+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Temple of Ananke < Killthraxus > Fix Please !

Default Temple of Ananke < Killthraxus > Fix Please !

So already im tired of always random queuing Thuath'de Coven , but when i get a dungeon that i need and spend 1 hour on Killthraxus boss that makes the whole 5man Disconnects .

I did it again tonite spent 8 wipes results =

7 wipes all 5 members disconnected
    1 wipe all 5 members could not attack or do any spells on pillar.

we ended all leaving with anger .

Fix your **** for the love of god .
    IGN: Queenleona @ Greybriar

Telaran

Trion,

This is still a problem. It seems to be graphics related and seems to crash systems about the time spikes come up from the floor.
    Last edited by rutte; 12-11-2016 at 06:29 PM.

Soulwalker

The game is still crashing for at least 1 member of the party in every single run.

Can we please have some insight on why this keeps happening? Are you even looking into this error? If you google "Killthraxus crash" you get 3 results - So maybe you think this is not a big of a deal, but trust me, it is: a lot of people complain about it in the allchat/guildchat/grpchat.

It does not seem to be client related, since 32 and 64 bit users experience it.
    Last edited by Arakenek; 12-12-2016 at 02:54 AM.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

If you have any extra info regarding this it would be extremely helpful. We've been trying to reproduce it internally and have not been able to. If you can provide any details to get the lock up to happen outside of "do the fight" (which is sadly all I know how to do it randomly get it to happen), it would be appreciated.
    You don't know what these socks are!

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    If you have any extra info regarding this it would be extremely helpful. We've been trying to reproduce it internally and have not been able to. If you can provide any details to get the lock up to happen outside of "do the fight" (which is sadly all I know how to do it randomly get it to happen), it would be appreciated.
    So it happens about 10 seconds into the pillar aoe spawning. I had this issue the other night on both the 32 and the 64 bit clients.

(1) We start the fight, and get the boss down to the 75% or whatever
    (2) the pillar starts the AoE and I start running to the right side of the pillar if you are facing it from the path to the boss.
    (3) once the pillar moves a few times, game locks up, like clockwork, every time.

I've done this dungeon before a couple times before this started happening and had no issues.

The other night this happened 3 times on 64 bit client and 2 on 32 bit client. Then, 2 days ago it happened again on the 64 bit client. Same boss, same dungeon.

Hopefully that's at least somewhat helpful. It seems to be linked to the pillar starting aoe, for me anyway.

Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.4GHZ, 8GB RAM, 64 bit Windows 10, Invidia Geforce GTX 670MX is the specs of the comp I usually play on if it helps.
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

Rift Disciple

Someone mentioned in discord chat about it happening when a primalist is in group. I asked a couple people from guild that had been in these disconnect situations. They had only disconnected when a primalist was in the group. May be something to look into. (It does make more than just the primalist disconnect)

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Chops13 View Post
    Someone mentioned in discord chat about it happening when a primalist is in group. I asked a couple people from guild that had been in these disconnect situations. They had only disconnected when a primalist was in the group. May be something to look into. (It does make more than just the primalist disconnect)
    Don't think that's totally it.

We had 4 mages and a rogue.

2 mages crashed so hard they had to reset their whole computer.

I myself have never had a problem with it. And I've run it multi times.

But I've only had it happen with a least 1 rogue now that I think of it. Again it's never effected me.

And it's only been on the Pillar AoE I believe. So that's it where the crash happens, Pillar AoE phase.

If Trion can't seem to make it crash it will be impossible to fix. You can't fix something if it runs perfectly for you because there is nothing to fix.
    Last edited by Chrissibow; 12-12-2016 at 09:03 PM.

I have seen this happen to multiple people at the exact same time in the fight, and it is as described as above. Shortly after the first pillar AE / Gyel fortress style AE where flames shoot out at 90 degree intervals and rotate around a bit. Pretty much just as we're starting to move around the pillar to avoid that moving AE, that's when it will freeze.

Cannot even close rift via Task Manager when this happens. Have to force reboot of my computer. Running Windows 10, and 32 bit version of the game.

Telaran

Unless someone else has different info it seems to only happen to people running Nvidia graphics cards. I have a Nvidia 1070 and have not had the problem but have seen a couple of people in our guild have the issue every time. They are running Nvidia cards and do have the latest drivers installed. One of them had an older driver and updated it to see if it fixed the problem but it did not.

We could be looking at the wrong cause but as I said, it seems to only be affecting people with Nvidia graphics cards.

Rift Chaser

Have had it happen to my wife and me, both have nvidia cards. Rogue, mage x3, warrior in group. It happens more often to my wife's computer than mine, which is odd because we have the same processor and gpu (memory might be different, I don't remember).

Telaran

It might help the Devs if you've had this problem to post which Nvidia card you are running.
    As I said, I'm running the 1070 but have not had the issue.

Rift Chaser

I got the hard lockup three times in a row the other day when I was doing this fight as a Puri Healer. Every time it was during the pillar AoE. Someone in group mentioned it was something to do with attacking the pillar itself. As I was using the puri fire aoe spell, for the next attempt I did healing only and got through without any crash.

Hope that helps.

EDIT:

my system specs

ASRock P67 Pro motherboard with Core i5-2550 processor, 8GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 560 Ti graphics card with driver version 344.11 running fully patched Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, and using the Rift 64-bit client.
    Last edited by Lightwell; 12-13-2016 at 02:08 PM.

Plane Walker

This does happen to me. Do agree with Chamber that it is usually pretty early in the fight if its going to happen.

Have not tried turning around and not facing the pillar at 75

I'm win10, and when it happens to me, it hard locks rift to the point that I can't even kill it in task manager. I have to do a hard reboot to get my pc back.

When it does freeze, it's as if it goes into a repeating loop for sound, usually sounds like rah rah rah rah.

Probably happens to me 1 in 3 times i do the encounter. However know for some guildees it is 95% of the time, to the point where one person has quit playing over it.
    Last edited by Rhumble; 12-13-2016 at 01:58 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by rutte View Post
    ... it seems to only be affecting people with Nvidia graphics cards.
    AMD card here, same issues.

RR has been able to reproduce it. He's seen it in person now. I know he didn't respond here, but he has.

Not a Nvidia Vs. ATI thing.
    Class skill isn't ruled out.
    Some people get it, some don't.
    Most won't get it all the time.
    Some folks hope that it's Tasuil's voice causing the issue.
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast