+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Trinket life

Default Trinket life

Has anyone else had an issue where a trinket didnt drop for them on Lord Arak in MoM, or was it just me and my guildies?
    NinjaGummybears@Deepwood
    <-Virus->
    Virtue>Trinity>Critical Hit>Nefarious>Virus
    VodkaGummybear@DW Capsllock@GB
    *DarkDaemons Mom*

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaCarebear View Post
    Has anyone else had an issue where a trinket didnt drop for them on Lord Arak in MoM, or was it just me and my guildies?
    It's random.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Loot tables are RNG. The same could happen on Vladmal Prime in HK and from Anrak in IGP. You can have no trinket drops.

wait really? ive never once had it not drop a single trinket, i thought it was guaranteed to drop one ;~;
    NinjaGummybears@Deepwood
    <-Virus->
    *DarkDaemons Mom*

No.

1210chars/

guess i just got lucky every other week, heh, ty (:
    NinjaGummybears@Deepwood
    <-Virus->
    *DarkDaemons Mom*

i have never seen a trinket not drop from arak either. same goes for anrak and vlad.
    Last edited by ecru; 10-15-2016 at 04:07 AM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    i have never seen a trinket not drop from arak either. same goes for anrak and vlad.
    I was going to say the same thing. I started not seeing trinkets from Anrak when they increased the number of drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. I started not seeing trinkets from Anrak when they increased the number of drops.
    I do think this is related to the change in drop balance. Before it happened, we had the Cosmic Bag mat drop from Fauxmire from every kill, exactly 1 of them, never 0, never 2, for months. The week after the increased drops go in, we got 0 of them. I think we had 3 rings and a pair of gloves, but we had 0 of the crafting mat. We also got 2 weapons from Enigma, and I don't mean the possible bonus shield, but 2 of his regular weapon drops, plus a pair of boots. Then this week in one of our CoA groups (which I didn't think was affected? but who knows what went on in backend systems) Hericius dropped 2 weapons and 0 chestpieces, which had never happened before either, always one of each.

I looked around and couldn't find it, but I remember a dev post from when they made a loot change to ROF that said you aren't guaranteed a particular category of item, but the system will just prevent you from getting multiple of the same item. So Drekanoth could possibly drop 3 gloves, though the chances were low, it was possible, you'll just never get say, 2 rogue dps gloves.

So maybe the method they use to boost item droprates changes the way the tables work?
    Last edited by Serein; 10-15-2016 at 10:19 AM.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    okay so i feel less dumb then, cuz ive never seen it not drop, but all of a sudden they do this "more drop" thing and it ****s us out of one of the main things everyone in all guilds need
    NinjaGummybears@Deepwood
    <-Virus->
    *DarkDaemons Mom*

Quote Originally Posted by Serein View Post
    I do think this is related to the change in drop balance. Before it happened, we had the Cosmic Bag mat drop from Fauxmire from every kill, exactly 1 of them, never 0, never 2, for months. The week after the increased drops go in, we got 0 of them. I think we had 3 rings and a pair of gloves, but we had 0 of the crafting mat. We also got 2 weapons from Enigma, and I don't mean the possible bonus shield, but 2 of his regular weapon drops, plus a pair of boots. Then this week in one of our CoA groups (which I didn't think was affected? but who knows what went on in backend systems) Hericius dropped 2 weapons and 0 chestpieces, which had never happened before either, always one of each.

I looked around and couldn't find it, but I remember a dev post from when they made a loot change to ROF that said you aren't guaranteed a particular category of item, but the system will just prevent you from getting multiple of the same item. So Drekanoth could possibly drop 3 gloves, though the chances were low, it was possible, you'll just never get say, 2 rogue dps gloves.

So maybe the method they use to boost item droprates changes the way the tables work?
    The problem with that is, if they did its gonna possibly hurt guilds, most people who are still farming it are farming for weapons and trinkets. Some for gear still aswell but the main thing most guilds still want are the weaps and trinks. And if they arent gonna be dropped then it just gonna be a little worrysome.
    NinjaGummybears@Deepwood
    <-Virus->
    *DarkDaemons Mom*

The problem with that is, if they did its gonna possibly hurt guilds, most people who are still farming it are farming for weapons and trinkets. Some for gear still aswell but the main thing most guilds still want are the weaps and trinks. And if they arent gonna be dropped then it just gonna be a little worrysome.
    Well, they will still drop, but it'll be random. Plus, having or not having the trinket really won't make much of a difference in a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Well, they will still drop, but it'll be random. Plus, having or not having the trinket really won't make much of a difference in a month.
    Yea but idk, its still gonna be nice to have cuz youll still want gear to go thru the questline and whatnot
    NinjaGummybears@Deepwood
    <-Virus->
    *DarkDaemons Mom*

Rift Chaser

Yea but idk, its still gonna be nice to have cuz youll still want gear to go thru the questline and whatnot
    Once the crit power softcap is changed the MoM dps trinkets will be useless. The only trinkets that will still be "good" are the CoA tank trinkets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Aayden View Post
    Once the crit power softcap is changed the MoM dps trinkets will be useless. The only trinkets that will still be "good" are the CoA tank trinkets.
    The arak dps trinket will still last u until lvl 70 experts?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast