+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: LFR TQF not working

Default LFR TQF not working

Been in q now for little over 2 hours. Wondering if it's no worky.

Kind of hurts player progression. May be time to find another game that offers better player progression.

Ascendant

What were you queued as?
    If you say tank, were you in tank spec when you queued? If not you will get a message in the general tab saying you do not meet the requirements to queue as tank. So you may not have been queued as tank this whole time.

Also, not many people sit in the LFR queue. Groups are generally formed outside of it from what I'm seeing.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Shadowlander

if you really read the forum you ll know that the LFR isnt working well actually, but if you read the chat you ll find lot of players trying to build a 10 raid players team to do it. So just read the level 70 chat ingame for the moment.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by MapleTiger View Post
    Been in q now for little over 2 hours. Wondering if it's no worky.

Kind of hurts player progression. May be time to find another game that offers better player progression.
    It's not working because no one is using it. It's really that simple, so don't worry about it. (:
    Last edited by Fia; 01-29-2017 at 05:10 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

New 4K 21:9-Ratio Videos: http://youtube.com/astheatv

Yeah. It isn't going to work most the week because there's no reason to do it.

Once you've done your weekly reset w/ quest. + Then you've exhausted your reward charges 5x per kill. You then have 0 reason to go back in.

This is a main issue that I mentioned to the devs..

What keeps people using this system after the initial rush?

Sure, you have the seal that can take 2 months to farm, but I dont see that being a driving factor to create player desire.

There needs to be alternative reasons to do LFR, or in a month or two and especially after the "real" raid is released, this LFR system is going to be a ghost town, and less used than old Instant Adventures.

When people gear past this LFR content, good luck to those who are stuck in a queue waiting to pop. There needs to be better incentives. A daily/weekly quest which grants a choice of currency (crafting, expert, world, pvp, plat) for you to choose from is an example that I provided the devs with.

Thoughts?
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Yeah it launched broken, so nobody has been using it, and the current status is that nobody knows if it's working right or not since almost nobody is attempting to use it since it launched broken. And around we go...

I think the #1 incentive needs to be for it to work.

After that, maybe currency as with random dungeon queues. Tack a FS token on there or two.

Or even PLAT. 25 plat per run might give us enough for a handful of fragment infusions.

?

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    This is a main issue that I mentioned to the devs..

What keeps people using this system after the initial rush?

Sure, you have the seal that can take 2 months to farm, but I dont see that being a driving factor to create player desire.

There needs to be alternative reasons to do LFR, or in a month or two and especially after the "real" raid is released, this LFR system is going to be a ghost town, and less used than old Instant Adventures.

When people gear past this LFR content, good luck to those who are stuck in a queue waiting to pop. There needs to be better incentives. A daily/weekly quest which grants a choice of currency (crafting, expert, world, pvp, plat) for you to choose from is an example that I provided the devs with.

Thoughts?
    I agree, I have also already addressed this issue in another thread.

Imo, Trion is trying to streamline (or standardize) content, which is the only reason LFR is getting implemented, cause the playerbase definitely has no need for such a tool whatsoever. I suspect in the future, we will only be seeing LFR-difficulty raids (i.e. easymodes). Everything so far hints towards the removal of normal and hardmodes altogether. Ofc this cannot be done instantly, because the playerbase numbers would plummet too fast, so they are doing it gradually. Well, it's just a theory ofc, but it really looks that way: expert dungeons are easier than the trash mobs when leveling from lvl 65-70, the fortress siege boss is so easy, you can ignore all mechanics (if you have 2 very good aoe healers) and just burst him down and so forth. Additionally, before the release of SFP, they stated that they want to create raids with less focus on mechanics and dps checks, so yeah ... It's a real shame Trion is choosing to go this way. :/
    Last edited by Fia; 01-30-2017 at 04:37 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Additionally, before the release of SFP, they stated that they want to create raids with less focus on mechanics and dps checks, so yeah ... It's a real shame Trion is choosing to go this way. :/
    I actually think they said they wanted the raids to be more mechanically intensive and less focused on DPS checks.
    I know if you queue for LFR it's mechanics that are killing most people so I think they achieved that.

But yeah I definitely get the same feeling as you.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    I actually think they said they wanted the raids to be more mechanically intensive and less focused on DPS checks.
    Hmmmm ... ok maybe I misheard it then. I really hope you're right, more mechanics is definitely something the raid bosses need. :DDD
    Last edited by Fia; 01-30-2017 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    This sounds like a plan. In the past it often was like this: During progress guilds often couldnt beat the clock timer. And once they could (better gear, maybe better setup) the replay value of the raids was often close to zero. So, yes we need more emphasis on the execution.

Rift Master

The problem is, if we look back at past raids and their mechanics, that it's either black or white. You ignore the mechanic cuse it doesn't do much or enough, or you do it, but most fall into the first category. We had that happenening inside the same tear even if memory serves me right (Fionn beeing the last example). Mechanics beeing punishing at start, but with more gear and/or practice could be ignored.

Considering the the whole expansion is as far away form beeing ballanced alltoghether as it can be, i'm quite curious how they would achieve that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    The problem is, if we look back at past raids and their mechanics, that it's either black or white. You ignore the mechanic cuse it doesn't do much or enough, or you do it, but most fall into the first category. We had that happenening inside the same tear even if memory serves me right (Fionn beeing the last example). Mechanics beeing punishing at start, but with more gear and/or practice could be ignored.

Considering the the whole expansion is as far away form beeing ballanced alltoghether as it can be, i'm quite curious how they would achieve that.
    You have two mechanics.. Ones you have to do, and ones you can ignore.

If they are going to focus on "mechanics" and not "dps/hps", then these mechanics need to dev-kill and unavoidable dmg that will kill you. What this becomes is a possible "very unforgiving" mechanic that will just destroy the casuals. If mechanics aren't dev-kills, then you just out gear it or heal thru the dmg and ignore mechanics. This becomes very boring and trivial.

So how do you make fights "mechanic oriented" while not making them unforgiving to noobs and trivial to players who know how to dodge red circles?

Gluk!
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Fia

Imo mechanics should always be unignorable, I mean .... if they are ignorable, then why put them there in the first place?
    Last edited by Fia; 01-31-2017 at 05:17 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Imo mechanics should always be unignorable, I mean .... if they are ignorable, then why put them there in the first place?
    Ungolok says hello. Until he was nerfed into the ground & you could ignore the mechanics.

And we're back to square one where noobs can't do the raids cause "mechanics hard". I think the days of good raids are done in this game. It's mostly raiding for rodents from now on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast