+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Temple of Ananke < Killthraxus > Fix Please !

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    RR has been able to reproduce it. He's seen it in person now. I know he didn't respond here, but he has.
    I've actually only seen it once. Last week while running the dungeon my group and I locked up like five or so times which resulted in a few wipes. I haven't seen it since then or been able to reproduce it on my work machine locally which is most important because that's the best way to track down exactly what is causing it. So no, I sadly at this time cannot reliably reproduce it :-(.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    I've actually only seen it once. Last week while running the dungeon my group and I locked up like five or so times which resulted in a few wipes. I haven't seen it since then or been able to reproduce it on my work machine locally which is most important because that's the best way to track down exactly what is causing it. So no, I sadly at this time cannot reliably reproduce it :-(.
    Cool, thanks for the update. If he never got in contact with you I'll yell at Queenleona to feed you any extra info he has tonight.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Rift Disciple

I wonder if it's possible for a Dev to team with a person that it seems to happen consistently to and maybe get some readings on what might be causing it?

If so, I know we have at least two guild members that cannot fight that phase (We usually end up 4 manning it while they reboot their computers). I can ask if they'd be willing to team up with a Dev or two and help troubleshoot this issue.

Having ran this a million times as several different tank, healing, and dps specs I can say I am pretty positive that the crashes are due to people AoEing the pillar as the tri-cone flame activates. With 100% success, I have had people stop crashing after I told them to not hit the pillar or AoE near the pillar as the tri-cone activates. I believe hitting it while only the telegraph is out is safe, and hitting it any time not during tri-cone is safe too. Just can't hit as it activates.

This also explains why some people never disconnect (are you a healer or ST only spec?) and why some people disconnect very frequently (do you have a lot of passive cleave?)

For now, have your tanks run very far away from the pillar as soon as the tri-cone telegraph comes out and have your dps stop attacking. You can always pick the bomb up and run it the pillar if the bomb mob dies far away.

Let me know if this helps anyone else as any extra information will help the devs squash this bug for good.
    Last edited by Scourge; 12-14-2016 at 02:27 AM.
    70 Cleric Heptane@Greybriar
    70 Mage Pentane@Greybriar
    70 Primalist Veteris@Wolfsbane
    65 Rogue Tectus@Wolfsbane
    65 Warrior Alacer@Wolfsbane

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Having ran this a million times as several different tank, healing, and dps specs I can say I am pretty positive that the crashes are due to people AoEing the pillar as the tri-cone flame activates. With 100% success, I have had people stop crashing after I told them to not hit the pillar or AoE near the pillar as the tri-cone activates. I believe hitting it while only the telegraph is out is safe, and hitting it any time not during tri-cone is safe too. Just can't hit as it activates.

This also explains why some people never disconnect (are you a healer or ST only spec?) and why some people disconnect very frequently (do you have a lot of passive cleave?)

For now, have your tanks run very far away from the pillar as soon as the tri-cone telegraph comes out and have your dps stop attacking. You can always pick the bomb up and run it the pillar if the bomb mob dies far away.

Let me know if this helps anyone else as any extra information will help the devs squash this bug for good.
    I have to admit I was skeptical of this theory but tested it in a run earlier tonight and sure enough players that definitely were crashing were suddenly ok when I stopped using firestorm during the add phase

Soulwalker

If I am running TAC spec I crash every time. If I run phys I don't crash.

Shadowlander

I crash almost every time on this fight, so I did some testing and can confirm that I had no crash when I asked everyone to run ST and not aoe the mobs by the tower or the tower itself.

AoE affecting the tower and mobs upon activation seems to be a good theory that's holding up so far.

Rift Chaser

Twice now I've frozen when I switched targets to the pillar, without even using any abilities. If I don't switch to the pillar during the fight, I don't freeze.

I haven't actively tried to reproduce it, but both times that it has happened to me, I have been tanking. I've been standing near where the boss spawns, couldn't tell you off the top of my head whether the tri-cone was active at the time, but there's a good chance that it was. Would have been mashing the cleric aoe hammer, so quite possibly could have hit the pillar with that or even the BoJ passive / legendary / whatever you want to call it.
    Last edited by Hewi; 12-18-2016 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Passive != Legendary
    NA#1 T-Rex. One of the token aussies for -Lemme Smash-
    RIP Coriolis.

PrancingTurtle online log parser

It's happened to me twice as rogue tank, both times the adds stop spawning so we just have to dps the pillar down.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsyko View Post
    It's happened to me twice as rogue tank, both times the adds stop spawning so we just have to dps the pillar down.
    Have not experienced crashing at all while tanking or dpsing as rogue. Could be your sound settings in this case?

Attached my sound settings, give it a try.
    Last edited by MisakaMikoto; 12-19-2016 at 03:56 AM.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Soulwalker

Unhappy Temple of Ananke Boss Crash.

I have had this happen too, me and several other players kept freezing up during that battle. I got the dungeon done once without issue, the next time I did it it crashed. Is there a way to enable debugging mode in rift so as to provide a proper dump when the game crashes? Kind of buggy for being a released dungeon. Perhaps it should have stayed beta for a bit longer. The que times are horrible since it seems no one is doing them.

System
    Slackware Linux Current, Kernel 4.x, Nvidia version 367.35, Xorg 11.0, KDE 4.x, Wine 1.9.23 Staging
    I also play on windows 7 as well.

Shadowlander

Default killthrax crash

it happens to me all the time when im tanking and i do not have an nvidia graphics card if i am spamming a lot of aoe it is sure to happen to me however when the pillar aoe phase start if i only use taunts and pulls i do not dc. Not using attacks specifically aoe during the pillar aoe phase seems to make a difference for me. i just warn the healer they may have to drop some heavy heals then in case others get agro

Shadowlander

Default killthrax crash

it happens to me all the time when im tanking and i do not have an nvidia graphics card if i am spamming a lot of aoe it is sure to happen to me however when the pillar aoe phase start if i only use taunts and pulls i do not dc. Not using attacks specifically aoe during the pillar aoe phase seems to make a difference for me. i just warn the healer they may have to drop some heavy heals then in case others get agro

Soulwalker

Instead of making people get frustrated about this why not lock the dungeon until you figure out the fix. If you want to see somebody crash on this group with me. I crash every single time as TAC, Phys, and MM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast