+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official Day 1 Fortress Siege/Raid Feedback Thread

Rift Disciple

While devs are here, please check rollbacks. I'm returning to siege entry from instances, no matter where I was before for 2 days. Seems like broken DB. Afraid to loose stuffs/updates >:
    Gona suspend costly actvities, like fragmet updates or so.
    Ingame report is sent too.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by alexzk View Post
    While devs are here, please check rollbacks. I'm returning to siege entry from instances, no matter where I was before for 2 days. Seems like broken DB. Afraid to loose stuffs/updates >:
    Think they messed their teleports up. Im guessing this was to prevent people logging off during a siege inside it, and logging back in to a closed fortress, but then it broke. It probably has nothing to do with rollbacks, as i think trion would announce stuff like that.

But then again, its trion.
    Last edited by Alleja zaviel; 01-19-2017 at 09:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Accept that the egregious and obvious mistake you want fixed may be implemented by design and may not be a mistake at all.
    If we see it as an egregious and obvious mistake, maybe there should be more communication to tell us that it is not?
    Alleja Imalla Mjolln Ketllina <Servants of None> @zaviel

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #78
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Thank you, looking into it!
    Brasse

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #79

Originally Posted by alexzk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleja zaviel View Post
    Think they messed their teleports up. Im guessing this was to prevent people logging off during a siege inside it, and logging back in to a closed fortress, but then it broke. It probably has nothing to do with rollbacks, as i think trion would announce stuff like that.
    Response from Tacitus:
    Zoning out and showing up someplace else is a general bug that just started, and is known. Not a rollback thing.

I know it's a short statement, but they are all working hard on the Fortress Siege and related issues. It is at least reassuring and I'll get more detail as I can.
    I am going to make a new post about this bug, and ask CS to put up an MOTD, because it is sure to cause serious concern among players. I have a note in to the Dev working on it to ask for an update on the fix.

Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 01-19-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Dungeon Siege
    You really need to start a $5 jar for this or something along those lines.

Last edited by Noobly; 01-19-2017 at 10:12 AM.

Champion

Maybe that's just it and Brasse wasn't mistakenly calling it Dungeon Sieges all this time. It would explain why it took so long to get them to live servers and them breaking straight away, if all the devs are actually working on something completely different, or even a completely different game (Dungon Sieges and not Fortress Sieges which we got)
    <Tyael@Gelidra>
    ...Stack on 8...

Telaran

why do i keep getting ported to xarth every time i zone out of anywhere?

i hope there is some compensation for the cost of our portal fees.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #83

Yeah, mea culpa. I am STILL using "Dungeon" instead of "Fortress," even though I am successfully writing '2017" everywhere.
    Let me see if I have $5 to put in said jar. =)

MOTD will go up shortly in game:

Hello all! If you exit an instance/dimension and find yourself in an unexpected location, this is a known bug, but is NOT a rollback. We're working on it!

snr
    Soulwalker

When will that boss be up in LFR?

Dapyx@Zaviel
    9/9 MoM

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #85

The raid sliver with Hexethal is in internal testing now. We'll post an ETA when it is being pushed live. It may be as early as today.

Telaran

when will there be a fix for the porting to random places issue?

Poor Brasse,

For weeks we heard her specifically state "we know you don't like broken content so it will be released when its finished." Weeks now. Then this whole fiasco is released and its Brasse who has to get the mop n bucket to clean it up. She can't win.

I would suggest to refrain from saying things in the future that are only set yourself up. Nothing is ever going to be released after it's 100% finished. Nothing.

I know your job is to polish the dirty thing up to make it look clean but some things just shouldn't be said. I strongly suggest that you or anyone from the company never look directly into the camera during a Rift livestream and say "we are going to make sure it is working before we release it", ever again.

• The issue of too many npc/pc's in an area and causing rendering issues should not be a shocker, this is a very normal behavior in high pop areas in Rift.
    • The issue where the health of the mobs scaled past the 32bit limit should have been identified as a potential issue and a limiter been placed. To me this is an indication that the company did not have an number of players they expected to attend the event, and to me means that they don't know their max daily user login count.
    • The issue with the boss not attacking or doing abilities is a VERY common issue with bosses, normally this is caught on PTS, and apparently it was working 2months ago and was pushed live. This is called the mobs "brain" not working and for this to release to live tells me that this build was not fully tested internally.

You still have players who want to play this game, but they paid for an expansion and should not be required to test content that y'all are already late releasing. You have internal testers and a QA team. You have player testers who are dedicated to testing. If this was not enough testers or not frequent enough test sessions you should have incentivized testing to the general community player base.

This content release felt rushed and seems like the company felt pressured to release "something" just to appease the player base, and yet we got this bug filled patch that got disabled in under a day, which only made the player base even more dissatisfied.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Poor Brasse,

For weeks we heard her specifically state "we know you don't like broken content so it will be released when its finished." Weeks now. Then this whole fiasco is released and its Brasse who has to get the mop n bucket to clean it up. She can't win.

I would suggest to refrain from saying things in the future that are only set yourself up. Nothing is ever going to be released after it's 100% finished. Nothing.

I know your job is to polish the dirty thing up to make it look clean but some things just shouldn't be said. I strongly suggest that you or anyone from the company never look directly into the camera during a Rift livestream and say "we are going to make sure it is working before we release it", ever again.

• The issue of too many npc/pc's in an area and causing rendering issues should not be a shocker, this is a very normal behavior in high pop areas in Rift.
    • The issue where the health of the mobs scaled past the 32bit limit should have been identified as a potential issue and a limiter been placed. To me this is an indication that the company did not have an number of players they expected to attend the event, and to me means that they don't know their max daily user login count.
    • The issue with the boss not attacking or doing abilities is a VERY common issue with bosses, normally this is caught on PTS, and apparently it was working 2months ago and was pushed live. This is called the mobs "brain" not working and for this to release to live tells me that this build was not fully tested internally.

You still have players who want to play this game, but they paid for an expansion and should not be required to test content that y'all are already late releasing. You have internal testers and a QA team. You have player testers who are dedicated to testing. If this was not enough testers or not frequent enough test sessions you should have incentivized testing to the general community player base.

This content release felt rushed and seems like the company felt pressured to release "something" just to appease the player base, and yet we got this bug filled patch that got disabled in under a day, which only made the player base even more dissatisfied.
    What he said x1meeeellion
    *Fancy signature graphics followed by fancy looking Fonts with all the colors*
    BISCULTS@WOLFSBANE, GRAYSKULL WARRIOR LEAD AND LIFE COACH
    The Real Rift Community Discord!

"I'll give YOU a punishing blow" - DarkDaemon 2016

Rift Disciple

[QUOTE=Deeew;5283480
    The issue with the boss not attacking or doing abilities is a VERY common issue with bosses, normally this is caught on PTS, and apparently it was working 2months ago and was pushed live. This is called the mobs "brain" not working and for this to release to live tells me that this build was not fully tested internally.
    [/QUOTE]

This issue exists since beginning actually. When you try to kill -15 lvl boss some of them live long enough to see bugs. For example, "droid factory", locked last 2 bosses. If you kill mobs inside faster then 10s after gates are opened - it will be no boss spawns inside at all.

So this means, server scripting events are bad, for example, eventr triggers exactly at 40% health. But if u do high enough dps it will be 50, then 30 and event never happens.

This issue comes from bad initial planning, it was balanced around health/dmg at 50 and was not supposed to be extended behind initial 50 level. That's why they can't copy-paste old instances too, they need to revise all those events.

I think they need to change that event system (very expensive) or next updates do as horizontal scale. Because game will get much more issues at next 75 if any.

P.S. other example - ashenfell, instanced last, 200k dps is too much for it, 1 and 3 crystals spawn not in order, speach is broken, etc. That comes from the same issue - script system was not supposed to be scaled initially 5 years ago.
    Last edited by alexzk; 01-19-2017 at 01:34 PM.

This issue exists since beginning actually. When you try to kill -15 lvl boss some of them live long enough to see bugs. For example, "droid factory", locked last 2 bosses. If you kill mobs inside faster then 10s after gates are opened - it will be no boss spawns inside at all.

So this means, server scripting events are bad, for example, eventr triggers exactly at 40% health. But if u do high enough dps it will be 50, then 30 and event never happens.

This issue comes from bad initial planning, it was balanced around health/dmg at 50 and was not supposed to be extended behind initial 50 level. That's why they can't copy-paste old instances too, they need to revise all those events.

I think they need to change that event system (very expensive) or next updates do as horizontal scale. Because game will get much more issues at next 75 if any.

P.S. other example - ashenfell, instanced last, 200k dps is too much for it, 1 and 3 crystals spawn not in order, speach is broken, etc. That comes from the same issue - script system was not supposed to be scaled initially 5 years ago.
    I understand what your saying and yes that is an issue; however that's not what happened to the first boss in the raid which was not attacking or doing any actions. That's a brain state not working correctly or not connected to the boss.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast