+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official Day 1 Fortress Siege/Raid Feedback Thread

Telaran

not happy with this at all. i cant believe i paid for this game, everything that was advertised in the expansion has either not been delivered upon or was released broken and taken offline.

From my perspective everything was originally going ok. No real lag on the outside walls or the second part for that matter.

However on the Charging Cannon phase, the ****e went south quick. There was MAJOR ability lag in the realm of 10 - 15 seconds, mobs were either invisible or they appeared and disappeared. A lot of people were locked up solid or lagged until disconnected multiple times.

Once the Cannons were charge and phase was advanced, it was over before most people even knew what happened. Only a few people received Tokens.

Then after siege was over, the Looking For Raid feature was not working and you had to manually form raids and make multiple attempts to enter the portal before you could get in.

Only a few groups were able to get in and down the boss before everyone was booted from the raid instance back to the main region portal.

And now no one can get in to the portal.

So my feedback would be this was quite unimpressive and disappointing. We invested a lot of time for a broken feature. Only a few people were lucky enough to complete it and gain the currencies, achievements, etc.

Rift Chaser

Good to know Rift has enough players left to break things like this.

Soulwalker

You know, I'm seeing a lot of people crying over this. There is a simple fix. You want the devs to stop releasing things and then having to take them down immediately due to having too many people on the live shards and something breaking? DO THE DEVS A FAVOR AND HELP THEM TEST ON THE TEST SHARD! They can't immediately anticipate that EVERYONE on the live shards is going to instantly jump to the new zone event. Even if they did anticipate that, they cannot be expected to know just how many people are going to be online right when the new event pops. It happens. If you don't like it, help them on the test shard, or find another game. At least they are working to fix the issue AND Brasse is being kind enough to keep us updated and tell us what they are doing as they do it! Chill for a few hours, let them work, and give USEFUL input instead of "you guys suck, I quit." To that, I say "Bye, Felicia!" less people for me to have to listen to whine about things that could have been fixed by helping them to beta test instead of expecting them to instantly come up with fixes for things they aren't able to fully anticipate and prepare for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykoyuki View Post
    You know, I'm seeing a lot of people crying over this. There is a simple fix. You want the devs to stop releasing things and then having to take them down immediately due to having too many people on the live shards and something breaking? DO THE DEVS A FAVOR AND HELP THEM TEST ON THE TEST SHARD! They can't immediately anticipate that EVERYONE on the live shards is going to instantly jump to the new zone event. Even if they did anticipate that, they cannot be expected to know just how many people are going to be online right when the new event pops. It happens. If you don't like it, help them on the test shard, or find another game. At least they are working to fix the issue AND Brasse is being kind enough to keep us updated and tell us what they are doing as they do it! Chill for a few hours, let them work, and give USEFUL input instead of "you guys suck, I quit." To that, I say "Bye, Felicia!" less people for me to have to listen to whine about things that could have been fixed by helping them to beta test instead of expecting them to instantly come up with fixes for things they aren't able to fully anticipate and prepare for.
    Please do not try to derail this thread by baiting, attacking other players, etc. Some of us want useful communication that is going to lead to this being fixed sooner rather than later and recently these kinds of posts have cause threads to be locked and ignored.
    Last edited by Nogardgib; 01-20-2017 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Heya, just to be clear, this is an unforseen issue within the encounter code, not the servers themselves.
    That said, any time we have new content and MASSIVE numbers of people in one zone, it gets laggy. Devs are discussing that as well.
    Brasse
    This part isn't exactly new content. Fortress Zone Events were attempted at the beginning of Nightmare Tide and the issues seen today were the exact same issues encountered 2 years ago before they were shut off and abandoned.

Shadowlander

Please update the in game MOTD with the status (that the event is disabled). I'm a bit tired of people asking over and over again whats up -- not everyone reads the forums.

Telaran

Default expected

Friend was lucky to get new tokens, achieves, plus gear .. really nice gear x 2

While I did all the same content with another group and got zero.. We did not get boss down before they pulled the plug.. But grats to those that did...

Looking forward to the fix, ready to try again with a smoother experience...
    Last edited by Zendure; 01-18-2017 at 11:56 AM.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #24
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

No worries, Nogardjib, there weren't any attacks against other players in that post, and he is right - if we could muster the massive numbers on PTS we would have caught this weeks ago.

As it is, we are VERY grateful to those who gave it a go today, and we'll have it back up as soon as we can. The internal Dev chat is on fire as they sort it all out, with Vladd leading the charge!
    Brasse

Rift Disciple

You want the devs to stop releasing things and then having to take them down immediately due to having too many people on the live shards and something breaking? DO THE DEVS A FAVOR AND HELP THEM TEST ON THE TEST SHARD!
    It is not my job to test a game for free - while it is in rifts best interest if i do it, i paid for a product i recieve and can play, not a product i need to test before playing. And you are never going to get this much players on a test shard anyway.

Brasse is being kind enough to keep us updated and tell us what they are doing as they do it!
    That is her direct job as a community manager. Is a plumber you call to fix a leaking pipe kind enough because he does it? Should a plumber not fix your pipe if he's not feeling kind that day? See where the logic fails?

They can't immediately anticipate that EVERYONE on the live shards is going to instantly jump to the new zone event.
    They can and should anticipate the worst. If a number increases for every player, and there is a limit on said number, thats not something that should be overlooked.

let them work, and give USEFUL input instead of "you guys suck, I quit."
    This is true and needs to be heard by people on forums.
    Accept that the egregious and obvious mistake you want fixed may be implemented by design and may not be a mistake at all.
    If we see it as an egregious and obvious mistake, maybe there should be more communication to tell us that it is not?
    Alleja Imalla Illvana Mjolln Ketllina <Servants of None> @zaviel

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by samebira View Post
    Please update the in game MOTD with the status (that the event is disabled). I'm a bit tired of people asking over and over again whats up -- not everyone reads the forums.
    Yep, working on it! Should be up shortly.
    Brasse

2 main things you MUST know first before posting things like this:
    1. PTS and LIVE are 2 different things, 2 different realms with 2 different types of players. That means that if one thing happens on PTS it doesen't mean the same will be on LIVE.
    2. Errors can also happen while patching things. Those things are something that devs can't anticipate ever. And no matter how many testing is done on Pts there will always be errors on LIVE. How big errors depends on the code and on the team doing it.
    Everyone makes mistakes. The question is how fast they can fix them...

Soulwalker

No worries, Nogardjib, there weren't any attacks against other players in that post, and he is right - if we could muster the massive numbers on PTS we would have caught this weeks ago.

As it is, we are VERY grateful to those who gave it a go today, and we'll have it back up as soon as we can. The internal Dev chat is on fire as they sort it all out, with Vladd leading the charge!
    Brasse

Thanks for keeping us updated, Brasse! The only issues I faced myself was massive lag on the third phase before the boss spawn. I was showing around 63 latency (which was great), but my FPS tanked from my normal 60-70 down to 20 with a ton of delay on casts. I was awarded the achieves like I should have been, but no planarite during the ZE or any Fortress Tokens at the end (if we should have been given them).

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    This part isn't exactly new content. Fortress Zone Events were attempted at the beginning of Nightmare Tide and the issues seen today were the exact same issues encountered 2 years ago before they were shut off and abandoned.
    They need to stop making events with TONS OF INVASIONS (omg epic weeee) and instead just have giant elite mobs with alot of HP. That would cut down on the rendering of mobs and lag.

Soulwalker

what was the consideration to not upen the LFR?

then we at least can do stuff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast