+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official Day 1 Fortress Siege/Raid Feedback Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #106

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    I'm Questioning if this works fully or not. Had an interesting case where mid-fight(first 20 seconds or so) a party member left the raid (didn't receive any message saying they left the raid either, they were just magically ungrouped.)

Continuing on for quite awhile we almost had the boss down when this repeated to another raid member. Again no message for them leaving the raid, just gone.
    That's really weird, do you have their names? I can look up and maybe see what happened if there's logs of it. If you have the names and server they were on PM me with them.

Tried checking LFR to see if I could re-enter but the all the role's and their check boxes were grayed out, as was the queue for leader box (and it was unchecked). The join button wasn't, but it did nothing when clicked and checking the UI indicator showed no indication of being in the queue system.
    Role boxes and queue as leader box are purposefully greyed out while inside LFR and you cannot interact with them. Raid members cannot queue (they can click "join" but nothing will happen), but as leader you should have been able to queue. If the auto-queue didn't work then it should have let you queue and said in chat you queued, or told you in chat for one reason or another the queue attempt failed. The moment someone inside LFR leaves it should queue the remaining players, so that's something wrong there if it didn't.

Possible that existing groups aren't being given priority for reforming in the LFR system?
    Groups that are looking for replacement members or groups that have "formed" but someone hit "decline" when trying to form the raid itself are giving the absolute top priority in the queue above anybody else and this is consistent with the data I have seen.
    Last edited by SupermanSocks; 01-19-2017 at 11:13 PM.
    You don't know what these socks are!

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    To clear some things up:

snip..
    The long queue times are being looked into it and we have some ideas of what it might be. With the next hotfix groups of 10 will be placed in front of the queue to allow them to pop first hopefully without waiting.
    Just to recall why the queue time was long for me... It's probably because I was in a tank spec, therefore the LFR only looked for available raids that needed tank(s). Therefore, my guildmates suggested that queuing with a DPS spec would reduce LFR queue times significantly, then switch to specs I prefer to play via request. (This is not the case for SPEs LFG feature, the mindset of "queuing for tank pops faster" is invalid.)
    Last edited by huangchingho; 01-19-2017 at 11:29 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #108

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    Just to recall why the queue time was long for me... It's probably because I was in a tank spec, therefore the LFR only looked for available raids that needed tank(s). Therefore, my guildmates suggested that queuing with a DPS spec would reduce LFR queue times significantly, then switch to specs I prefer to play via request. (This is not the case for SPEs LFG feature, the mindset of "queuing for tank pops faster" is invalid.)
    The queues should have been popping much, much faster. All day just glancing at the LFR queue there were easily 10+ entire groups that could be formed, but the system was not creating them. Queuing as a tank helps for sure but right now it's just not wanting to cooperate and operate quickly. Throughout the day the member to tank ratio was about 10%, meaning only 10% of the people queued were tanks so when the system finally speeds up you'll definitely be on the fast track if you queue for tank. Just be sure to be ready to play the spec it chooses for you if you queue as all four or else you'll have 9 other unhappy people :-P.

When queuing, it doesn't just check a solo spec (tank) to throw you in, so queuing for all four is actually faster than just queuing for tank because as the matchmaker is examining everyone in the queue, they might already have 9 people and just need a DPS meaning the next DPS it finds it will include, so if you were that person and weren't queued for DPS you would not get picked.
    Last edited by SupermanSocks; 01-19-2017 at 11:38 PM.
    You don't know what these socks are!

The queues should have been popping much, much faster. All day just glancing at the LFR queue there were easily 10+ entire groups that could be formed, but the system was not creating them. Queuing as a tank helps for sure but right now it's just not wanting to cooperate and operate quickly. Throughout the day the member to tank ratio was about 10%, meaning only 10% of the people queued were tanks so when the system finally speeds up you'll definitely be on the fast track if you queue for tank. Just be sure to be ready to play the spec it chooses for you if you queue as all four or else you'll have 9 other unhappy people :-P.

When queuing, it doesn't just check a solo spec (tank) to throw you in, so queuing for all four is actually faster than just queuing for tank because as the matchmaker is examining everyone in the queue, they might already have 9 people and just need a DPS meaning the next DPS it finds it will include, so if you were that person and weren't queued for DPS you would not get picked.
    I tried selecting all four roles and queue on a DPS spec, it'd say I'm ineligible to queue as tank and the queue starts looking for raid as a DPS/Healer. (insufficient Guard = DPS/Healer?)
    Yep, it also might be just coincidence, I've only gotten tank pops out of ~10 queues. Whereas my guildies have gotten Healer/DPS. Though, it is true that solo queues pop faster than premades (with 2-3 guidies).

I'm Questioning if this works fully or not. Had an interesting case where mid-fight(first 20 seconds or so) a party member left the raid (didn't receive any message saying they left the raid either, they were just magically ungrouped.)

Continuing on for quite awhile we almost had the boss down when this repeated to another raid member. Again no message for them leaving the raid, just gone.
    This is exactly what I've encountered today, all the players that have left, are saying something kicked them, but not sure what. half the raid was booted for no reason before we can finish up the boss, eventually rest had to leave the instance to queue up again because raid leader states that he/she doesn't have the option to re-queue.

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    There are people randomly dropping/booted from the raid if they:
    -crashed
    -another queue popped (something wrong with LFR)
    -disconnected
    -after half of the raid was booted by the LFR, none of us can invite people or requeue
    -everyone has to leave the raid and wait for however long the queue takes to gather all the raid members. (Tested about 2 hours now, no successful pulls yet, all the queues I've been in, there's 2 people dropped when the fight has just started, then you can't fill the missing members, pull again, half the group is gone, everyone drops and requeue and repeat..)
    Last edited by huangchingho; 01-20-2017 at 12:26 AM.

Thank you for the updates!!

I can appreciate that creating new content does not just happen overnight and fixing such content is also not just going to happen overnight.

Having said that today's in game issues have been INCREDIBLY frustrating.
    On two separate occasions myself and a premade of four others had been kicked from a winning warfront due to server crashes. On another occasion we had one of our premade kicked mid warfront and the SECOND she reconnected was kicked from raid and given the ascended disgrace debuff.

In the end I spent the better part of today either waiting in que for LFR only to have someone refuse every time for about half an hour before I got into a full 10 man. This ended up with one of us being kicked from the raid and replaced with a random and in the process of trying to get them back in the raid with us, had four of us end up with the disgraced debuff as well despite already not having a full raid when people left the party.

That's when we went pvp instead and sure enough a minimum of four crashes before I called it quits for the day...

Pretty far past disappointed and frustrated at this point...I really don't WANT to stop playing rift but I'm feeling more and more like this isn't going to get any better and I really don't feel like anyone of any sway is genuinely apologetic for all of the many issues this expansion has brought to us...

I understand not doing refunds but seriously guys - after nearly three solid months of issues and bugs and misguided information about timeline...I'd say it's about time you start giving out apology packs that contain more than a couple of words on a forum.
    Natarya@Deepwood, Nataya@Deepwood, Racheanna@Deepwood, Natanna@Deepwood, Natsanah@Laethys

Telaran

When will LFR be enabled on EU?

Before 4.1?

Rift Disciple

Yeah , I was cued from 4;00 pm til 9:00 pm . Got multiple cues to enter but someone always refused cue so I was put back supposedly to the front , but seems that it just recued me . Toward the end I got into a group with guildmates and when it finally popped I was with a completely different group than who I cued with . Before we even entered the portal , I left to rejoin my guild group and couldn't cue again with them because of course I had the 30 minute deserter debuff . Going away for the weekend , maybe by Monday you will get things sorted out so I can give it another go .

Rift Disciple

Hexathel is spelled incorrectly in the LFR window.

Rift Disciple

If you decline the ready check while inside of LFR (the 10 man popup window) you will be kicked from the raid.
    Is anyone else confused by this?

Plane Touched

It is weird because you cant readycheck inside the LFR...

Soulwalker

-If you decline the ready check while inside of LFR (the 10 man popup window) you will be kicked from the raid----------------> REALLY??!! wtf, lot of group raid will be down before the end of the raid

-impossible to create a group with my guild and going into the raid??!! need to go in the queue each one of us? wtf

-what about this vote option??!!
    Last edited by chirac; 01-20-2017 at 06:31 AM.

Rift Disciple

But seriously, why is LFR still on live? It failed the smoke test yesterday. You know it was hardly tested on PTS, because it was tied to a zone event that hardly ever completed. Meanwhile the players who are kind enough to test LFR for you on live get no reward for it, only ascended disgrace and bad karma and the onus of doling the same out to the their comrades. It's like a twisted psych experiment that never should have made it past the Human Subjects panel.

Games are supposed to be fun. Please, just put a raid portal in TB so we can have fun fighting the boss. You can test LFR on the PTS and fix it at your convenience.
    Last edited by Bigguss; 01-20-2017 at 06:58 AM.

Rift Disciple

To clear some things up:

You cannot invite specific players into LFR because it is a system managed raid, the only way to get new members is the auto-requeue that should work.
    This really isnt helpful to guilds, and sounds very counter intuitive to raid formation mechanics.

Picture this:

10 man Guild group, 1 guildee has to drop due to RL or w/e, but we have another guild replacement for him.

Are you suggesting there is no way for the guild group to get a guild replacement, instead the vacant spot is auto filled by a random pug?

Isp
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Crewcut View Post
    This really isnt helpful to guilds, and sounds very counter intuitive to raid formation mechanics.

Picture this:

10 man Guild group, 1 guildee has to drop due to RL or w/e, but we have another guild replacement for him.

Are you suggesting there is no way for the guild group to get a guild replacement, instead the vacant spot is auto filled by a random pug?
    They were telling before that if you want to manage your group you need to walk in via portal - then everything will be as usual, but if you use LFR to start the raid then you should continue to use LFR for finding replacement. Basically - don't use LFR for full team runs, only use it if you don't have full team. But currently you cannot enter portal, so LFR is your only option (which also disabled now ). But when (or if) they will fix issues you should be able to use portals for guild runs.
    Last edited by Isp; 01-20-2017 at 07:35 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Isp
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguss View Post
    But seriously, why is LFR still on live? It failed the smoke test yesterday. You know it was hardly tested on PTS, because it was tied to a zone event that hardly ever completed. Meanwhile the players who are kind enough to test LFR for you on live get no reward for it, only ascended disgrace and bad karma and the onus of doling the same out to the their comrades. It's like a twisted psych experiment that never should have made it past the Human Subjects panel.

Games are supposed to be fun. Please, just put a raid portal in TB so we can have fun fighting the boss. You can test LFR on the PTS and fix it at your convenience.
    They told us that it is difficult to enable portal, so when they assumed that only siege itself is broken they disabled siege and enabled LFR which was easy to do. And we found out that LFR is also broken. I guess that if they would not be able to fix LFR soon enough they will add portal - but I doubt that it will happen in February.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast