasp on how horizontal gear progression with a tier actually works.

So this is how its gonna go down eh

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    So this is how its gonna go down eh
    Eh, we're all playing WoW on A52 until the raid comes out. Then when we clear it in a day we'll go back to WoW. Rinse repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2