+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official Day 1 Fortress Siege/Raid Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by alliance View Post
    what was the consideration to not upen the LFR?

then we at least can do stuff
    Do what? Kill the boss that has no attack animation (no attacks whatsoever), an idle boss?
    Last edited by Sinishaa; 01-18-2017 at 12:11 PM.

Soulwalker

The lag was weird for me I could move just fine but my spells would not work, I had to press a spell 10 plus times to get it to go off. Even tried changing graphics it did not help.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #33
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alleja zaviel View Post
    Should a plumber not fix your pipe if he's not feeling kind that day? See where the logic fails?
    I happen to have a lot of experience with plumbers. I call them, they eventually show up, though never quite as fast as I wish, I pay them a LOT, and I always say thank you.
    I want them to be happy to come back next time to help me out.
    Same goes for the clerk who helps me get a replacement for a faulty product, the person who remakes the burger with mayo (ugh!), and so on. We are all human. =)

This is also why I am thanking players for triggering a bug that we could not have predicted. No one expected the massive number of players taking part in this event at one time; it was truly something we could not have tested for nor anticipated.

And also, thank you for your patience. This is clearly a game feature that evokes a lot of interest!
    Brasse

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sykoyuki View Post
    You know, I'm seeing a lot of people crying over this. There is a simple fix. You want the devs to stop releasing things and then having to take them down immediately due to having too many people on the live shards and something breaking? DO THE DEVS A FAVOR AND HELP THEM TEST ON THE TEST SHARD! They can't immediately anticipate that EVERYONE on the live shards is going to instantly jump to the new zone event.
    The problem with this argument is that, for those of us with full time jobs, we don't exactly have ample amounts of time to play the game to begin with. Testing on the PTS, essentially doing the job of Trion's seemingly nonexistent QA team, cuts into what little time us working adults already have to actually play the game, so quite frankly we don't want to. If my unwillingness be an unpaid QA tester leads to the game's ultimate destruction, then the game never deserved to survive to begin with.

I fully anticipated everything being broken day 1, but what concerns me more is that from what I'm reading, there seem to be the exact same issues the forays into fortress events in early NMT experienced. Namely, the intense zone lag that made these events almost unplayable. I was working under the assumption that systems would have been improved / upgraded to account for this, but if they weren't, the problem extends far beyond buggy bosses or health buff bugs. To echo Deew, how did the development team not see this coming?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    I happen to have a lot of experience with plumbers. I call them, they eventually show up, though never quite as fast as I wish, I pay them a LOT, and I always say thank you.
    I want them to be happy to come back next time to help me out.
    Same goes for the clerk who helps me get a replacement for a faulty product, the person who remakes the burger with mayo (ugh!), and so on. We are all human. =)

This is also why I am thanking players for triggering a bug that we could not have predicted. No one expected the massive number of players taking part in this event at one time; it was truly something we could not have tested for nor anticipated.

And also, thank you for your patience. This is clearly a game feature that evokes a lot of interest!
    Brasse
    I am genuinely curious here when I ask this. How did no one predict that the people playing the game, a great number of them, would want to play new content right when it was released?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Alleja zaviel View Post
    It is not my job to test a game for free - while it is in rifts best interest if i do it, i paid for a product i recieve and can play, not a product i need to test before playing. And you are never going to get this much players on a test shard anyway.

That is her direct job as a community manager. Is a plumber you call to fix a leaking pipe kind enough because he does it? Should a plumber not fix your pipe if he's not feeling kind that day? See where the logic fails?

They can and should anticipate the worst. If a number increases for every player, and there is a limit on said number, thats not something that should be overlooked.

This is true and needs to be heard by people on forums.
    1. Given, no it is not your job, it does help them release the content better. Most games do open beta testing for that exact reason. The games that have higher numbers in tests have less bugs in release.

2. Yes, I would thank a plumber that comes out to fix my leaking pipe. Why? Because it's called common curtesy. It is nice to know that your work is appreciated, outside of just being paid for it. I have worked customer service. I have had the job to make things right for people. It is a lot easier to do your job in customer service knowing that people appreciate it, not that they just expect it because it's my job.

3. Without being able to anticipate just how many people will appear for a ZE the first time it appears, you can't set an effective cap. I know of at least 3 full 20 man raids at that ZE in the first place. If they had set a cap, who's to say that cap wouldn't have been too low and the same issues wouldn't have happened? It really does all go back to having more people help out on the test shard. Without people being willing to help them out and find bugs, this is going to happen a lot.

I'm not saying that you personally have to help on the test shard. If you don't want to, that's fine. No one is expecting it. All I am saying is that people that want to complain about things like this have a way to fix it.

Telaran

Default Is this a meme worhty this day?

I will be back in a few months:

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sykoyuki View Post

3. Without being able to anticipate just how many people will appear for a ZE the first time it appears, you can't set an effective cap. I know of at least 3 full 20 man raids at that ZE in the first place. If they had set a cap, who's to say that cap wouldn't have been too low and the same issues wouldn't have happened? It really does all go back to having more people help out on the test shard. Without people being willing to help them out and find bugs, this is going to happen a lot.
    See, that part can't be anything else but bollocks. Trion is usually hapy to tout that they have "data". And since they should have the "data" it only leaves one conclusion, that they then have no idea how to properly interpret their data. To not know the estimate of players that would try an event like this right after its (highly) anticipated release, is a rather poor excuse.

If you have log in and activity data from daily and weekly logs, you should be able to estiame rather easily how many players will show up. Simple as that. And thus can't say you were suddently suprised at the number of people that showed up. And another thing, Rift doesn't have a huge player population to begin with. Imagine how this would have gone if it did have.

Soulwalker

No one expected the massive number of players taking part in this event at one time; it was truly something we could not have tested for nor anticipated.
    Brasse
    what kind of world your living in? Still lets say your event is broken and you could unforsee the massive lag. Why the LFR cant be opened? Someone here mentioned its not really working great, shouldnt that been tested in background, just takes 10 men to test that part.

****ING OPEN THAT PART

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by alliance View Post
    what kind of world your living in? Still lets say your event is broken and you could unforsee the massive lag. Why the LFR cant be opened? Someone here mentioned its not really working great, shouldnt that been tested in background, just takes 10 men to test that part.

****ING OPEN THAT PART
    They can't open LFR because the one boss LFR will let you queue for is broken.

Rift Master

Damnit my guild was planning to have fun with this tonight.

During the livestream I did ask whether the team were ready for the amount of people, i.e. the entire EU population on one server in one zone.I must say it was quite frustrating because I couldn't get a response and therefore an acknowledgement that this could be a problem. Regardless of the HP bug, the server lag I am told was a big issue and will be in the future. I think its fair to say this part of the problem should have been anticipated.

With regards to the bug resetting the hp. Has the team not tested the boss bolstering system with extreme(in this case max) values or is there a lot more interleaved problems going on here that makes it difficult to anticipate this issue?

I know a lot of us are generally quite upset with the state of Rift at this time but let's try not to get too angry. Hopefully this can get fixed fairly quickly and measures taken for the influx of players
    Last edited by Balidin; 01-18-2017 at 12:55 PM.

And it happens because the tests were done at times that most of the EU players cannot loggin because it's too late here; Probably if TRION sets their tests within a timetable able to everyone and not just for USA players and a few from EU who can loggin at such hours you could test it with a lot more players around.

Another idea to get more players involves in PTS would be give something out for testing, something "useless but nice" like tittles, some looks or whatever, but if you stills doing your tests at 23:00/00:00 EU time and on weekdays you won't get too many players at PTS and things like what happened today gonna be there for a long time.

It's not funny to feel like a tester in Live, because today it seemed like a stress test to me more than a Live release content.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Plane Touched

Brasse
    see: this right here doesnt make sense to me. you mean to tell us that after two months of thread after thread after thread and the OVERWHELMING feedback that the vast majority of players in the game are waiting for group content. after all that. you're telling us you couldnt concieve that people might show up on the day you release the first real group content of the expansion? really?

bugs are bugs, and bugs happen. i get that. but "not expecting" such a turnout for this event is indicitive of the same problem that caused fae yule to launch without enabling the fae yule warfront.

i get that you are probably working ridiculous hours trying to compensate for this expansion being released in the state that it was. but these seem like abvious problems that could have been fixed if the proper planning had been made.
    Last edited by Neurotix; 01-18-2017 at 01:16 PM.

Please post feedback on today's efforts to this thread, so that it's all in one place.
    I know you read the forums so you've seen how frustrated your players have been with content being missing. You told them all to be patient and wait. So, after two months you release something that fails literally the first time it runs.

At this point, you're effectively relying on pathos to prevent more people leaving.

You had one chance at this...

snr
    Soulwalker

The miniboss on the far east side,which spawns a lot of adds also creates a bit of lag problems. It died last, so when everyone else came to help, I couldn't see the adds anymore.

Dapyx@Zaviel
    9/9 MoM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast