+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official Day 1 Fortress Siege/Raid Feedback Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #91
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

UPDATE, 3:34 PM PST:
    Dev is going to spawn the vendor and quest giver (for Queen's Foci) in Camp Quagmire. This will be done first on the NA servers, and then after the hotfix on the EU servers as well.

Quest Giver: Daily/Weekly for Queen's Foci
    Vendor: Seals, Upgrade Components, Minions, Drinks

Brasse

Now we just need the zone in portal to be up.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    Selling Credits on NA 1.3p per credit. Buying all REX 2.2k each ~ I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase

Rift Disciple

My experience
    1. Queued solo as tank. Instapop. Someone declined or whatever.\
    2. Still in queue. Nothing happening.
    3. Left queue. Re-queued solo as tank. Instapop. Coincidence?
    4. Raid wiped a few times on the boss. The guy who kindly explained the fight to us dc'd on every pull. Eventually he didn't come back, and we had to kick him. I don't think he deserved -1 karma. Another person left of his/her own accord.
    5. After around 30 seconds the group (8 of us) disbanded for no apparent reason and we were auto-booted from the raid. Is the raid leader able to disband the group, or does LFR autodisband if you don't instafill after a kick?
    6. I almost forgot to mention the 30-minute ascended disgrace debuff. As if randomly disbanding my group wasn't bad enough.

Please chill your ascended disgracefulness. You could start by making people immune if they have spent 30 minutes in the instance or done at least 5 boss pulls.
    Last edited by Bigguss; 01-19-2017 at 08:36 PM.

stuck on my toon as "You are already in a LFR queue" but nothings checked, ive done TONS of things to debug, even too long to say, but i did say every little thing i did in say/yell cause RR was right in front of me.

My guess it FEELS like if you queue for a LFR and you unqueue etc you STUCK in a list of queue priority and you have to wait until that queue list above you goes away before you have any chance to requeue.

This is one of the few times i'm more than glad that US got a patch before EU

TRION you have more than 3 hours to fix it before EU launch *cough cough*
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchstud View Post
    stuck on my toon as "You are already in a LFR queue" but nothings checked, ive done TONS of things to debug, even too long to say, but i did say every little thing i did in say/yell cause RR was right in front of me.

My guess it FEELS like if you queue for a LFR and you unqueue etc you STUCK in a list of queue priority and you have to wait until that queue list above you goes away before you have any chance to requeue.
    Had that similar long ago, when patron friend q. me non-patron to specifiec WF, then he cancels q. to get 1 more guy ...and me stuck forever in q.
    As I recall fix was to swap to 1st level character, then back (or maybe shift own level to 10 and back, don't remember for sure).
    Last edited by alexzk; 01-19-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Hubby and I just got into the queue and waited around then it popped the raid group to go in , however 5 of us just ended up standing waiting it did not port us in. To be told the group inside would have to kill a mob for us to not receive a deserter flag , then to hear the complaints of who was not healing correctly etc while part of the group got left behind was enough for us for now.

30 Minute deserter even though it was broken and did not take the full group in.
    Last edited by Felinae; 01-19-2017 at 05:10 PM.

Telaran

Default LFR Broken

Seeing many groups of 10 not getting que... ??

Better to queue solo, but then you face the following as well: multiple queues and kicks due to too many in raid (not their fault).. Those getting kicked have the debuff, what's going on...

Problems continue... good try, but this is getting old..

Default Some Hexathel Feedback

- Webtoss is slightly too fast of a cast. A 1.2 second cast is difficult to consistently interrupt, although it's pretty trivial if it's missed.

- Boss HP could go up while add HP goes down. PUG groups very easily get overwhelmed while groups with high DPS can ignore them entirely. The adds could also use additional mechanics.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 01-19-2017 at 06:52 PM.

I'd like to see the add hp go way down and add in an Anrak add mechanic. Right now you don't even need the second tank or second healer so the dps check is trivial.

I think the fight needs a second phase with different mechanics (aside from the adds) as you basically just pew pew and run to various corners until the boss is dead. Might be too difficult for pugs, but that fight would be perfect for a RoF triplets mechanic. You get a buff that corresponds to a corner. If you aren't in your matching corner in 10s, you start to take ticks of damage (about as much as the red gridlines). Just something to make the fight a little less monotonous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort

Plane Touched

So first we queued with two 10 man groups from our guild. 30 mins nothing happened queue wise. Then we queued with 1 group of 8 and another of 7. closing in on 30 minutes and no queue. People just lol'ing and logging off in guild. Another nail in the coffin of Rift...

Default Feedback

So apparently, everyone was excited about the new features, and here I am at Camp Quagmire, so much people there, but there's only the vendor, the quest-giver is missing/killed.
    Spoiler!

So switching to Greybriar, temporarily fixed the issue. (Quest-giver wasn't spawned in all shards?)
    Spoiler!

Queue is sometimes bugged: (The ready button is non-clickable)
    Spoiler!

-Queue sometimes show as Random Starfall Prophecy Experts (10 man), not sure if intended or outdated/bug
    Spoiler!

-"LFR request timed out, you have been requeued." The automatic requeue does not seem to work.
    -Already in queue but Ctrl-I interface/ LFR icon besides clock doesn't appear that we are in queue
    -Tried going into a Warfront, hoping that the "invisible LFR queue will reset", no luck.
    -Tried exiting RIFT and waited for 3min, relog, issued fixed.
    -Queuing with premades (2-3 people), the group-leader cannot leave the queue therefore, everyone has to exit RIFT and use the method above. (Queue does not pop after waiting half an hour even with patron)
    -only solo queues have ever worked for me, not sure about 10man premades. (Queue time too long/not working for 2-3 people queues)

There's no ready check. Without comms, It's difficult to tell if people are idle or ready (as a tank/raid leader).

This brings to the question: what is the definition of a raid leader? Currently it has no use other than passing people assistance which also has no use. (well, they only have the authority to mark stuff)

For starters, will there be Tutorial Tips like the one we already have to tell newcomers about mechanics such as purging, jumping through red walls, moving to white tiles, interrupts, cleaving etc...?

Will there be indication for raid karma/elo? Possibly an interface?

There are people randomly dropping/booted from the raid if they:
    -crashed
    -another queue popped (something wrong with LFR)
    -disconnected
    -after half of the raid was booted by the LFR, none of us can invite people or requeue
    -everyone has to leave the raid and wait for however long the queue takes to gather all the raid members. (Tested about 2 hours now, no successful pulls yet, all the queues I've been in, there's 2 people dropped when the fight has just started, then you can't fill the missing members, pull again, half the group is gone, everyone drops and requeue and repeat..)

Mechanics:
    -On a second pull, upon reaching the second white tile that is spawned, everything turned red all in sudden and the the raid was wiped, tank was the only one survived. (I assume 61 Oracle's DtF maybe useful here?)

And, now the servers went offline just when we are about to pull the boss...
    Last edited by huangchingho; 01-19-2017 at 09:05 PM.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #103

To clear some things up:

Not being able to perform a ready check using conventional methods is not intended and has already been fixed for the next hotfix.

When you log out or d/c, the game automatically unqueues you.

When someone leaves an already in-progress LFR made raid, the system automatically queues you up to find a replacement, at any time if you hit the "leave" button (you'll be prompted) you will be kicked from the raid. If you decline the ready check while inside of LFR (the 10 man popup window) you will be kicked from the raid. As for people just getting "removed", that's the first I've heard of it and will look into it.

Raids of > 10 people being formed is being looked into, the current cause is unknown as this is a new bug.

You cannot invite specific players into LFR because it is a system managed raid, the only way to get new members is the auto-requeue that should work, but if it does not your raid leader should be able to queue you by going to Activities -> Looking For Raid -> Join. Assuming you're not at 10 people, it should queue you up to find replacement members.

Being unable to join/leave the queue - I have a decent idea of what might be causing this and should hopefully be fixed in the next hotfix. Until then I recommend relogging if this happens.

The long queue times are being looked into it and we have some ideas of what it might be. With the next hotfix groups of 10 will be placed in front of the queue to allow them to pop first hopefully without waiting.
    Last edited by SupermanSocks; 01-19-2017 at 10:37 PM.
    You don't know what these socks are!

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    No worries, Nogardgib, there weren't any attacks against other players in that post, and he is right - if we could muster the massive numbers on PTS we would have caught this weeks ago.
    Brasse
    I'm sorry, but with all due respect, Nogardgib was correct. There were baiting attacks against other players, specifically those he/she stated were "crying" and "whining" on this thread. And I guess you didn't see the snarky "bye felicia" comment as well? I guess using trolling and baiting comments towards other players is acceptable, provided it is done in direct defense of Rift/Trion. That is disappointing to see, and sadly hypocritical, in my opinion

It is also disappointing to read that the player base is somehow at fault here. So because a "massive" amount of people, (ie: the player base that just wants to play the game and not necessarily play to submit bug reports) didn't play on the PTS, that is the reason why content is being released in a "broken" state?

With my own continued "whining", I am imploring you to please, please take a deep look within the organization and take responsibility and acknowledgement for what is happening here, the reasons why and what is being done in the future to address this. If you cannot, please find someone above your authority who can. The Rift Development Team is awesome and doing their best, but their expectancy to release new content with the resources provided and scheduling they are given is strongly appearing to be way over their heads. Please strongly consider this and get it done sooner than later before there are not enough players left to even play the game, let alone testing future content.
    Last edited by Letobrick; 01-21-2017 at 11:24 AM. Reason: corrected spelling of names

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    You cannot invite specific players into LFR because it is a system managed raid, the only way to get new members is the auto-requeue that should work, but if it does not your raid leader should be able to queue you by going to Activities -> Looking For Raid -> Join. Assuming you're not at 10 people, it should queue you up to find replacement members.
    I'm Questioning if this works fully or not. Had an interesting case where mid-fight(first 20 seconds or so) a party member left the raid (didn't receive any message saying they left the raid either, they were just magically ungrouped.)

Continuing on for quite awhile we almost had the boss down when this repeated to another raid member. Again no message for them leaving the raid, just gone.

Tried checking LFR to see if I could re-enter but the all the role's and their check boxes were grayed out, as was the queue for leader box (and it was unchecked). The join button wasn't, but it did nothing when clicked and checking the UI indicator showed no indication of being in the queue system.

Tried to kill the boss down 2 dps but at around 15% or so we were severly overrun with adds and wiped. Eventually I gave up and left the party (gaining deserter of course) and not long after is when the shards went down again.

But to me it seems hard to believe that the system was trying to refill those empty slots since we were in there with 1 / 2 empty slots for quite some time. From my PoV the LFR queue system was popping groups fairly quickly in the time between the first downtime and the second.

Possible that existing groups aren't being given priority for reforming in the LFR system? Or maybe just an issue with recognizing lower number groups and re-entering them in the system to begin with?

EDIT:
    I was raid leader (as determined by 100% PUG LFR raid).
    Last edited by Zehne; 01-19-2017 at 11:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast