+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Temple of Ananke < Killthraxus > Fix Please !

Quote Originally Posted by Warlor View Post
    Instead of making people get frustrated about this why not lock the dungeon until you figure out the fix. If you want to see somebody crash on this group with me. I crash every single time as TAC, Phys, and MM.
    Interesting because i never crash with mm tac or phys or rs. I feel that this is more like a game setting or os problem where this part is not compatible with certain os or driver installed that are causing the problem.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Soulwalker

Default Not hardware or OS related at client side

I played this event with my main char atleast 20+ times, without any disconnect by myself. But any time there was 1-2 other Players getting dc. Today I went there with another char, first time. We attempted 6 or more times to get this event done. Any single time I went dc befor the second group of mobs could be killed. Once after less than 30 seconds in the event the other time we got second group of mobs almost killed bevor dc.

Please take this Expert out of the random group search pool, so I can go for the other 2 Experts with that char.

Soulwalker

Thanks for tip guys. Doing no AoE fixed my DC problems with this encounter (tested it only with DPS spec, I assume it will work for my Warchanter as well if I'll stop using We Won't Falter! during the fight).

Yep still happening. Also the last boss, it bugs out where the dragon is immune and big breasted troll boss is untargetable. Waited 20 min until it finally activated. A few times we had to wipe it a couple of times to reset it. The drunken bull guy bugs out to where he doesn't drop the whine barrel and appears long after he dies. The pillar still has issues with dc's, but that's it.

side note, went into CoA and well noticed we were doing hardly any damage as we would SFP experts. Still was able to 4 man CoA, but was a pain when we all were doing 121k instead of 300k we should be doing normally on normal mode.

To avoid pillar boss to black screen, use a second screen and position task manager on other screen when you just need to close the game or you will have to hard restart your computer.
    Last edited by PlagueWolf; 12-21-2016 at 02:12 AM. Reason: added a fix solution.
    ~PlagueWolf
    Guild Master
    <The Royal Guards of Valhalla>
    https://rgovrift.wordpress.com/~Webpage
    https://discordapp.com/widget?id=170354469744148480~DISCORD

Quote Originally Posted by Mnaga View Post
    Thanks for tip guys. Doing no AoE fixed my DC problems with this encounter (tested it only with DPS spec, I assume it will work for my Warchanter as well if I'll stop using We Won't Falter! during the fight).
    Or you can just cancel Battlesong for this fight so you wont have any aoe damage.

I think it has something to do with all the spikes, and the fire aoe coming on at the same time as some of the sound. I dunno but it glitched the sound first you can hear it, than it feezes the screen. Only dungeon I crash on hope its fixed soon.
    Last edited by Salve; 12-21-2016 at 03:42 AM.

Shadowlander

Default Repro Steps for Dev

Repro steps to cause intermittent crash during tower phase:

1) Queue for ToA with 4 other random players.
    2) Get to Killthraxus, start the fight
    3) Have everyone run AoE specs and spam the tower and mobs until it activates spikes/flames. Ensure tank is using AoE abilities to help get threat (I'm a rogue tank so just TPing around causes pulsing AoE)
    4) Repeat #1 with different players if no crash is encountered.

You will need a way to track the client while it's running, There is no error report prompt from the freeze.

Soulwalker

Default Since my last post here, no dc anymore after changing behavior

On 12-20 I posted here, because I got frustrated due to the continuing dc's trying to tank the event with my rogue. After I had wrote the message, I wandered throught the thread and found the hint, that AOE's close to tower will trigger the dc. Since than I have killed Killthraxus multiple times without issues.

What is different now: At the start of the event I ask all group-members to not use any AOE anywhere close to the tower. When tanking myself with my rogue, I pull the mobs always away from tower, to avoid that my AOE will hit it.

So for me it proved, that the AOE's close to the tower caused the dc's when I attempted to tank this event with my rogue.

Angry

i think all with nvidia card grafic have this problem , same me and i test with one older grafic card radeon and no happen but is older and slow so i have still to use my nvidia card, but that is not our pc its the game core run

Well it happend again 2 days ago . 4/5 party members crashed .

Wanted to give it a try maybe with the Format/clean install of my pc would fix issues but it didnt.

This sucks .
    IGN: Queenleona @ Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    I've actually only seen it once. Last week while running the dungeon my group and I locked up like five or so times which resulted in a few wipes. I haven't seen it since then or been able to reproduce it on my work machine locally which is most important because that's the best way to track down exactly what is causing it. So no, I sadly at this time cannot reliably reproduce it :-(.
    Hi SupermanSocks, just a follow up on the issue, a lot says that its sound or ae related problem but i doubt it, i have used the same video and sound settings since the beginning of the expansion and started doing TOA from day 2 or 3 till now never had a single crash no matter what roles i play as rogue and how i dps or heal.

However, today i had 3 people including a puri with only eruption on me crashed and that we have to find replacement, 1 of the pug in the second run told me to turn on Hide Player Hit FX so i turned it off, and after 2-3 times of cone ae fire, i crashed with glitching sound, i alt+tab out, kill process and reconnected and carrying on.

I think it could be highly related to the setting Hide Other Player's Hit FX in Interface Combat, if it was just a random crash there's no reason for it to just happen now after i untick this setting but a lot sooner when the problem first appeared on the forums weeks ago.

I have my sound setting posted in a separate post in this thread, and attached my video and interface combat settings, may be you could give it try on your side, i can pretty much guarantee a 2nd crash after another few runs at least.

Temple of Ananke < Killthraxus > Fix Please !-toa-2.jpgTemple of Ananke < Killthraxus > Fix Please !-setting.jpg
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Soulwalker

I crash NEARLY everytime on this boss, I have been studying things as the fight goes along,I cant really see anything mechanically, but... on the only 2 times I have made it through (out of probably 30 odd times) someone in the party got the "The Unburnt" achievement... dont know if that helps, but just something of note from my end.

Several if us crashed several times on Killthraxus tonight. Will try the Hide Other Player's FX setting someone suggested but wow this was seriously frustrating.

Also the Ananke fight bugged out. She would not become active in the second phase. We decided to die in AoE. After a couple of us died, the she finally became active then we wiped, reset.

Second go, she got stuck again. Decided to send two people to die in AoE. After they died, she activated. Rezzed them and finished.

Oh yeah also on Lord Drav we got no shard spawns, so just painfully killed him with his last piece of armor on.

Plane Walker

I think Kilthraxus is fine as it is. After all, when the tank d/cs, it's like hitting the hard mode button as a healer. It makes it really engaging and difficult when mobs are just bouncing from dps to dps to you then back to the dps......

Just gotta think of the d/cs as a mechanic guys. It's a new concept: gfx checks and relog from d/c timer checks ;)

Turning sound, accolades off and hide other player hit FX seems to fix it for most people.

It would be nice to figure out why it crashes. Does the machine you play on have ECC RAM SupermanSocks?
    Doveblack@laethys(cleric) Blackdovey@laethys(rogue) Blackdovie@laethys(mage)

Guild: Doves

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast