+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official Day 1 Fortress Siege/Raid Feedback Thread

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #121

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguss View Post
    You know it was hardly tested on PTS, because it was tied to a zone event that hardly ever completed.
    It actually was tested on PTS. There were a bunch of people who I got from the forums, skype, discord, and internally to hop on and test the system. There were nearly no issues found with it. The sheer volume of players is the main source of issues right now which is making the server go slower than usual.
    Last edited by SupermanSocks; 01-20-2017 at 10:24 AM.
    You don't know what these socks are!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    It actually was tested on PTS. There were a bunch of people who I got from the forums, skype, discord, and internally to hop on and test the system. There were nearly no issues found with it. The sheer volume of players is the main source of issues right now which is making the server go slower than usual.
    If the issue with testing is that you don't have enough people testing, shouldn't that be a prime concern right now? Not having a large enough test group seems to be a recurring theme.

I have said before and will say again that I am not willing to become an unpaid QA tester, and I think this is the general sentiment of most players. So, why not change that?

As several have suggested, incentivize PTS testing if you aren't able to staff enough dedicated testers on your end. Throw in some dungeon currency or plat or something that translates to live and would cut down on the time needed to grind over there, and I think you would see testers come out of the woodwork.

I recall the turnout for MoM testing being VERY high when live raid gear was promised to the testers. Maybe do that for everything? I've never downloaded the PTS because I only have so many hours of the day to game anymore and you've never given me a reason to. Give me a reason to. Give US a reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    As with the comment above this also - there is no incentive to invite the numbers needed to truly test this out.

If people could transfer SFP tokens, currency transfers, bonus daily logins. A token that could be used to purchase things from the store that can only be gained by actively participating in SFP PTS.

Give people a reason to do it and you will get the numbers needed to truly test it in all aspects.
    Natarya@Deepwood, Nataya@Deepwood, Racheanna@Deepwood, Natanna@Deepwood, Natsanah@Laethys

Default Is that a new record?

So formed up our 10man, organised who was queing as what, gave it a few minutes to make sure we were all good to go.
    JUST as we go to que....
    *Announcement*
    "LFR has been re-disabled etc"

18mins! A grand total of eighteen WHOLE minutes before it was broke again....
    Kind of not sure now whether servers were taken down to fix or if it was just an hour long coffee break :/
    Natarya@Deepwood, Nataya@Deepwood, Racheanna@Deepwood, Natanna@Deepwood, Natsanah@Laethys

Default Feedback day 2

Overall, great improvements!
    - Tutorial Guidelines/Tips
    - Ready check interface
    - Smooth and "feels good" gameplay
    - Fortunately, no one gets booted/dropped mid-way through the fight

To be improved:
    - Damage comes first then red appears/ White tiles sometimes disappear too fast causing wipes
    - Webtoss casting is a little too short. Missing some interrupts are inevitable.
    - adds mechanics?
    - some lags towards the end when Hexathel dies/quest completes
    - Optional presets: sometimes this is a bit misleading, especially to new players.
    - LFR still won't requeue after completing the quest (with 10 existing ppl)(clicking leave queue will get kicked?)
    - Needed to disband and requeue after leaving the instance.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 01-21-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natarya View Post
    As with the comment above this also - there is no incentive to invite the numbers needed to truly test this out.
    This isn't groundbreaking, unprecedented tech right? I mean other games somehow are able to pull off similar feats without testing on live.

PTS is always going to have less people than live.

I don't feel like this is a testing problem. It's a design problem. The design needs to account for the number of people on live.

If you want more people to test an event on PTS, make the event predictable. We'll go. I will go. I will say to the rest of my guild "Hey let's go to PTS.. X event is happening in a few minutes". Make it a random spawn every 4 hours and all I can say is "Hey let's go to PTS and sit around and wait for something that might happen.. or not". It's not rocket science.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Noobly View Post
    This isn't groundbreaking, unprecedented tech right? I mean other games somehow are able to pull off similar feats without testing on live.

PTS is always going to have less people than live.

I don't feel like this is a testing problem. It's a design problem. The design needs to account for the number of people on live.
    This right here.

Its not a testing problem, please dont put it on the customers.

The blood adds and Risen Fleshslave adds from the outer courtyard guardians have way too much HP and stack up way to high. Tanks have to run around kiting with heal threat to even stay alive.

The bees and tornado circles need to either travel slower in the air or hit less. If you don't kite the boss to ignore that mechanic then everyone dies.

Timer for the event needs to be at least 10 minutes longer. Most of the events i've seen get to the onslaught phase with around 4-8 minutes left.
    Last edited by Boase; 01-25-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Rift Disciple

Default Mages of Alittu Special Quartermaster

Could you please put this npc in a place we can access or at least have the items in the rift store . Did Dead Simon set this up as another puzzle to solve and search for ? I have located it only once since the QF was opened and had to shard jump to do that . THANKS !

The NPC was only up outside of its normal place because a Dev spawned them. They were temporary NPCs so they eventually died.

After the hotfix the event should be completeable and you'll have access to the NPC.

Soulwalker

Default Not Enough Time to Complete Xarth Skull Raid

Okay, I have taken part in several of the Xarth Skull raids, and NONE of them have succeeded. It simply takes too much time to get lots of people to the zone event, and by the time people get organized (and quit dying to the aoe), too much time has passed on the timer, causing the event to fail. Now we can't even zone in to the QF raid unless the event has succeeded, so that makes 2 days in a row that I haven't been able to go into QF because of the event failing.

Can you PLEASE either give us more time on the event, OR.... open the tear back up for 10-man premades to zone into QF without having to have a successful zone event first? It's so very frustrating to have new content released, and be unable to get into the QF because of insufficient time.

OH, AND BY THE WAY, EVEN THE DEVELOPER WHO WAS LIVESTREAMING THE XARTH SKULL RAID HAD TO FORCE THE EVENT TO SUCCEED, BECAUSE THERE WAS INSUFFICIENT TIME TO COMPLETE IT. THAT SHOULD GIVE SOME INDICATION THAT WE NEED MORE TIME!!!!!!!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kirakita View Post
    Okay, I have taken part in several of the Xarth Skull raids, and NONE of them have succeeded. It simply takes too much time to get lots of people to the zone event, and by the time people get organized (and quit dying to the aoe), too much time has passed on the timer, causing the event to fail. Now we can't even zone in to the QF raid unless the event has succeeded, so that makes 2 days in a row that I haven't been able to go into QF because of the event failing.

Can you PLEASE either give us more time on the event, OR.... open the tear back up for 10-man premades to zone into QF without having to have a successful zone event first? It's so very frustrating to have new content released, and be unable to get into the QF because of insufficient time.

OH, AND BY THE WAY, EVEN THE DEVELOPER WHO WAS LIVESTREAMING THE XARTH SKULL RAID HAD TO FORCE THE EVENT TO SUCCEED, BECAUSE THERE WAS INSUFFICIENT TIME TO COMPLETE IT. THAT SHOULD GIVE SOME INDICATION THAT WE NEED MORE TIME!!!!!!!
    I sort of understand a shorter event being it opens a very important place. And it should be harder, but...........

If what you are saying is true and a Dev had to force it so you could move on well then that's just bad design. It will never work on live if that's the case. On PTS you knew it was going off so everyone was there from the start. And it still would have failed? Ouch!

On live it takes time for people to figure out a event is even going on. Over time more and more come and a zone event gets moving. It starts off very slowly.

By the sound of it with the timer if it starts off slowly like 99.9% of all Zone Events do it will fail a HUGE amount of the time. Not good at all.

I've went to 3 and ZERO made it before it failed. Yes it's only 3 times. But tell me how many on level Zone Events fail? None? Well I guess unless they are the middle of the night.

An event the opens up a important place can't fail because of a timer which is poorly timed. That's bad design anyway you look at it.

Soulwalker

Default LFR Ready/No Window - Format Issues

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right thread for this feedback but I have not been able to successfully queue for QF using LFR.

I have encountered errors with the LFR READY/NO queue window the past couple days. The window appears with "Unknown" where the description for "Tank", "Support", etc. should appear. Also, 3+ Tank icons often times appear in these slots (should only have 2 tanks). I attached an image in a support ticket submitted today. Request #841665.

The window has disappeared before reaching 0's and I am placed back in the queue only to receive the same erroneous window the next time it pops.

Happy to try and reproduce to troubleshoot.
    Last edited by MizzerMage; 02-27-2017 at 09:31 AM.

I posted about that here but it didn't really get any attention. My guess is that it is just a visual issue.

As for the queue ending early (without someone declining), I've had it happen, but when it happened to me, I was removed from the queue entirely.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I posted about that here but it didn't really get any attention. My guess is that it is just a visual issue.

As for the queue ending early (without someone declining), I've had it happen, but when it happened to me, I was removed from the queue entirely.
    Yep, same issue.

Regarding, queue ending... I don't recall a message that someone refused or declined but may have missed the message.

I will post any related feedback in the thread you started going forward.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast