+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Intrepid Darkening Deeps Scarn

Telaran

Default Intrepid Darkening Deeps Scarn

Is Intrepid Darkening Deeps broken? We get all the way through to the end and now for the 3rd time no Scarn spawns. Did we miss something along the way or if this just broken and not being addressed?

Shadowlander

I found you have to soft reset the instance. It's a pain but ehh, you get to kill it.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep

Telaran

And what was done to "Soft Reset" IDD?

A group of guildies and i were there a couple of hours ago and once we reached the last room Scarn wasn't there. As well we found the door after kill the Werewolf locked but you can go through it, so it could be a little bit confusing for anyone who never have been there before.

And BTW it looks to us really really really easy, piece of cake, we could not try Scarn because he is on vacation visiting some relatives or something like that due to Xmas perhaps :P But the rest of the bosses, c'mon is exactly the same than before, everything is the same, it looks more alike a 60 expert, even Master Modes were so far harder than that when it was implemented long ago.

What is it all about soft reset? no idea tbh, since when can you reset an Expert Dungeon?
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Everyone exits the dungeon for 15 minutes = reset.

It doesn't respawn trash etc and scarn will be up. Just click the glowing orb at the start of the dungeon once you enter back in.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Everyone exits the dungeon for 15 minutes = reset.

It doesn't respawn trash etc and scarn will be up. Just click the glowing orb at the start of the dungeon once you enter back in.
    Thanks a lot, so perhaps today we finally will see him at home
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Quote Originally Posted by Shelenia View Post
    Thanks a lot, so perhaps today we finally will see him at home
    Currently, the hardest part of the Scarn fight is waiting patiently for 15 minutes outside of the instance, waiting for a soft-reset, so that you can zone in and kill him. This effectively doubles the time it takes to do IDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Currently, the hardest part of the Scarn fight is waiting patiently for 15 minutes outside of the instance, waiting for a soft-reset, so that you can zone in and kill him. This effectively doubles the time it takes to do IDD.
    Yeah we can't get rapid assault IDD and Scarn doesn't even gain heat stats (which the damage seems overtuned already) from the bonepiles.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

If you think Scarn not showing up is annoying, my first time through only 2 of the 3 members of the Gedlo Conclave bothered to spawn. Did the dungeon NPCs unionize?

#noshowjobscam
    Last edited by bitnine; 11-21-2016 at 12:05 PM.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Hello and thanks for reporting this, it was a doozy to track down! There is currently a fix implemented and will be live with the next hotfix.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Epsiry View Post
    Hello and thanks for reporting this, it was a doozy to track down! There is currently a fix implemented and will be live with the next hotfix.
    Nice one!
    <Harshmallows> Gelidra shard

Kuurgan - Level 65 Warrior
    Macleodd - Level 65 Mage
    Ramirezz - Level 65 Rogue

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Epsiry View Post

...you know I had to.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Well the timer keeps ticking even if you're in another instance so you can do say Temple while waiting for IDD to reset, of course you run the risk if you just random queue that you get IDD again and miss out on scarn from the first IDD but I still prefer taking the risk rather than sitting there for 15min doing nothing.

shp
    Champion

There is a trick to reach Scarn without 15min for soft reset.

You have to skip the slime boss, have a rogue sneak past him and summon/CotA rest of the party. Kill Conclave, go down and Scarn will be there, then go back and kill the slime. Saves 15min, still won't consume random charge though.

Soulwalker

Am i the only one who seems to feel Scarn is extremely Beefy if you are single healing him?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast