• 1 Post By Sahtiaro
  • 1 Post By Artak
  • 2 Post By Sahtiaro
  • 1 Post By Shelenia
  • 1 Post By sirdiggby
  • 1 Post By Shelenia

Thread: Expert Dungeons

Default Expert Dungeons

Hey ppl, I'm uploading videos of expert dungeons to my youtube channel.

You can check if you are interested about some mechanics.

Intrepid Darkening Deeps

Temple of Ananke

Tuath'de Coven
    Last edited by Sahtiaro; 11-22-2016 at 01:36 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na

Rift Master

Mechanics? there are mechanics? For real though I'm disappointed in how easy SFP experts are, NTEs were actually a challenge early on but this go around it feels like we're already T2-T3 geared and just face rolling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    Mechanics? there are mechanics? For real though I'm disappointed in how easy SFP experts are, NTEs were actually a challenge early on but this go around it feels like we're already T2-T3 geared and just face rolling them.

I agree It's a bit weird and the fact that 2000hit is required is an overkill. Upgrade from experts are minimal + this makes them even easier as entry gear standard is set higher.

Fresh players might struggle with some bosses, but it still feels like normal mode dungeon at least for me. I used to tank NTE and at start autoattacks from boss did 60k (120k HP tank) and now autoattacks do 20k (320k HP tank).

Maybe they add Master mode aswell to make them a challenge.

Expert Dungeons as they are stated nowadays are a joke.

We did it with none of us having the Hit, i had the higher hit in the group and it was 1975, missing legs. Even one of my guildmates had to go and we did it with 4 members. Where is the meaning of "Expert"?? I just hope something else coming up asap because it has no sense at all.

Do Experts in order to get the same items you already have.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

and BTW i saw your video and probably you were the only one with the hit in there due to the dps meter :P

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shelenia View Post
    and BTW i saw your video and probably you were the only one with the hit in there due to the dps meter :P
    No idea if he has the hit or not, but Reaver's dots and infestations can't miss.

As for experts themselves. They really are a joke and a disapointment. Where is the quality you were promising us? It was the reason why we only got two new dungons as well!

The only thing making them seem hard and taking a while is all the miss/dodge form lack of hit and the roleplay and IDD last boss bug. And there's nothign even remotely "expert" about them.

I get the feeling when they spoke of quality they meant story (and possibly writing, not sure). I really haven't paid any attention to that while leveling or doing dungeons, but the amount of text is almost absurd.
    Sadly in terms of mechanics and quality/bugs etc it's a disappointment.
    The gearing with only 3 epics available almost feels like they simply ran out of time and are trying to sell it as a feature. I cannot otherwise explain why they would change the gearing so much when you could be full epic dungeon gear in chocolate rift and both previous expansions. Also no weekly, no raid rifts, IA and rift content were merged (as opposed to IA and Nightmare/Hunt Rifts seperately), crafting feels unfinished (only couple runes/orb slots). It just feels like they removed stuff that was there previously because of time restraints.

I really hope they are announcing something for PvE-focused guys. A new dungeon or two or a date for the raid. 18 months for 2 new dungeons and a reboot seems meager.
    Last edited by dunkelst; 11-21-2016 at 09:01 AM.
    Quit: I survived 4.0, but 4.1 broke my will.
    Replacing the "challenge" with a grind to get the best gear is just too much with what was already wrong since 4.0.

Added Expert: Temple of Ananke and you can notice it looks like some sort of normal dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkelst View Post
    I get the feeling when they spoke of quality they meant story (and possibly writing, not sure). I really haven't paid any attention to that while leveling or doing dungeons, but the amount of text is almost absurd.
    Sadly in terms of mechanics and quality/bugs etc it's a disappointment.
    The gearing with only 3 epics available almost feels like they simply ran out of time and are trying to sell it as a feature. I cannot otherwise explain why they would change the gearing so much when you could be full epic dungeon gear in chocolate rift and both previous expansions. Also no weekly, no raid rifts, IA and rift content were merged (as opposed to IA and Nightmare/Hunt Rifts seperately), crafting feels unfinished (only couple runes/orb slots). It just feels like they removed stuff that was there previously because of time restraints.

I really hope they are announcing something for PvE-focused guys. A new dungeon or two or a date for the raid. 18 months for 2 new dungeons and a reboot seems meager.

hah that sig is priceless, seriously months of hearing tasuil become an edgemaster is gonna be really annoying.

Added Tuath'de Coven, the easiest of the 3.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana
    DUNGEONS AND RAIDS

DARKENING DEEPS: INTREPID
    * Fixed a bug where Scarn would despawn until the instance was soft reset.

TEMPLE OF ANANKE
    * Reworked the last fight to be more clear and a bit easier.

TUATH'DE COVEN: EXPERT
    * Should now be at the appropriate difficulty. All enemies are roughly 20% tougher.
    Damn guys, i don't think Coven will be doable after this patch, it will be too hard

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    Damn guys, i don't think Coven will be doable after this patch, it will be too hard
    It's ok tho because they're nerfing temple we can just spam that!

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    I noticed a little bit of sarcasm around hahahaha

Anyway, Coven was so easy that an extra 20% probably will be useless

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    Maybe they add Master mode aswell to make them a challenge
    I very much hope this is the case, i know they are planning some tuning for these but they would be better off either doing just this or sending the current 'expert mode' to 'normal mode' and redesigning this to up the difficulty. Normal mode is almost redundant as it stands, i think we as a guild did one to confirm there wasn't any gear in there worth doing it for.

Hopes for the future;
    (1. CC is required for some mobs, make it have a use again.
    (2. High-ish tank damage, balanced with entry current gear and souls.
    (3. Tuned aoe damage, balanced with entry current gear and souls.

If I'm honest i wished master-mode had come back for a long time, certainly worth it for an end-game perspective... and to fill holes for those smaller guilds who have a bad signup night.

Here's hoping!

Arch.
    Last edited by Archaoss; 11-25-2016 at 11:11 AM.
    “[User:] I can’t believe it. [Yoda:] That is why you fail.”

+ Reply to Thread