+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Meteorblade

Thread: Intrepid Darkening Deeps - Some achievements still not being credited

Default Intrepid Darkening Deeps - Some achievements still not being credited

Intrepid: Stop The Madness
    Even if you kill the boss with 20 or more stacks this isn't being credited. Days ago we killed the boss without ever removing him from the moonlight, i.e. we let him get to his cap of 30 Lunar Madness stacks and killed him that way. The achievement wasn't credited so we raised a GM ticket for it. GM's response was that they couldn't tell if we'd met the criteria so we weren't awarded it. We've been back and I now have another ticket submitted, this time with a screenshot of the boss 1% away from dying with 26 stacks.

Rapid Assault: Intrepid Darkening Deeps
    This isn't being credited even if you manage to complete the instance within 30 minutes. Again, I have a GM ticket open for this, with a screenshot taken at 20:17 GMT stood at the start of the instance before we engaged the first mobs and a second screenshot taken at 20:41 GMT showing Scarn being dead, i.e. cleared in 24 minutes.

We shouldn't have to be filing tickets for these achievements but if we do GMs should be able to ascertain whether the criteria were met or not without us needing to provide screenshots as evidence.

Three days ago I filed GM tickets asking for the members of my dungeon groups to be granted these achievements as they had not automatically been triggered.

For "Stop The Madness" I provided this screenshot...

The screenshot clearly shows the boss being tanked in the moonlight, with 26 stacks of the Lunar Madness buff, with 546K HP left and the total DPS of the group being 540.7K, i.e. the boss has around a second to live. The achievement requires him to die with at least 20 stacks of Lunar Madness. He died with 26 stacks.

For "Rapid Assault" I provided these screenshots...

In both of the screenshots I have used the /time command to generate an exact time-stamp in the chat window. The first screenshot shows the party having just entered the dungeon and before we've engaged in combat at 20:17. The second screenshot shows the party having killed the end boss at 20:41. The elapsed time between the screenshots was 24 minutes 05 seconds. The achievement requires you to complete the dungeon within 30 minutes of first combat. Clearly we beat that time by almost 6 minutes.

I also provided the Instance IDs of both of these runs in the tickets - Request #752674 and Request #752682 respectively - and both tickets have received standard, copy and pasted responses of "we can't help / submit a bug report". Sorry, but what am I going to put in a bug report that these instance IDs and screenshots don't already give you? It's simple to replicate this issue, just run the dungeon on live.

Seriously, grant the achievements in response to the tickets and fix why they're not being automatically granted in the first place.

"Hello!

Thank you for contacting us regarding the achievements "Intrepid: All Wrapped Up " and "Intrepid: Stop the Madness". Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to verify this achievement through our logs. Without verification we are unable to provide the achievement to you. We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this issue."

Literally provided the same screens as you. It's really sad.

Huh,
    the race for the World First achievements is huge thing in this game.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

I mentioned the achievements being broken to Epsiry in Rift Discord and he said he would look into it. I also sent a PM last week to Daggon about them.

Hopefully they will be fixed on Wednesday even though Thanksgiving was on.

The whole CS thing and dealing with Achievements is a problem of its own because if they can't see something in the combat log or w/e they use they just say "sorry our logs don't show it".

They also don't like screenshots because you can edit them

PS: Thanks for blacking out all the plat you are swimming in from the expansion.
    Last edited by Boase; 11-27-2016 at 08:53 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

I got updates to the tickets overnight...

"Rapid Assault" got this response...
    Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

I apologize for any confusion or frustration this issue may have caused. After researching your issue, we have added the Achievement "Rapid Assault: Intrepid Darkening Deeps" to the members of your group.
    As a result of this ticket everyone in my group was granted the Rapid Assault achievement.

"Stop The Madness" got this response...
    Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused, and I can certainly understand how a bug within the game would cause frustration. Unfortunately, this is not something the customer service department is able to address. In order for our QA and development departments to investigate and resolve these issues they need information directly from players through the bug report system.
    I'm not letting that drop. Updated and awaiting further response.

Despite the same level of detail being provided for both tickets, having one achievement granted and one not, you'd expect that two different GMs had responded to these tickets, having different opinions on whether they should grant the achievement or not but no... it was exactly the same GM, and he updated both of these tickets within 20 minutes of each other. That's some major short-term discrepancy right there.

+ Reply to Thread