+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Klingensturm

Thread: Suggestion about Raid mentored weekly and LFR

Telaran

Lightbulb Suggestion about Raid mentored weekly and LFR

Hello everyone and in special hello Trion,

I want to make here a suggestion, how you could get us PvE Players something to do (because currently itīs nothing...)

SUGGESTION:
    Give us 1-2 weeklies (10 + 20man) for old Raids to clear as much as possible and at the end of the week you will something for it.
    Requirement: You must be mentored!
    --> Only useable with LFR because you must be mentored to fulfill the requirement

PROS:
    - PvE Players have something to do
    - The LfR-Tool could be used more and optimized
    - because you will get mentored, it is for everyone (SFP Players and f2p Players)
    - Missing Epic Item slots could be earned with this
    - Good old content will be worth doing again
    - It isnīt as hard as in the past because even when you are mentored, you will do more dps than in the past (thanks to legendaries)

CONS:
    I donīt see any negative points, except of that you (trion) will get a little work to do for it

EXAMPLE:
    The weekly quest: Clear while you are mentored lvl 50 the greenscale raid (0/5 bosses)
    Reward: 1000 marks per boss incl. 250 extra marks for clearing it.
    This means for example:
    Clear = 1250 marks
    Only 3/5 = 600 marks
    This weekly quest will be automatically finished and marks will be achieved with the new weekly.

POSSIBLE REWARDS:
    - Missing epic gear for the raids
    - Mounts
    - Dimension Boxes
    - Pets
    - Skins
    - and much more

IN ADDITION:
    You can do the same as daily with old dungeons or as extra weekly the master dungeon (or bring back the master dungeon, because it was great^^)

Now everyone, itīs up to you.
    Please share your opinion about this.
    Maybe There will be something like that in the future, if enough people are interested in it

With Best Regards
    Mallgar@typhiria & Malllgar@typhiria (2 Primalists)
    Guild: IMPERA - Deutsche Raidgilde
    Fragen zum Primalisten? Schreibt mich ingame an :-)

Champion of Telara

The devs gave a quick description as to why this is a lot harder than it seems.

"
    1. It needs rewards that fit into the larger schema of the world and those have to be implemented and handed out in some fair and measured manner
    2. Bolstering doesn't work anywhere outside PVP, so it would need work to move it.
    3. Sidekicking doesn't update dynamically as we add new vectors of player power or targets shift.
    4. The dungeons would then need a pass to account for new or adapated tools players have.
    5. The system can't just replace other content unless we are intentionally orphaning it.
    6. It splits the playerbase up in a way that we then have to account for in future updates and content pushes.
    7. If we ever change the gear targets we have to reitemize it.
    There is your baker's half dozen of things systems alone would have to think about to even consider some kind of "play old dungeons at relevant power" system
    that I could think of just sitting here
    "

also some other things that I remember them saying.
    It would need to be slower or give less currency per time than the current dungeons as nobody would do them anymore as well.

There were some other points too but I've misplaced them somewhere it seems
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

My suggestion would be to release finished content.
    I am the weapon, my daggers are just tools
    Security Warning:This human beeing may use cynicism and sarcasm in a way you are not accustomed to, you might suffer severe mental damage
    Starfall Prophecy ALL Content cleared

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Klingensturm View Post
    My suggestion would be to release finished content.
    I agree with that.
    But that won't help anymore and i am trying to bring some feedback and maybe something they could do.

It's really hard to think about it, that we have since two months nothing to do.
    6-8hours leveling and 20 expert dungeons and you can play the next char... this is called an expansion and can't be true.

Thanks to Archyface for your feedback.
    Trion was working a year for this addon before the announcement when i am right informed.
    It is currently like a farce and like a Nightmare...

I am happy, that there will be a fourth expert. Even if this one was one of the worst choices and i don't understand what this has something to do with life/fire which starfall is about but ok.
    We will have something to go like 10 times into it for each lvl 70 char

Lets will happen next...^^

I think sooner or later we will see something like that.

As a gneral rule raids like TDQ or DH that historically worked well with PuGs should also work in such a scenatio. However raids that didnt work too well with PuGs like ID or PBB would need an overhaul.
    Last edited by Ongar; 01-23-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ongar View Post
    I think sooner or later we will see something like that.

As a gneral rule raids like TDQ or DH that historically worked well with PuGs should also work in such a scenatio. However raids that didnt work too well with PuGs like ID or PBB would need an overhaul.
    True.

I would like reworks for the old 20man raids into 10man raids...
    It is of course a lot of work, but should be easier than a new raid concept.
    Also because of the "fail" of SFP the most Guilds canīt use anymore 20man raids without a second guild (donīt know how NA guilds are, but when i am looking at german guilds during raiding times... no comment )

+ Reply to Thread